• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

I though I heard shark-fins were compulsory this year?

I like the gold accents and the funky split intake. The black fin looks ok against a black backdrop but will look silly on the track, the blue one is good.

There is something Rothmans era Williams about the livery though.

mclem

Rough shop:

y6rM3se.jpg

Spun already, tsk.

ramparter

Banned
Red Bull were the ones begging for the changes for their own benefit. They're hardly going to come out and say it's going to make for crap racing, then the remaining 3% who still believe their claims might see through them.
They probably meant it will make easier for RB to pass other cars.

Yen

McLaren are absolutely trolling with the livery. It's gonna have a tiny bit of orange, inside of the usual red. Happy to be proven wrong.

I'm ambivalent towards the aesthetics of shark fins in general but if you're going to run one on your car, for the love of god, integrate it into your livery. That Sauber will look horrendous in daylight with that black slab following it around.

Zaru

I wonder if it's possible to make a transparent fin
There's gotta be some material out there that has the desired effect while being effectively invisible
Or put some nice decals on it too

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
There's gotta be some material out there that has the desired effect while being effectively invisible

They could try and make it reflective, giving an illusion of transparency.

imsa-daytona-january-testing-2017-10-wayne-taylor-racing-cadillac-dpi-ricky-taylor-jordan.jpg

DBT85

142632772236.jpg

Aluminium oxynitride or AlON really is a thing. Used for bullet proof glass.

Easily the best social media team for me.

I love them, too. Definitely the best. Sometimes other teams join the banter in a good way and I even followed Mercedes at some point, because they were pretty fun too. But outside the race weekends, they posted too much self-wankery PR stuff that spammed my time lime. I hated that.

DBT85

I love them, too. Definitely the best. Sometimes other teams join the banter in a good way and I even followed Mercedes at some point, because they were pretty fun too. But outside the race weekends, they posted too much self-wankery PR stuff that spammed my time lime. I hated that.

I did and felt literally exactly the same!

Zaru

I kind of underestimated Red Bull's performance in 2010 until I realized how many pole positions they had that year.

Ark

Not a huge fan of Verstappen's new helmet design. Missing the orange tbh. But at least it implies that Red Bull will be running a matte livery again :D

i thought we were done with the penis noses

I don't think it's fair to call them penis noses, when we literally had penis noses a couple of years ago.

3U0Y768.jpg

And yes, it's disappointing that they can't seem to get rid of the thumbs. I'm sure Ferrari got it as well.

DBT85

The most infuriating part about the penis noses is that someone would have suggested the rules that made that happen, teams would have gone away, looked at it, maybe even drawn some mockups of what we'd get. And it STILL HAPPENED.

NHale

Another car with a penis nose.... bigger than Williams and Sauber apparently. Seriously they can't make a regulation that forces the nose to have X width at the extremity?

So many statements about making new regulations to have better looking cars and still we have those shitty nose cones.

Top Bottom