• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

dakun

Glad for Rosberg that he made the jump to second. But he has to be better to hold on to that tomorrow.

Also Ferrari lol.. never stop disappointing.

Zeknurn

Seriously. I don't even care about the team who ends it. Just end it.

Be careful what you wish for, we might see it swing massively in Red Bull's favour and we'll be in the same situation as these last three years but with a different colour on the car.

Zaru

I remember somewhere, I think last season, where Rosberg was struggling and the theory was Hamilton's style was helping him turn the tires on while Rosberg was driving too smooth.

Well Lauda just said something along those lines - That Nico couldn't find the right car balance to get into the perfect operating window for the tyres (something all drivers have issues with this weekend, they need two warm-up laps in Qualifying)

Hasney

Eddie Jordan is saying there's a rumor going around the paddock about Rosberg having his engine tuned down for reliability, because he's not had the penalty race to get some engines in the bag like Hamilton did and try and get away from the risk of faliure.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Was Vettel always this shit? Was Webber just extraordinarily shit?

Aiii

So not worth it
Sky calling out Vettel for calling Alonso an idiot yesterday while blocking Lewis today was fun, our German lad did not enjoy that.

Yagami_Sama

Brazilian press are affirming that Nasr will drive for Force India next year, IF his sponsor pay the bill and off course they are treating this as a big deal, and the funniest thing is that, for other drivers which “needs” to pay to have a sit is sad. Also they started quite a conspiracy theory saying that Sauber is sabotaging Nasr, since last race they are telling that this is this reason why Ericsson is beating Nasr.

dubc35

Missed qualy and decided to see the results, about as expected. The race is on NBC tomorrow so I could watch it, however I'll probably be busy during that time. I've been pretty zzzzz on the season so far but I'm starting to get more excited as the WDC title race comes to the end (sans double points this time).

Saubers is going to be even worse next year on old engines and more cash strapped.

Giedo van der Garde will lead them to the promised land!

Fernando never struggled with Raikkonen though.

Vettel's problem is that if he's not enjoying himself, he just doesn't put any effort in. You can tell by his constant outbursts of late that he's having a shit time of it.

He's really not the guy you want in a shit car.

hamchan

Was Vettel always this shit? Was Webber just extraordinarily shit?

You should know the answer to this by seeing what happened to Alonso at Ferrari.

Alonso must be just gleeful seeing how badly Vettel is doing.

If it's one thing that makes everyone continually say Alonso is the best driver on the grid, it's his ability to maximize the position a shit car can achieve. Looks like Vettel doesn't have that same ability.

Fernando never struggled with Raikkonen though.

Well that had a lot of to do with the fact that 2014 Ferrari didn't fit the driving style of Kimi at all. Mind you this is not excuse to say that Kimi is as good driver as Alonso ( as one part of the drivers talent is modify your driving style depending how the car works) but this year doesn't automatically mean that Vettel is shit when he has equal speed to Kimi. Kimi still has the speed if he can get the car behave like he wants (like this year has proven).

Business

Well that had a lot of to do with the fact that 2014 Ferrari didn't fit the driving style of Kimi at all. Mind you this is not excuse to say that Kimi is as good driver as Alonso ( as one part of the drivers talent is modify your driving style depending how the car works) but this year doesn't automatically mean that Vettel is shit when he has equal speed to Kimi. Kimi still has the speed if he can get the car behave like he wants (like this year has proven).

I agree with your own counterargument and I didn't mean to say Vettel is shit (or Kimi). My reply was to say another former WC like Alonso didn't win at Ferrari but never struggled with anything but the car, so anything else is Vettel's problem. With this season in Ferrari (and also the one in RB with Ricciardo) Vettel is showing himself as a weaker driver in my opinion. I don't think he is shit or that he only has 4 titlew because of the RB and his team mate totally underperformed, but he should have showed more after Webber left.

DBT85

What are the changes in engine rules for next year?

No tokens, you can upgrade as much as you want basically. Though they are also going to start limiting some part weights and boost pressure.

The full FIA statement
COST
Agreement has been reached on a significant reduction in the price of power unit supply to customer teams and a reduction in cost to manufacturers over the coming years.

- In 2017 the power unit price for customer teams will be reduced by €1m per season compared to 2016.

- From 2018, the annual supply price will be reduced by a further €3m.

- Cost reduction on power units will be driven by changes to the Sporting and Technical regulations in 2017 and 2018, with a progressive reduction of the number of power unit elements per driver per season.

SUPPLY
Supply of power units to customer teams will be ensured, as the homologation procedure will include an “obligation to supply” that will be activated in the event of a team facing an absence of supply.

PERFORMANCE CONVERGENCE
The new agreement includes a package of measures aimed at achieving performance convergence.

- The token system is to be removed from 2017

- Additionally, constraints on power unit part weights, dimensions and materials, and on boost pressure will be introduced in 2017 and in 2018.

SOUND
Manufacturers are currently conducting a promising research programme into further improving the sound of the current power units, with the aim of implementation by 2018 at the latest.

Hasney

Alonso must be just gleeful seeing how badly Vettel is doing.

If it's one thing that makes everyone continually say Alonso is the best driver on the grid, it's his ability to maximize the position a shit car can achieve. Looks like Vettel doesn't have that same ability.

I don't think it's ability, I think it's just Seb honestly doesn't give a fuck anymore and that's been quicker than Alonso. That first year he was doing a similar thing of outperforming the car, but I guess after 4 championships, why would you give a shit if you're anywhere other than first?

DBT85

That your're being paid huge great wodges of cash?

There was never a question that Vettel was a great driver in a great car, 4 WDC proved that. What he had to prove was that in a poor car he can wrestle it round and outperform. He's not shown that yet in my opinion. Nando has.

ramparter

Banned
Nando cares to prove he is the best. Im impressed how much he enjoys getting to the 5th place with that car. Also Alonso has had many bad wasted years in F1, Vettel was handed everything so fast, he has to grow up now and realize he should take nothing as a given. Remember his last year at Redbull? I honestly dont think this was actual gap between his skills and Ric's. He just couldnt handle the struggles. On the other hand I understand him, he is in Ferrari, they have the sources, they have the people or had but fired them, thare are no excuses for this team. Another year like that and you can bet he wont be in Ferrari by 2018

Hasney

That your're being paid huge great wodges of cash?

There was never a question that Vettel was a great driver in a great car, 4 WDC proved that. What he had to prove was that in a poor car he can wrestle it round and outperform. He's not shown that yet in my opinion. Nando has.

He did that in a Toro Rosso and he probably doesn't have anything to prove to anyone. At the end of a career, some people care that people fight for them as the best while others look at stats and say it proves they're the best. Much like Schumacher, Vettel cares about the numbers.

Nando cares to prove he is the best. Im impressed how much he enjoys getting to the 5th place with that car. Also Alonso has had many bad wasted years in F1, Vettel was handed everything so fast, he has to grow up now and realize he should take nothing as a given. Remember his last year at Redbull? I honestly dont think this was actual gap between his skills and Ric's. He just couldnt handle the struggles. On the other hand I understand him, he is in Ferrari, they have the sources, they have the people or had but fired them, thare are no excuses for this team. Another year like that and you can bet he wont be in Ferrari by 2018

Yeah, Alonso at the end of his Ferrari years was a little like Vettel, it finally broke him. While the McLaren is shit, I think it must be much easier to be in a team that is at least making progress. Ferrari always seem to be the 2nd-4th best team at the start of the season and then manage to go backwards.

Top Bottom