• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those who are planning to switch to PC, buy EVGA.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So this might come as slightly shilling, I get that, but it's for your own good. I RMA my old RTX2070 in living room media center, because it's fan started to make really ugly noise. However they do not have RTX2070 Black Edition in store, so they swapped me this card for RTX 2070 Super without any payment. Also Black Edition, which means basically reference card with different cooler, but that's not the point. Card was old and they still do that for me.

RMA took 10 days and yes, card was registered on their website since day 1. Yes, since I am in EU, I could RMA it at distributor, since card is less than 2 years of age. However I choose not to and RMA it t manufactuer and I was really pleasantly surprised.

Tl:dr who does not order cards from nVidia though EVGA is stealing from his/her family.

And no I am in no way affiliated with EVGA company, just happy customer.

Kind of makes me wonder why I ordered 3090 at nVidia itself, welp, what can you do...

Last edited:

M1chl

Me and my friend who both had a Asus 1070GTX Dual and I had a Asus Motherboard had terrible experience with their customer service.
Asus is terrible, hopefully my motherboard does not shit the bed. Sadly EVGA does not do normal motherboards. Everything Asus realted has to shit the bed within 2 years and has to be RMA at distributor, because otherwise you are shit out of luck.

Yeah, I hink I'm half way through a 10 year PSU warranty with them. My fucking joints won't lost another 10 years, let alone a piece of modern computer electronics.

diffusionx

Gold Member
EVGA are good people. My current 1080TI is MSI, but that was the only one I could get at the time. I hear they suck but it's been fine.
Asus is terrible, hopefully my motherboard does not shit the bed. Sadly EVGA does not do normal motherboards. Everything Asus realted has to shit the bed within 2 years and has to be RMA at distributor, because otherwise you are shit out of luck.

It's weird because ASRock started as a budget spin off of Asus, considered cheap shit, but is now considered better (my motherboard is AsRock).

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This has been the case foreeeevvvveerrrr. I dunno if they still have it, but EVGA used to have a very generous upgrade policy if you bought a card and a better version came out within 6 months or something like that. Now that we've reached a point where one card is basically the same damn thing as another, good CS is the real differentiator.

M1chl

EVGA are good people. My current 1080TI is MSI, but that was the only one I could get at the time. I hear they suck but it's been fine.

It's weird because ASRock started as a budget spin off of Asus, considered cheap shit, but is now considered better (my motherboard is AsRock).
Well I don't have any experience with ASRock, but I do have some friends who having their boards in not exactly common usage and they work fine. I have Asus boards, we since I can remeber never had problems with them, so I am going to stick with them, however I would like EVGA would do mainstream boards for AMD, since they are on the top these days for mainstream market.

M1chl

When I worked At SCAN our supplier of GPUs for the 3XS prebuilts was mostly EVGA. They're a reliable firm to work with apparently.

Corsair was the memory and PSUs though.
Both Corsair and EVGA is using Seasonic for their PSUs, so that's is reason why not to buy Corsair PSUs. Obviously I have PSU from EVGA also.

Been a fan of EVGA for years. Have one of their Supernova 80+ platinum PSU’s and It kicks ass. If i could i wouldve had EVGA everything, motherboard, gpu, ram etc but sadly EVGA isnt nearly as big o represented in my country as MSI or asus.

Also like their design language in general. Plus they offer quality shit.

Last edited:

M1chl

Been a fan of EVGA for years. Have one of their Supernova 80+ platinum PSU’s and It kicks ass. If i could i wouldve had EVGA everything, motherboard, gpu, ram etc but sadly EVGA isnt nearly as big o represented in my country as MSI or asus.
I don't think EVGA is huge anywhere, however you can still buy PSUs and nVidia GPUs from them, right?

I don't think EVGA is huge anywhere, however you can still buy PSUs and nVidia GPUs from them, right?

Yes but it’s they’re 3080 lineup were priced like 200-300 euro above the msrp as the FE.. if it was msrp I would’ve gone for evga no doubt.

While retailers also being unsure if and when the evga cards will show up.

Last edited:

M1chl

Yes but it’s they’re 3080 lineup were priced like 200-300 euro above the msrp as the FE.. if it was msrp I would’ve gone for evga no doubt.
I think they are introduce their Black Edition later, those cards which they are selling right now is overclocked and stuff like that.

I think they are introduce their Black Edition later, those cards which they are selling right now is overclocked and stuff like that.

Yeah, but i have no interest in factory OC cards. Instead i have a 'pre-order' for a Asus TUF and Zotac cards who both were msrp. But like i said, if there were an EVGA card for that price i would've gone for that no doubt or question. If one no OC card drop in the coming weeks or so before i'm able to get the card i 'pre-ordered' i'll try get one.

Soltype

They have upgraded me to a better card on almost every RMA I have done, been buying from them since 2008.

sn0man

I’ve had EVGA since 2002 or 2003ish on and off again Had an early geforce with them. Great customer support. They’re my default on stuff until I find a competitors product I might like more for specific aesthetic reasons. I don’t love the look of their initial 3080 but they’re great about warranty and treat you fair.
Disclaimer: EVGA does not pay me for anything.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PC isn't for you and me streamers enjoy PC and nerds praise PC, plus at this point consoles are already PCs.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
When I was into building rigs EVGA was my brand of choice. At least for video cards. It costs a bit more always thought, but you get that piece of mind.

