• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

It clearly states Car Pack.. so the tracks for DLC will go separate.

I would say so, seeing as it's so specific. The Mcrosoft Legal dept took all possible hope/wriggle room out.lol

@ p3tran. Microsoft wouldn't dare tell you that. They would be too terrified of 'Greeks bearing gifts' lol

Keep calm! Full launch day content will be revealed in the coming days. Upcoming DLC, both announced and unannounced, will be revealed at a specific time, normally a week or two pre launch of that corresponding item.
Does that mean no word on the Nurburgring til December?

I was about to react to this post, but I couldn't remember for sure: weren't all the DLC cars from Forza 4 playable in quickplay? Buying them in career mode is sort of the point of the game, but I thought it was as simple as setting up a custom race to use them without having to go through that process.
I only really play the career mode, although I also spent some quality time in the rivals mode of Forza 4.

The two paywalls are there to provide them two opportunities to charge real world money for a car, one for the car DLC, and one for the tokens to cover the in-game currency cost. Its incredibly cynical.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was about to react to this post, but I couldn't remember for sure: weren't all the DLC cars from Forza 4 playable in quickplay? Buying them in career mode is sort of the point of the game, but I thought it was as simple as setting up a custom race to use them without having to go through that process.

Yeah, that's true I guess. Not too big of deal unless the car is super expensive.

Mascot

Keep calm! Full launch day content will be revealed in the coming days. Upcoming DLC, both announced and unannounced, will be revealed at a specific time, normally a week or two pre launch of that corresponding item.

Come on, BOGLID, throw us a frikkin' bone here.

Nordschleife: paywalled or free with the game? People are fearing the worst.

I think if the Ring isn't revealed in the full track list then we can only expect it to be paid for DLC in whatever month, they ain't going to 'give it away' at a later date and I think were kidding ourselves if we only hope.

Unless it's announced upon release that it's coming later, only then may they say it's free, if they don't then it's a paid for DLC.

January comes around, they stick it up on the marketplace and whilst the numbers they sell are ok, they are not enough to justify future Track DLC, hence we start the circle again :/

And T10 still end up wondering why track DLC doesn't sell when they give us a load of paid DLC cars that should be in the game day one anyways. It's not rocket science but it does make you wonder where they think their focus is.

nagge

To be honest, had it been Spa that was being DLC in january the whole discussion would have been another I think. I remember people back in FM4 craving Spa so badly. The fact that they now put Spa on the disc and Nordschleife as DLC is perfectly fine with me, I'm fed up with the old version of the ring and I would much rather have a month with Spa waiting for the ring than the other way around.

But that's just me, I don't mind paying for content if it's of quality, FM5 and maybe BF4 will be the only games I play for the foreseeable future, so another 50 odd euros doesn't really matter.

p3tran

Banned
To be honest, had it been Spa that was being DLC in january the whole discussion would have been another I think. I remember people back in FM4 craving Spa so badly. The fact that they now put Spa on the disc and Nordschleife as DLC is perfectly fine with me, I'm fed up with the old version of the ring and I would much rather have a month with Spa waiting for the ring than the other way around.

But that's just me, I don't mind paying for content if it's of quality, FM5 and maybe BF4 will be the only games I play for the foreseeable future, so another 50 odd euros doesn't really matter.
you've passed to acceptance phase way to soon my friend. this is not a race :p
a possible track pass on top of the car pass on top of the vip shit, day1 receivable payable content on ..console launch day, unannounced thingies in the corner, where do you think you are speeding to nagge? :)
even I had to stop and think "wtf?"
ok, the mix-up in the number of cars announcement, that had them 3x the price is done now. and thats good.
but dont you think that 50 euros, the price of a full game, should include a pass for all things that will hit the game the first six months?
doesnt matter if you can afford it. remember its video games, and maybe not everybody old-ass gamer or able to throw -not fifites but- hundreds around. ;)

Same here. I like the new tracks more than I like the Ring. Yeah, yeah, tar and feather me.

eso76

Im not too happy at the way t10 kept silent while Forza fans preordered that shi...not-particularly-well-designed piece of hardware to play their game, with no real idea about the amount of content in the game.
I sure hope T10 isn't betraying their fans' loyalty with glaring omissions in tracks and cars lists :p

p3tran

Banned
Here's a wild guess: Nurburgring won't be included in career mode.
:)
no, this is not correct. one of the very things that we learned about the game, is that now career is designed with "hooks", so practically they can "hang" whatever they like, anytime.
also, what we learned during the last weeks, about career being sets of mini-careers seems to comply with the same idea.

