• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

Xanadu

Banned
thanks for the bump :p

btw i just noticed fm.net isn't working correctly: having troubles reaching my photos and stuff...maybe the site redesign is coming ?

that was my goal, to create conversation, i dont know why people took it as trolling

All I see is RYSE in that misspelling. Wish this damn launch would just be here.

And all the controllers for Xbox One are wireless + wired. You just need a micro-USB cable I believe.

i want to know why the new controller is so much more expensive than the old one, it doesnt have many more features does it? just the rumble triggers as far as i know

i want to know why the new controller is so much more expensive than the old one, it doesnt have many more features does it? just the rumble triggers as far as i know

Improved D-pad, rumble triggers, less input lag (WiFi Direct related I believe), and cuz they can? Controller looks great, though.

Guys, Forza Horizon is being developed for Xbox One according to a Spanish page, sadly there is no source of the original quote:

http://www.3djuegos.com/noticia/135784/0/forza-horizon/xbox-one/playground-games/

Playground Games, los responsables de Forza Horizon, se encuentran trabajando en un nuevo Forza para la próxima generación de consolas, según se dicta en el perfil profesional de un artista del estudio.

El perfil profesional de Yibo Liu decía lo siguiente antes de ser modificado: "Me encuentro trabajando como único artista técnico en el equipo centrado en el arte de los vehículos para un proyecto sobre Forza dirigido a la próxima generación". Ahora en la descripción simplemente pone que se trata de un nuevo juego "para Xbox One".

Microsoft se ha pronunciado ante la noticia y ha afirmado que "no hacemos declaraciones sobre perfiles profesionales ni ningún tipo de especulaciones".

Forza Motorsport 5 se lanzará junto con la salida de Xbox One este mes de noviembre.

My translation:

Playground Games, developers of Forza Horizon, are working in a new Forza for the next generation of consoles, according to the professional profile of one of the studio artist.

The professional profile of Yibo Liu said this before it was edited "Im working as the only technisian artist in a team centered in the arto of the vehicles for a Forza project targeting at the next generation" . Now the description only shows that is a new game "for Xbox One"

Microsoft has commented the news by saying " we do not make comments about professional profiles or any kind of especulations"

Forza Motorsport 5 is going to be launched along with Xbox one in the month of November.

m23

Guys, Forza Horizon is being developed for Xbox One according to a Spanish page, sadly there is no source of the original quote:

http://www.3djuegos.com/noticia/135784/0/forza-horizon/xbox-one/playground-games/

My translation:

Playground Games, developers of Forza Horizon, are working in a new Forza for the next generation of consoles, according to the professional profile of one of the studio artist.

The professional profile of Yibo Liu said this before it was edited "Im working as the only technisian artist in a team centered in the arto of the vehicles for a Forza project targeting at the next generation" . Now the description only shows that is a new game "for Xbox One"

Microsoft has commented the news by saying " we do not make comments about professional profiles or any kind of especulations"

Forza Motorsport 5 is going to be launched along with Xbox one in the month of November.

It's pretty old news. There were 2 threads on it already which were based on someone's job experience working at Playground games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642639

derFeef

Hopefully they change their stance and add night mode and dynamics weathers when the game goes gold.

Not gonna happen, has nothing to do about their "stance" either.

Man, came here expecting new news.

Xbone does launch this year, right?

It's pretty slow news for either of the consoles, though MS pushes a bit with their PR. Gamescom is around the corner anyway so that's the reason I guess.

shandy706

Not gonna happen, has nothing to do about their "stance" either.

It's pretty slow news for either of the consoles, though MS pushes a bit with their PR. Gamescom is around the corner anyway so that's the reason I guess.

We may see more at Gamescom, but Turn 10 has ALWAYS been this way with the Forza series.

It took foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorever for Forza 4 news to start flowing. It only really picked up a few weeks before launch after the initial reveal.

I hate saying it's the norm, as it's KILLING me to not see even a little info on the game. A few cars, a single new feature, a new track.....anything...just one new thing a week would hold me over.

Some new info is long overdue, I don't want an entire blow out, leave some things to be discovered please but this is not a good way to hype and win over potential buyers.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Some new info is long overdue, I don't want an entire blow out, leave some things to be discovered please but this is not a good way to hype and win over potential buyers.

It is pretty much the same with all next-gen games so far.

There'll be plenty of news at Gamescom in two weeks, I'm sure.

p3tran

Banned
There'll be plenty of
Prague
at Gamescom in two weeks, I'm sure.
I'm sure there will be :)

I guess we will only have predetermined forza info at predetermined times. let them work on the game. it is proven by the delivery method that they are on a full schedule until release day
I expect a beefy update when game approaches gold. until then, only little bits and crumbs.

Seanspeed

Banned
We may see more at Gamescom, but Turn 10 has ALWAYS been this way with the Forza series.

It took foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorever for Forza 4 news to start flowing. It only really picked up a few weeks before launch after the initial reveal.

I hate saying it's the norm, as it's KILLING me to not see even a little info on the game. A few cars, a single new feature, a new track.....anything...just one new thing a week would hold me over.
They released a car a day for Forza 4 if I remember correctly. Was a a great way to keep interest over a longer period of time while still holding back plenty for release time.

Xanadu

Banned
They released a car a day for Forza 4 if I remember correctly. Was a a great way to keep interest over a longer period of time while still holding back plenty for release time.

maybe they wont do that this time as they are scared to reveal the final car count

saladine1

All signs pointed to more media being released by Turn 10 pretty much just after E3.
It seems however, that the MS 180 and pressure of being a launch game has got the better of them.
They bit the bullet and decided to hold everything back until Gamescom..

