• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings List 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

Also if I remember correctly jay z puts a lot of money into stock and is a really good business intrapaneir ( sorry if I butchered that but hopefully I guys know what I meet). Also jay z gets that Beyoncé money so times his money by 3.

I work right next to the main club in town, and at least once a year I see a HUGE Tech 9 bus in the parking lot. I have no idea what his music is like, but I always found it strange that he has such a following.

It's exactly the opposite, as far as the headlines goes. Cole sold more albums and grossed 20 million from tours. Kendrick is not even touring right, mofo released one of the most acclaimed albums of all time and is only releasing videos on youtube.

Kendrick went platinum on his first album, it took Cole until his third to do it. TPAB has sold a mil worldwide and will be platinum in the US by next spring. Kendrick is bigger on the global level and is also the bigger presence in the US, whereas Cole's popularity is largely in a vacuum.

I agree about the tour though. Doesn't make any sense and it's one of many fuck ups his label has made with this album. How do you do an amazing Colbert performance and then not announce a tour immediately afterward?

see5harp

I had no idea Tech had that kind of cashola

Me either. He must tour like a workhorse.

I think the craziest thing is the type of money a lot of EDM guys are pulling these days. Those guys basically have no DJ (including themselves in most cases lol) and basically just pay their road crew for the AV stuff. They stand on stage like pitbull with their arms in the air (dale) and if the audience is lucky they get an Ableton Live set.

Ninja Dom

Drake been in the game not long over 6 years. But he's flying higher than Eminem & Pharrell who are almost 20 years deep?

Ivan 3414

Drake been in the game not long over 6 years. But he's flying higher than Eminem & Pharrell who are almost 20 years deep?

Pharrell hasn't ever really been much of a solo artist and Eminem hasn't really had hits this year. Plus doesn't have a tour with Beyonce.

see5harp

Plus you're talking about a genre that doesn't necessarily reward those who have been in the game a long time. Chamillionaire has been around longer than Drake too. I'm sure he'll be on the county tour fair circuit soon.

Not sure how that's surprising. When you think about it for more than 3 seconds it makes sense pretty quickly. Drake had a great year thus Drake made money. Eminem did what in 2014 exactly that warrants him being really high on the list?

He probably made good money selling his share of the Nets. He bought in on that really, really low.

Jay-Z only owned 1/15th of 1% of the Nets. His share was valued at <$400,000 based on estimates by Forbes. Whether that's true or not who knows, but I am sure they're at least in the ballpark.

Didn't expect to see an underground artist on there and what kind of stuff does Jay-Z do outside of music? Actually I'm curious about Birdman and Ludacris too.

10. Birdman

u6ccdJP.gif

Syntsui

Didn't expect to see an underground artist on there and what kind of stuff does Jay-Z do outside of music? Actually I'm curious about Birdman and Ludacris too.

Jay Z has a lot of artist signed to his label, has some clubs and stocks of lots of companies. Ludacris is an actor. Birdman has Drake/Nicki/Wayne under his label and is a certified kingpin, a gangster of the highest degree.

Damn that's hard. What did he do to piss them off anyway?

I liked Faded back in the day... haven't heard anything since then. I figured he was out of the game.

I have no idea. About 25% of every Instagram post by bigghostltd includes at least one small jab at Tyga. #FuckTyga is thrown in quite often just for good measure.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Pitbull is a rapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom