• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget about physics - the official Dissidia Final Fantasy thread

rataven

GoldandBlue said:
Okay, I got some Alternate Costumes but I don't know how to select them in Quickplay Mode.
When you're on the main character customization screen (abilities, equipment, etc.) there's an option to Change Look. Press triangle and in the next battle, they'll have their alt look.

mjc

I just played the demo....pretty awesome stuff. I'm gonna have to pony up the cash to buy this tomorrow.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Yeah I'm not kidding, Firion makes me feel like Im having a hysterical pregnancy.

Hysterical describes you right now, no doubt...:lol

But yeah, I actually didn't like him at first either but then in the long run he definitely kicks ass.

Then, going from a long run of Firion to playing as someone like Exdeath can be alarming. "Move, damnit!" sums up my reaction to his normal speed in the first few fights before getting used to his defense/trap emphasis.

Regulus Tera said:
Firion is amazing at groundplay. I just wish you got other HP attacks for him sooner.

Indeed, a little bit of patience is needed as his skills build up. There is the very powerful long-range wind/corkscrew attack that dominates but he doesn't get it until late.

Somewhat earlier to get is the awesome killer-counter Shield Bash move. Caught Tidus here with it and this was his last conscious moment...

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0002.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I've heard this game described as Powestone + Smash bros in full 3d.

Is that a semi accurate description?

Can't wait till payday. This is the game that finally sold me on a psp.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just got this game tonight, a couple of quick questions... is there a story mode for the villains, or just only the good guys?

Is there a YouTube video or some sort of write up on good strategy for just playing the game "correctly". I feel like I am just doing too much button mashing and not much strategically battling when playing. What's the "correct" way to play this game rather than just mashing circle, then mashing some square, and hoping that hits connect?

Tamanon

Banned
Firion is great at breaking, annoying at finishing since his HP attack has such a big windup. But doing the spinning axe move to pull the opponent in and then immediately chaining to his multiple sword attack does great bravery damage.

Xater

The demo of this game didn't wow me but I might pick it up because of positive impressions. Can someone tell what the playtime on this one is? I guess in theory infinite but how long does the story mode take?

BuckRobotron said:
Indeed, a little bit of patience is needed as his skills build up. There is the very powerful long-range wind/corkscrew attack that dominates but he doesn't get it until late.

Somewhat earlier to get is the awesome killer-counter Shield Bash move. Caught Tidus here with it and this was his last conscious moment...

DISSIDIA_FINAL_FANTASY_0002.jpg

You don't get shield bash with him until level 38. Man that's a good while from now for me.

Zerokku said:
I've heard this game described as Powestone + Smash bros in full 3d.

Is that a semi accurate description?

Its not semi is quite accurate along those lines as I've wrote on the OP.

Adam Prime said:
Just got this game tonight, a couple of quick questions... is there a story mode for the villains, or just only the good guys?

Is there a YouTube video or some sort of write up on good strategy for just playing the game "correctly". I feel like I am just doing too much button mashing and not much strategically battling when playing. What's the "correct" way to play this game rather than just mashing circle, then mashing some square, and hoping that hits connect?

Not aware of any youtube channel or the notion of playing "correctly". You just need play and you'll get it as you go, not hard at all.

Shining Sunshine said:
I don't suppose there is dual language... >_>;;

Pfft....ha-ha...er...I mean no. I would have made note of this in the OP.

Xater said:
Can someone tell what the playtime on this one is? I guess in theory infinite but how long does the story mode take?

Really depends on you to be honest. Some stories aren't long and some are long. They mainly depend on if you leveled said characters. Hour wise it varies on how much time you pour into the fighters.

So Arcade mode really is infinite. Damn :lol My Squall is almost lvl 99 now. Time to tackle Inward Chaos. He is a bringer of almost immediate K.O's. What a beast of a character.

Edit: I see. so the AI is ramped up to merciless cheapness here -___-

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Urban Scholar said:
Its not semi is quite accurate along those lines as I've wrote on the OP.

Haha awesome. A mix of my two favorite fighters. As if I wasn't sold already. God I'm not sure I can make it to friday. This wait is going to be killer.

SecretBonusPoint said:
So Arcade mode really is infinite. Damn :lol My Squall is almost lvl 99 now. Time to tackle Inward Chaos. He is a bringer of almost immediate K.O's. What a beast of a character.

Edit: I see. so the AI is ramped up to merciless cheapness here -___-

Wait until you get to the end man... :(

mjc

I find it kinda odd that they put Jecht in as the villain for FFX instead of Seymour.
I'm rusty with FFX's storyline, but wasn't Jecht turned into Sin?

edgefusion

mjc said:
I find it kinda odd that they put Jecht in as the villain for FFX instead of Seymour.