I have to say, they better have something 'mind-blowing' to show off at Gamescom.
The thing is though, with the absence of the big features, can they really show something that has the potential to send people in a frenzy?

nib95

Banned
I swear every new bump for this thread for weeks now has been void of any substantial or exciting info or news. Seriously Turn 10....hope at Gamescom you bring the goods. And not just prague over again either. New tracks, new cars, new deets, new modes, features etc.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hoping for a few tracks and new deets. car count in race?

oh, and open wheelers and (near) final physics please. lets see some F1

Racer1977

They'll no doubt have some link-up with the new Jams Hunt movie, which along with "Drivatars", sums up how superficial, and desperate to attract the "mainstream", they really are.

Despite all this, T10 do produce great games, and until GT6 hit's PS4 (which can do the game justice), Forza 5 will probably be the top driving game on next-gen.

amar212

Hopefully they change their stance and add night mode and dynamics weathers when the game goes gold.

They will not because they can not. Official answer.

Graphics engine does not allow for daytime changes, weather changes and night racing. Official answer.

Tyre model does not allow for variable surface grip calculations. Official answer.

Nice to have you back Xanadu, constructive criticism is something this series needs desperately right now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i dont agree with a lot of amars posts, but he offers constructive criticism with well thought out posts.

Edit: v v v perfect example. completely disagree

amar212

If nothing else he steers discussion at some level, which ia good.

All our postings here on NeoGaf (for both FM and GT series) are very enthusiastic and filled with overall constructive discussions which can't be easily found on other forums related to any of games.

In the same time, you can count around 100 people who are regularly involved in all racing related threads, so we are small community that has no influence nor true visibility, but discussions have quality even when they become a war.

So, even his way of dealing is welcomed, because it will prompt an answers which are either dismissing his claims or steer the answers in proper way.

It is one of the main reasons why I personaly find this whole Neogaf racing community very constructive and foundative, despite having very small footstep.

Seanspeed

Banned
He doesnt care about Forza, no matter what he says. He's only ever here to rile us up/bash. He's been banned several times for it and apparently still cant help himself.

Xanadu

Banned
He doesnt care about Forza, no matter what he says. He's only ever here to rile us up/bash. He's been banned several times for it and apparently still cant help himself.

i've only been banned once for something related to forza so thats wrong, and its weird how i own every game of something i dont care about isnt it. unlike most here i bought forza 1 the week it came out and have been a fan since, obviously you know i dont like the direction they have chosen to go but i get why they do it, i stay for the car selection and good gamepad gameplay, i get my fix with rfactor and gt5 where i can freely use my wheel. and if you think i'm such a troll why do you reply to every comment i make? i thought you blocked me anyway

Every time I see this thread on the front page I think there is some exciting news being reported. Why can't they at least release a few screens here and there?

Kinda strange just how quiet things have been.

Nice to have you back Xanadu, constructive criticism is something this series needs desperately right now.

HAHAHAHA!

Dude, amar, you're a decent poster and we obviously know your favorites but getting behind that pathetic troll is sad.

If nothing else he steers discussion at some level, which ia good.

All our postings here on NeoGaf (for both FM and GT series) are very enthusiastic and filled with overall constructive discussions which can't be easily found on other forums related to any of games.

In the same time, you can count around 100 people who are regularly involved in all racing related threads, so we are small community that has no influence nor true visibility, but discussions have quality even when they become a war.

So, even his way of dealing is welcomed, because it will prompt an answers which are either dismissing his claims or steer the answers in proper way.

It is one of the main reasons why I personaly find this whole Neogaf racing community very constructive and foundative, despite having very small footstep.

Absolutely nothing you've just typed could relate to his posts.

derFeef

Every time I see this thread on the front page I think there is some exciting news being reported. Why can't they at least release a few screens here and there?

Kinda strange just how quiet things have been.

I hope they hit us with some open wheel action at Gamescom, I really do. Honestly would have loved to see something like hat at E3 even, but what can you do - their marketing was always slow and painful.

i used to think forza central was bad, some of you guys verge on fordgtguy defensiveness

I don't see any bad defending on the last few posts.

Xanadu

Banned
I hope they hit us with some open wheel action at Gamescom, I really do. Honestly would have loved to see something like hat at E3 even, but what can you do - their marketing was always slow and painful.

I don't see any bad defending on the last few posts.

pretty much any comment i make is considered a troll post by you guys, if anyone else made them you wouldnt say anything. and every positive post i make gets ignored, weird!

watership

pretty much any comment i make is considered a troll post by you guys, if anyone made them you wouldnt say anything. and every positive post i make gets ignored, weird!

I have found some of your stuff a little trolly in the past, to be honest, but I've seen far worse on this board. If it makes you feel any better, I read each post individually and not make any prejudgements based on your history. That's for the mods to decide, not me.

derFeef

pretty much any comment i make is considered a troll post by you guys, if anyone else made them you wouldnt say anything. and every positive post i make gets ignored, weird!

You got to admit your first entry in this thread was not a good start, no?
And don't say "I was joking" as this is your number one answer.

Xanadu

Banned
I have found some of your stuff a little trolly in the past, to be honest, but I've seen far worse on this board. If it makes you feel any better, I read each post individually and not make any prejudgements based on your history. That's for the mods to decide, not me.

i know i am kind of a cynical guy but i dont get why it offends so many people here, isnt it obvious i am frustrated due to the series not living up to what i used to love so much about it. i dont think all hope is lost though i like a lot of whats been said about forza 5 despite the obvious disappointments

You got to admit your first entry in this thread was not a good start, no?
And don't say "I was joking" as this is your number one answer.

did the tongue face not give it away?

Top Bottom