• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken first hour of gameplay leaked

Running on PS5 and it seemed to be set to quality mode.

The graphics doesn't look too hot. The open world art style is not bad though. Crazy fancy magic particle effects is one big selling point but the footage was too early to show that.

The early combat and parkour remind me a lot of Infamous Second Son, not a bad thing.

The protagonist's voice acting is still cringy as fuck.

I think the game will be one that is fun but with serious flaws. Waiting for that $19.99 sale, it shouldn't be long.

The video naturally contains spoiler.

-------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: For anyone still wanting to check the video, try at bilibili.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1i...eb&vd_source=73ac8998f62809781b13b808ded4a3cb

Last edited:
id-buy-that-for-a-dollar-robocop.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I don't know what you try to express at all. The graphics doesn't look superb for console standard either.

In 720p with extreme compression? 😂

This video barely shows the open world. That's what uses resources, and ram.

Incidentally, the game requires a GTX 1060, not an RTX 3070.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Don’t bother. People are already on hate bandwagon. The games looks interesting. I prefer the flawed but unique engine use rather than another unreal.
Custom engines is something we never get anymore and it used to bring so much variety.

Yeah edited that 3070.

Who says only Image quality matters? In 720P video, you can still see lighting, level of details etc.. It does not look superb. Also, Imagine defending that 720P requires you to use 16GB ram on PC, and with that lol face.

Who says only open world uses resources? If they can't use extra hardware capabilities to ram up details in smaller linear set-pieces, it is still bad optimization.

Hestar69

was it on my end,or was the game stuttering alot when they were fighting? on teh fence about this game but I have enough psn credit to get this or hogwarts tho.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Dude, what's with all the stutters?

Another game releasing in a bad state...what is happening to gaming?

Last edited:

Fabieter

Yeah edited that 3070.

Who says only Image quality matters? In 720P video, you can still see lighting, level of details etc.. It does not look superb. Also, Imagine defending that 720P requires you to use 16GB ram on PC, and with that lol face.

Who says only open world uses resources? If they can't use extra hardware capabilities to ram up details in smaller linear set-pieces, it is still bad optimization.

No you can't see all the level of detail from the assets in lower resolution. If there are higher quality assets to beginn with of course.

Me thinks the ram requirements come from the speed of the gameplay. I remember witcher 3 patching the speed on a horse in cities because streaming assets went to shit.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
leaked footage. Maybe it's played on weaker system?
Or lacking a patch?
or crap.
There are few options :p
I was on the fence about this game, then the pc settings come out...and they are...worrying even for my PC. Now this and the absolute horrible marketing. All signs point to no.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah edited that 3070.

You think any modern AA+ game will ask for 8GB of System RAM??
Even games that in practice use ~6Gb of System RAM still ask for 16GB because we have to assume Windows is already eating 2GB alone, and now add any other tasks the user has running, and in a dual channel setup you arent gonna be making a 10GB system.
So logically the rec spec will be 16GB?

You really think you can see LOD and texture quality, hell even asset quality from compressed 720p footage?

The lighting in the game is also pretty damn good.

And the particle effects are some of the most hectic I have seen in a long time.
The hair is pretty weak but the actual character models and skin shaders are great.

Not gonna defend the "barren" overworld though.
I get why they are doing an overworld and why you cant actually heavily populate this overworld but im hoping there are other areas that look as dense as the initial teaser trailer.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I thought Frey was Latino, but she is actually black?
Oh according to Era this is some big ploy from Square to show how they hate black people.

No black people invited (to their knowledge) to preview events

White people (ugh the worst) writing the script.

The black character having troubles with the law and swearing a lot

They're claiming all this and the supposed lack of diversity of FF16 shows that Square are nothing but seething racists.

You think any modern AA+ game will ask for 8GB of System RAM??
Even games that in practice use ~6Gb of System RAM still ask for 16GB because we have to assume Windows is already eating 2GB alone, and now add any other tasks the user has running, and in a dual channel setup you arent gonna be making a 10GB system.
So logically the rec spec will be 16GB

The lighting in the game is also pretty damn good.

And the particle effects are some of the most hectic I have seen in a long time.
The hair is pretty weak but the actual character models and skin shaders are great.

Not gonna defend the "barren" overworld though.
I get why they are doing an overworld and why you cant actually heavily populate this overworld but im hoping there are other areas that look as dense as the initial teaser trailer.
Good points but the recommended specs is 24 GB, and you rarely do 24 GB neither right?

Particle effects are the one I am most excited for, as there aren't much heavy magic focused game, but I'd this footage was just too early to show the actual fancy ones.

Anyway I guess I am past for the spec discussion, it is not why I posted this thread either.

Of course ResetEra are currently all crying over how racist this game is because the protagonist who's black begins the game in court...

Snowflake Dont You Say That GIF
Aw man, I was hoping to see some more fun posts here before people started bringing up the exes in conversation.

The ex talk always ruins things. Oh well.

Oh according to Era this is some big ploy from Square to show how they hate black people.

No black people invited (to their knowledge) to preview events

White people (ugh the worst) writing the script.

The black character having troubles with the law and swearing a lot

They're claiming all this and the supposed lack of diversity of FF16 shows that Square are nothing but seething racists.
LMAO, I thought this one would make them happy as it touts the diversity and stuff they like. Grumpy folks always are able to find some angles to cry, lol.

Black_Stride

Good points but the recommended specs is 24 GB, and you rarely do 24 GB neither right?

Particle effects are the one I am most excited for, as there aren't much heavy magic focused game, but I'd this footage was just too early to show the actual fancy ones.

Anyway I guess I am past for the spec discussion, it is not why I posted this thread either.
24GB for 1440p...itll likely never actually get there either.

A1 + A2 = 2x4
B1 + B2 = 2x8
24GB.

10GB is literally impossible in dual channel DDR4 except with SO-DIMMs

Black_Stride

Which is a shame. It's the only new AAA square japan game since what? Kingdom hearts 1 20 years ago.
This is being done by Luminous Productions. (BD2)
Thus them using the Luminous Engine.

They made Final Fantasy XV in 2016.

Top Bottom