Exactly. Seymour would have made a great villain, Jecht was just an asshole not actually evil.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
mjc said:
Even SE knows Seymour sucks though, that's why they used Jecht. Seymour is basically a Pooh bear voice pedo with Sailor Moon hair and a shitty plan that wasn't taken seriously by anyone else by mid game but still insisted on appearing constantly as a boss. Besides summoning Anima he doesn't do anything interesting that's battle related while in his human form either.

Toki767

Is it just me or is a level 100 Exdeath AI just incredibly stupid?

Having fun with the game though. Need 2 more Chapters of Shadow Impulse.

Just unlocked Cosmos' secret warrior, and she is every bit as evil as I'd hoped she'd be. She sucks a ton at the very beginning, but once you learn a couple key bravery attacks, she's a goddess. And she has by far one of the best EX modes in the game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Toki767 said:
Is it just me or is a level 100 Exdeath AI just incredibly stupid?

Having fun with the game though. Need 2 more Chapters of Shadow Impulse.

Kinda funny that the best character in the game is an idiot.

You'd think by now I'd be unbelievably sick of it, but One Winged Angel is one of the most grandiose, majestic and BAD ASS battle themes of all time.

And just so I understand this, there are no wireless battles just over wifi? Has to be a specific location?

Just started playing this. I really like the battle system, but I'm not really digging the game board thing. I'll probably get used to it though. I'm a little bit into Cecil's story and I think it's pretty cool how
Golbez isn't fully on the side of Chaos. I'm assuming some of the other villains end up being morally grey like they are in their respective games. I still think it's weird that Jecht is on the villain side.

cosmicblizzard said:
Just started playing this. I really like the battle system, but I'm not really digging the game board thing. I'll probably get used to it though. I'm a little bit into Cecil's story and I think it's pretty cool how
Golbez isn't fully on the side of Chaos. I'm assuming some of the other villains end up being morally grey like they are in their respective games. I still think it's weird that Jecht is on the villain side.

Eh, trust your instincts on Jecht.

Toki767

Deadly said:
and that's how you can get 100 lvls in one battle :lol
True, I'm using him to get item drops though. So far I've gotten Excalibur II, Kaiser Helm, Zeus Mace, and some Lute that I forgot the name of. I wanted to try getting Genji equipment but who knows how many battles that would take.

Wilsongt said:
Who thought it was a good idea to repeat the same fucking cutscene over again after you finish a character's chapter?
I dunno. Halfway through it the second time, I realized what was happening and skipped them all since.

Toki767

Been doing Shade Impulse with Firion, although I like using Bartz and Terra as well. Haven't tried any of the villains either.

~capsule

Neo Member
After playing my friend for about an hour in versus, I like using Golbez. I'm still going though story mode and picking what heroes I like.

This is the best new PSP game I've played in a long while :D.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Shantotto
should have got a story for herself. A lady of her caliber deserves more respect.

Her rhymes are amusing, and her insights perusing.

Teknoman

Amazing game, alot better than I thought it would be. Didnt really want to spoil myself too much...same as I did with Smash Bros Brawl, but the story mode seems pretty well done so far, and the opening CG is one of the best i've seen in awhile. Great original tracks as well.

Toki767

I gotta say, I appreciate being able to save/edit battle replays, but I wish they used a different format than motion JPG. It just ends up making 2 minute battles 130+mb on standard quality.

Regulus Tera said:
Shantotto
should have got a story for herself. A lady of her caliber deserves more respect.

Her rhymes are amusing, and her insights perusing.

How come every compliments her during their intro taunt before a fight? :lol

Aru

Just pre-ordered the UK collector's edition for 32.94 GBP (will be exchanged for 38 € almost) :D

Joining you guys soon ! The week after next week.

I think the PAL and US versions should be compatible for adhoc play because all languages are included in both versions.

I'll try Adhoc party if someone wants to try with me someday !

Been using Bartz and Cecil. I've been whooping all kinds of ass with Bartz, I'm really impressed with his move set so far. Zidane has been a big surprise for me too, I absolutely destroyed his story mode.

This game has spiked my interest in a couple of Final Fantasy's I've neglected over the years. Just started playing FF V and FF IX and am enjoying both so far (especially impressed with IX). I've owned both these games for years and never bothered with them.

mistuhcahlos said:
Been using Bartz and Cecil. I've been whooping all kinds of ass with Bartz, I'm really impressed with his move set so far. Zidane has been a big surprise for me too, I absolutely destroyed his story mode.

This game has spiked my interest in a couple of Final Fantasy's I've neglected over the years. Just started playing FF V and FF IX and am enjoying both so far (especially impressed with IX). I've owned both these games for years and never bothered with them.
Those are both awesome FFs, 9 is one of the most underrated games in the series.

favorites... hmm

O.K, Warrior of light, and Tidus really. Sort of feel like playing FFX but never really got into it.

Keith David is the voice of Chaos huh? Oh goosebumps! ;)

Top Bottom