M1chl

So since this received such a small attention, I hope you al are familiar with this company policy and I wish you low temperatures and high framerates.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Question from a console gamer: I don't understand how all these other companies get in the mix for nvidia's cards. Do they make their cards better somehow like faster ???

M1chl

Question from a console gamer: I don't understand how all these other companies get in the mix for nvidia's cards. Do they make their cards better somehow like faster ???
I am not sure, but EVGA is exlusively nVidia these days.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I am not sure, but EVGA is exlusively nVidia these days.

Just did a google search so I guess evga and these other companies license nvidia's designs and manufacture the cards and then later tweak it and release new editions. Interesting !

zcaa0g

Banned
In 30+ years of buying video cards, the EVGA 980TI I had was the only one that ever failed. Unfortunately it was outside of the warranty period and I have never been an overlooked. With that said, shit happens and could happen with any manufacturer.

GHG

My last 3 Nvidia GPU's have been EVGA and they have all performed very well.

They are the only ones who do global warranty as well so it doesn't matter where you live or where you buy your card from. That's the main reason I will always try to buy their GPU's.

CuNi

My Gigabyte 970 is still working fine to this very day!
Guys, you need to buy Gigabyte! Who cares about good customer service when your card works so well you never need to contact them anyway!!!

/s obviously. I'm glad OP had such a pleasant experience with CS and kudos to EVGA for being a good guy here!

small_law

I don't think I can pull myself away from Asus, but rarely do I hear a bad word spoken about EVGA. That I can appreciate.

Shifty1897

I'm a pretty unhappy EVGA customer. I was directed from Nvidia's website to Amazon for a promotion that would give me Control and CoD: Modern Warfare for free, and then when I bought a 2070 Super, no free games. I start with support calls. EVGA dodges the promotion, tells me I should call Amazon or Nvidia. Amazon denies the promotion, Nvidia fixes the website and denies the promotion, so I write an angry review and Amazon deletes the review.

So I was screwed out of two free games, and I can't even complain about it. Watch out for similar levels of bullshit from these companies when buying.

Chiggs

EVGA is a good choice, but their 3080s are among the worst designs I’ve seen for a video card.

My Gigabyte 970 is still working fine to this very day!
Guys, you need to buy Gigabyte! Who cares about good customer service when your card works so well you never need to contact them anyway!!!

Gigabyte 4 life.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

I've been a loyal Sapphire costumer for 15 years, the three video cards I bought are still in working condition.

In motherboards, Gigabyte all the way, my 2009 PC still works, even after the PSU went out with a bang, which also happened to be good enough to die on its own without taking any hardware with it.

M1chl

Just did a google search so I guess evga and these other companies license nvidia's designs and manufacture the cards and then later tweak it and release new editions. Interesting !
This is basically normal practice with every other manufactuer.

EVGA is a good choice, but their 3080s are among the worst designs I’ve seen for a video card.

Gigabyte 4 life.
To be fair, their 3080 is fugly. And I'm a big fan of sheer functionality over form factor. But my God, what were the designers thinking?! Then again it wouldn't matter, as I'd go the liquid cooled route for it anyways. My 2080ti barely touches low 60C under load, with a nice OC.

INC

My pre built was all evga, I paid alittle more, but you get what u pay for i guess.

so far so good, I have the black edition 2080s

GAMETA

Banned
Yup, my 770 and current 1070 are EVGA. So will be my soon to be 3070.

Great hardware, very reliable, never had a single issue with them for more than 7 years now. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about EVGA's customer service, which is rare and should be celebrated as a business decision in a world with far too much of the opposite. Neither of my GPUs have been from them, but my next one may just be.

My 1660ti is an MSI Armor (the middle of the three models) and I went for them because of brand reputation, reviews, and most importantly the fact that the fans don't turn on until the temps rise above 60. Which sounds great, but it just means that instead of a constant low, quiet RPM I get nothing then a loud spin up for 10-20 seconds while it brings things down, then silence again. I'd prefer the constant low. This happens even when idle.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
So this might come as slightly shilling, I get that, but it's for your own good. I RMA my old RTX2070 in living room media center, because it's fan started to make really ugly noise. However they do not have RTX2070 Black Edition in store, so they swapped me this card for RTX 2070 Super without any payment. Also Black Edition, which means basically reference card with different cooler, but that's not the point. Card was old and they still do that for me.

RMA took 10 days and yes, card was registered on their website since day 1. Yes, since I am in EU, I could RMA it at distributor, since card is less than 2 years of age. However I choose not to and RMA it t manufactuer and I was really pleasantly surprised.

Tl:dr who does not order cards from nVidia though EVGA is stealing from his/her family.

And no I am in no way affiliated with EVGA company, just happy customer.

Kind of makes me wonder why I ordered 3090 at nVidia itself, welp, what can you do...

You are getting a 3090? Jesus, how many crowns is that? Like 40,000?

Top Bottom