• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 2 delayed, release date in limbo

there goes my racing holiday, i knew it will come to this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/07/forza-2-delayed-release-date-in-limbo/

response from Microsoft, a delay in Forza 2's holiday release has manifested in that cruel place often referred to as "reality." Posting on the official Forza Motorsport forums, community manager Che Chou (username "chespace") revealed that the speedy sim sequel would overtake the 2006 holiday period and that the team would not "announce a new date until X06. Gotta do what you gotta do to get things right, y'know?"

Oh, we know. Given the game's relatively brief development time (the first Forza hit the Xbox last year), lofty goals and glut of prerendered promotional trailers, the news will likely disappoint more than it surprises. The few weeks leading up to Microsoft's X06 event are sure to be filled with speculation regarding the new release date -- we hear March 2007 is pretty popular these days. In the meantime, Microsoft expects you to gaze upon the latest screenshots, one of which features a rather exciting wall.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jonnyram said:
Will PGR4 come out before Forza 2? :)

oh god, i hope thats in the works...

i imagine it is in some form, though i think that a lot of the team is probably helping along the club. but what do i know

op_ivy

Jonnyram said:
Supposedly PGR4 will be announced at X06.

where did this come from? i seriously doubt it, but i'd sport some wood if true. please be true. i thirst for more racing games.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jonnyram said:

There's no way that's possible. NO WAY! MS won't (I repeat) won't announce a new PGR game while pushing back FORZA.

HokieJoe

I understand a delay if that's what's needed, but it seems like they'd have an edge over other developers given that their 1st party no?

Jonnyram

op_ivy said:
where did this come from? i seriously doubt it, but i'd sport some wood if true. please be true. i thirst for more racing games.
Famitsu rumour column. "A racing game released at the start of this year will have a sequel announced at an overseas game event at the end of the month." The only overseas game event at the end of September is X06, so it must be a 360 racing game, and PGR3 came out at the start of 2006 in Japan... so yeah, it all fits.

Speevy

Banned
I think MS said Forza and PGR will alternate.

PGR 2001
PGR2 2003
Forza 2005
PGR3 2005
Forza 2 2007
PGR4 late 2007? 2008?

HokieJoe

mckmas8808 said:
There's no way that's possible. NO WAY! MS won't (I repeat) won't announce a new PGR game while pushing back FORZA.

What if they announce it for late 2007 or early 2008 though?

mckmas8808 said:

They're going to do it in the same paragraph, I bet.

"The console is also committed to providing gamers with the best possible racing experience. In combination with our new wireless Force Feedback Wheel, I'm pleased to announce not only that Fortza Motorsport 2 (picture it in Peter's voice) will be available this March around the world, but that it will be joined by Project Gotham Racing 4, in March 2008."

Cue Trailer? I don't know that we'd be that lucky.

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
When the hell is X06 again?

I really wanted this game especially since I never played anything like it(never played through GT, PGR) But now that I got my license I'm a lot more interested in similation driving games. Guess I'll just pick up PGR3 since it's so cheap now

Tieno

Is there much improvement in PGR left, aside from graphics? Some people complained that PGR3 wasn't that much different from PGR2 on gameplay front, if I remember correctly. Haven't played it myself, so I wouldn't know.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What the **** is with delays. Is it the hawt new thing? Was there a gaming meeting I missed? Cause I didn't get the memo.

ant1532

Banned
ChrisAllenFiz said:
Straight after TGS
Ah, nice. What else is supposed to be shown there?

I really wanted this game though especially since I never played anything like it(never played through GT, PGR) But now that I got my license I'm a lot more interested in similation driving games. Guess I'll just pick up PGR3 since it's so cheap now

ant1532 said:

I really wanted this game though especially since I never played anything like it(never played through GT, PGR) But now that I got my license I'm a lot more interested in similation driving games. Guess I'll just pick up PGR3 since it's so cheap now

PGR3 is not really a simulation, but is a very good game. For pure simulation, get a copy of the original Forza. It runs on 360.

wasting

Banned
ant1532 said:

halo? maybe? hopefully?

Tieno

ant1532 said:
Gears, Mass, maybe Halo 3, Assassins Creed, maybe Fable 2, maybe Too Human, Crackdown, Viva Pinate, new Rare game?, Shadowrun, Bioshock?, Alan Wake (wasn't at E3), Kane & Lynch?, Project Offset? (they are/were looking for a 360 programmer)etc, etc...

Gek54

DopeyFish said:
i'd rather have forza and rallisport alternate :(

In a perfect world... :'(. Seems a major chunk of the RSC tallent is now behind Sega Rally Revolution.

op_ivy

Stinkles said:
When does Sega Rally come out and is it multiplatform?

it is multiplatform and i dont believe there is even a hint of a date at this point

Wulfer

Bearillusion said:
No you misunderstood. MS are aiming for a new console every other year.

Well, at least they launched and didn't tie the Blu-ray money pit to their system... Microsoft didn't have to sit around with their thumb up their ass waiting for a blue diode for a year that cost them too much time and precious money...

op_ivy said:
it is multiplatform and i dont believe there is even a hint of a date at this point

It's also probably far off given that Sega had it on the GC list of games they were shown and then didn't even show it there and didn't give any reason for why it didn't appear.

op_ivy

SolidSnakex said:
It's also probably far off given that Sega had it on the GC list of games they were shown and then didn't even show it there and didn't give any reason for why it didn't appear.

i'm hopefull it'll appear at TGS

snatches

Stinkles said:
When does Sega Rally come out and is it multiplatform?

why release it multiplatform? they could just pick one console and max out the system....

i thought you got the memo, multiplatform is bad for us gamers.

snatches said:
why release it multiplatform? they could just pick one console and max out the system....

i thought you got the memo, multiplatform is bad for us gamers.

Well its being designed on the PS3. So good times. :p

ccharla

HokieJoe said:
I understand a delay if that's what's needed, but it seems like they'd have an edge over other developers given that their 1st party no?

Why? I mean, they probably don't have any trouble getting dev kits, and have a good budget, but they still have all the standard production issues. First party games are probably more likely to get delayed: They have the luxury of delaying if they need to make sure the game is great, and the pressure of shipping a game that makes the system really stand out.

Personally, I'll take the same attiude I take to all delayed games -- I'd rather have it better than sooner. (Especially if that means there's more than one car per class which can compete successfully online.)

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Che said there would be a release date announced at X06 with a smile after it in the pics thread. It may not be all doom and gloom.

Top Bottom