BADNED

Keep in mind buying cars individually will cost you of course the most. So if you are a car freak and plan to get them all then the Car Pass is the cheapest method, not counting sales which might or might not happen sometime in the future.

Xanadu

Banned
No, it isn't. It's like 85 cents a car.

if thats the price of buying cars individually its fine, but i dont want to be forced into getting 50 cars i dont want to get some i do

Keep in mind buying cars individually will cost you of course the most. So if you are a car freak and plan to get them all then the Car Pass is the cheapest method, not counting sales which might or might not happen sometime in the future.

and there you go

p3tran

Banned
The funniest part is that it's not actually that much money when you do the maths.
:)
forza 4 pass was 30$ - 60 cars. right?
what was written wrongly on the announcement today was like 50$ - 40 cars.
now those maths where really bad maths. (~3x the price)

now its fixed, but still the jump from 30$ to 50$ remains (60% up).
and also remains mystery about track dlc. is that a second pass? if yes is it 30ish or 50ish?
if 50ish, that would make the first 6 month cost of forza s/w: limited vip+car+track = 170e-ish?
and come forza 6, how much of that are we gonna be called to re-pay?

Overhaulin isn't on Discovery.
not on my discovery either. I guess each country watches its own discover shit..
so derFeef better get that pc dvr rolling! ;D

I want to play this game seaux bad. I've never played a forza game (besides once at a buddies house), but I've got this itch for a racer that nothing can scratch except this.

Amir0x

Banned
I want to play this game seaux bad. I've never played a forza game (besides once at a buddies house), but I've got this itch for a racer that nothing can scratch except this.

It's really great. It's not as good at being a pure sim as Gran Turismo, or certainly Project Cars, but it has its own barely-there niche that feels pretty good in its own right, and suits the purposes of the game just fine.

And since on Xbox One this is 1080p and knows its priorities with 60fps, there's much to like about this.

Just that DLC pricing is a bad form for Forza, they should change that. Gonna start to alienate fans again

p3tran

Banned
What's the going rate for car DLC in other recent games?

I'm asking by the way, have no idea myself.

I paid 50e on forza horizon pass, included 6 packs of cars (6 cars each, not 10) plus maybe some extra few cars, and the rally expansion.

I kind of expected that forza motorsport would provide better value than its spinoff on dlc, not worse.
unless of course what is been hinted about extra pass for tracks is bullshit.

It's really great. It's not as good at being a pure sim as Gran Turismo, or certainly Project Cars, but it has its own barely-there niche
hmm not.really.the.place.or.time.for.this..!

p3tran

Banned
If they are planning to charge for Nurburgring it has to be laser-scanned, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
if there is one thing that would not make sense, is t10 porting over the old, inaccurate version of the ring.
another thing that would not make sense, is t10 leaving out the most wanted, and most complained track for its inaccuracies, only to charge everyone two months later for a proper version of it, on top of a 50e pass.

now, if you replace 't10" with "ms", it all makes sense.

Xanadu

Banned
Now I'm curious: could you find me a driving game with less expensive DLC per car? Enough that it makes a difference to you.

i dont know because i dont care, i am comparing to 4, and compared to 4 its a bump

probably posted already but i just saw this

Forza Motorsport 5 VS Project Cars
Atom at Silverstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM57vIRIlVw

sounds forza wins easily (though cars sounds arent finalised). graphically its hard to tell as different times but i did notice forzas has no shadow under its front tire from cockpit view. also as ive said before forzas arms just dont turn enough degrees..its annoying

Amir0x

Banned
hmm not.really.the.place.or.time.for.this..!

I am simply putting the game in context, that fanboy war stuff is for someone else.

I think it's fantastic in its own form.

The GT myth lives on. Polyphony doesn't believe it though.

That's why GT6 aims to have a similar tire model to FM4.

Forza does some things better, GT does some things better. Overall, however, GT nails more things right more consistently. The effect is overall a better sim.

That said, to me it's a pointless war. I don't care if one is more pure sim or not, i just care if they're fun and require skill to get good at. They both do.

eso76

Oh, also noticed something a little disappointing for some reason i didn't pay attention to before

That's shinnn's video, laguna seca demo build

shinnn is not unbanned yet?

edit:
i see in his yt channel he got to test forza in brazil show :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5RuzhUJduc&hd=1

This is the recent SPA video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4llEFK82k

See anything ?
Ferrari interior completely gone in chase cam.

I wonder how many degrees of 'optimization' are there...

Top Bottom