• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

Info will be drawn out slowly over the next five months.
While you're completely right I'm used to trailers at least hinting at new features. The trailers here just seem to be "hey, look at how pretty this is! Look at me do the autovista door explosion thing on this bridge!"

Forza5_Thrustmaster_Wheel_Small.jpg

I have only been here at E3 for less than an hour and I already got some pretty big breaking news for you Forza fans. After visiting the Forza exhibit I noticed that the Microsoft team was using a new wheel from Thrustmaster to demo Forza Motorsport 5 rather than a Fanatec wheel. I spoke with a Thrustmaster representative who was on site. He informed me that Thrustmaster has a partnership with Microsoft and will be the official wheel for Xbox One at launch.

However he could not confirm or deny if Thrustmaster will be the next official Forza wheel. It seems though that may be the case since the Forza team is using it to demo Forza Motorsport 5. This could be bad news for those who own Fanatec wheels and were hoping their units would be compatible with Forza 5. Stay tuned for more info as it develops!

images

skyfinch

Dan mentioned in the IGN video how in FM4, there were different models for the car during, and before the race. Now the in game model are the high quality ones that are in the show room amd during the pre race / home space thingys. Probably not the forzavista ones though.

eso76

single player race demo only ?

and it seems demo doesn't have a replay mode at the end.
I am a sucker for replays :(

(like the crew members around the car before the race starts, and wtf at those loading times)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I made a couple of quick notes from the live stream with Dan:

Native 1080p 60fps
Cloud
Dedicated Servers for multi
Open-wheelers (more info on FM.net later today)
New physics engine that isn't in place yet
No auction house or storefront
No night-time
No weather

amar212

So... TwitchTV is over.

- best physics engine in the world but physics is the reason there is no wet tracks,
- best graphics engine ever made, but it can't handle night racing and real-time variable daytime changes,
- ..but hey, we got working daylights!
- ..and there are some guys, doing something, I don't know why but I will know soon about third-party wheel solution!

New thread for new news? Maybe?

What to say? Fifth consecutive game on third consecutive console and still asphalt-surfaces only, daylight and dry surfaces.

Yes, I am bitter. Tragicomedy, for real.

hobz360

It's probably because they can't properly do the physics right when it starts raining. Not sure about nights racing though, since they had that shit back in FM1. Still looking forward to FM5 though, the game looks beautiful!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Dan did say they have a new lighting engine which should make it easier for future titles... but I feel like he says that every time.

Shaneus

Native 1080p 60fps
Cloud
No night-time
No weather
Read about some of these points via derFeef on Twitter. I'm absolutely *stunned*. I had Horizon pegged as somewhat of a tech demo/POC for night racing in FM5. I am honestly, absolutely astounded. The tech is already there! In their engine!

Have a feeling GT6 is going to smoke this game, content-wise at least.

Edit: I just had a thought... didn't T10 initially deny there being an in-car view for FM3?

Genuinely disappointed at the lack of night racing, less so with weather. Deep down, I saw this coming; after all these years, and the endless fan requests, you'd figure night and weather would have been announced right at the outset if they were indeed in.

At least they didn't string us along for months, building up false hope with vague statements and cryptic non-answers.

amar212

Watch them unveil the McLaren F1 car tonight.

Could be, McLaren has somehow managed to get out of the Bernie's claws last year when they've announced partnership with Simraceway.

They're the only team besides Ferrari that managed to get their F1 cars out of the Concorde and FOM boundaries.

Mascot

So... TwitchTV is over.

- best physics engine in the world but physics is the reason there is no wet tracks,
- best graphics engine ever made, but it can't handle night racing and real-time variable daytime changes,
- ..but hey, we got working daylights!
- ..and there are some guys, doing something, I don't know why but I will know soon about third-party wheel solution!

New thread for new news? Maybe?

What to say? Fifth consecutive game on third consecutive console and still asphalt-surfaces only, daylight and dry surfaces.

Yes, I am bitter. Tragicomedy, for real.

I made a new thread as soon as GAF came back online. It's not pretty in there.

here

Watch them unveil the McLaren F1 car tonight.

While my interest in the game has definitely taken a hit with recent revelations, I'm not going to lie: if the selection of open-wheelers is decent, and the R18 e-tron is on the roster, and Spa is among the available tracks, fuck it, I'm back in.

Oh, and Porsche. Gotta have Porsche.

Klocker

shit

just preordered it with my Xbox One

still looks amazing but that is truly disappointing

I hope they at least have several times of day to choose for each location

eek5

Native 1080p 60fps
Cloud
No night-time
No weather

No AH or storefront? WTF.

Shaneus

Well, now we know why there's the lack of night driving... be damn hard in a 1976 McLaren F1 car ;)

Anyone want to rehost the pics? Blocked at work.

Top Bottom