• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings List 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diddy #1 unsurprisingly, wasnt expecting Wiz to be so high just below Kanye
http://hiphop-n-more.com/2015/09/forbes-releases-2015-hip-hop-cash-kings-list/

Here we go again.

Forbes is back with their latest Hip-Hop Cash Kings List, this time ranking the highest paid individuals from the Rap world. It is based on their earnings from June 2014 to June 2015 but you can read the full criteria below.

It is no surprise that Diddy has topped the list once again, thanks to his lucrative ventures like Ciroc, TV network Revolt, clothing line Sean John and alkaline water brand Aquahydrate. Jay Z is the runners up while Drake comes in at third which is his best Cash Kings finish thus far. Dr. Dre, who was #1 last year falls to the 4th spot this year.

The criteria:

To formulate the Hip-Hop Cash Kings list, we consider pretax income from touring, record sales, streaming, publishing, merchandise sales, endorsements and other business ventures. Management, agent and attorney fees are not deducted. Earnings are calculated from June 2014 to June 2015 and based on data from Nielsen SoundScan, Pollstar, the RIAA and from interviews with managers, lawyers, executives and a handful of the artists themselves.
Full list:

1. Diddy $60 million
2. Jay Z: $56 million
3. Drake: $39.5 million
4. Dr. Dre: $33 million
5. Pharrell: $32 million
6. Eminem: $31 million
7. Kanye West: $22 million
8. Wiz Khalifa: $21.5 million
9. Nicki Minaj: $21 million
10. Birdman: $18 million
11. Pitbull: $17 million
12. Lil Wayne: $15 million
13. Kendrick Lamar: $12 million
13. J. Cole: $11 million
14. Snoop Dogg: $10 million
16. Rick Ross: $9 million
17. Tech N9ne: $8.5 million
18. Ludacris: $8 million
19. T.I.: $6 million
20. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: $5.5 million

Does Sean John still sell? I feel like I haven't seen that shit since 2001.

because they've rebranded to sell suits and other similar clothing
sean-john-jussie-smollett-empire-08202015-33-373x560.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Doesn't count that beyond just business ventures people like Dre, Diddy, and Jay all have substantial financial market holdings.

Slayven

It was only a year ago people seriously thought Iggy would be bigger than Nicki. Time sure flies.

Hahaha she fell off quick when folks realized her trick of getting more talented people to do the hook for her song.

Last I heard she was was crying on twitter because Britney wouldn't save her.

Fjordson

I'm a little surprised Cole isn't higher. Not a fan personally, but dude is a monster commercially. FHD is already platinum and his tour this year was huge.

Kendrick has had two fairly big albums now, though. Pretty sure GKMC did more than Born Sinner.

This is suspect as fuck, Kendrick above J Cole makes no sense at all.
J.Cole doesn't do endorsements, Kendrick does.

Hahaha she fell off quick when folks realized her trick of getting more talented people to do the hook for her song.

Last I heard she was was crying on twitter because Britney wouldn't save her.

You know your career is over when you get dragged on Twitter by Britney Spears.

Thewonandonly

Surprising to see that Dr. Dre isn't on the top with all the beats money. Could to see Kendrick on hear but he should be on the top for just how damn good To Pimp A Butterfly is. Seriously if you haven't listened to it then do yourself a favor and listen to it because personally I think its the best rap album in the last decade.

Aslo I havn't even heard of bird man last time I heard that name it was for a basketball player. Are they the same people.

jrush64

Banned
I'm a little surprised Cole isn't higher. Not a fan personally, but dude is a monster commercially. FHD is already platinum and his tour this year was huge.

Kendrick has had two fairly big albums now, though. Pretty sure GKMC did more than Born Sinner.

Yeah GKMC did better than Born Sinner. But FHD went platinum months ago, i think.

Didn't know Cole didn't do endorsements. Still glad he's there though.

see5harp

I didn't realize Kendrick did the theme song for Amazing Spiderman 2, but then again I didn't realize Amazing Spiderman 2 had a theme song.

I think every Kendrick fan was a little appalled with his initial idea to just repurpose maad city.

Man down. Where you from, web slinga?
Fuck who you know, where you from web slinga?
Where your aunt may stay, huh web slinga?
This forest city I swing, my web slinga

Slayven

I think every Kendrick fan was a little appalled with his initial idea to just repurpose maad city.

Man down. Where you from, web slinga?
Fuck who you know, where you from web slinga?
Where your aunt may stay, huh web slinga?
This forest city I swing, my web slinga

Stans mad about that shit when Bobby Smurda been locked up for 335 days? Where is the justice? Where is the resistance?

Man we got to do better

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You have to hand it to Diddy. He's been kind of playing the background for years and making tons of money.

Ciroc is really popular.

Syntsui

How? Hasn't Kendrick sold more albums and toured more than Cole?

It's exactly the opposite, as far as the headlines goes. Cole sold more albums and grossed 20 million from tours. Kendrick is not even touring right, mofo released one of the most acclaimed albums of all time and is only releasing videos on youtube.

It's exactly the opposite, as far as the headlines goes. Cole sold more albums and grossed 20 million from tours. Kendrick is not even touring right, mofo released one of the most acclaimed albums of all time and is only releasing videos on youtube.

Damn, I knew FHD did well, but I didn't know it did THAT well. Shits crazy. Yeah, you also right about TPAB and NOT having a tour? Like WTF? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom