• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Fredrik

Saab doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps it's a problem licensing the cars? I agree some saabs would be nice.
Could be, it's a loss for sure anyhow. Driving the old Volvo Amazon got me drooling for the Saab V4 too, driving and upgrading these oldies is superfun.

Momentary

Banned
Looking at the Fast and the Furious 1968 Dodge Charger... it seems the in game model is of a VERY lower quality from the photo mode model. Is this the case with all the cars. I'm going and checking right now.

Edit: Yeah it's like that with every car... Wow. Car models in game have a very low polygon count. Is there an Ultra setting for car models? Mine only goes to high.

tuna_love

Banned
Looking at the Fast and the Furious 1968 Dodge Charger... it seems the in game model is of a VERY lower quality from the photo mode model. Is this the case with all the cars. I'm going and checking right now.

Edit: Yeah it's like that with every car... Wow. Car models in game have a very low polygon count.
does your gsync work?

Momentary

Banned
Non-Photomode

36733944313_f8b9ca2c3c_k.jpg
37356788966_06a667491b_k.jpg

Photomode

Paint reflection missing in areas, low polygon count. The 68 Charger looks especially bad.

Cars in this game do not look good while in race mode. PCARS 2 has way more detialed car models during gameplay.

Is there a way to force high end car models?

GHG

Gold Member
Wayyyy behind on the thread, can someone tell me how dynamic the time of day and weather is? Can you chose any time to start in? Can you accelerate time? Is this on all tracks? Same questions regarding weather, though I already I know weather is only present where it makes sensr, or not dubai as an example

TOD is not manually selectable (so it doesn't look like there is a way to start the race at a precise time such as 3pm for example), nor can you dictate time progression speed manually from what I've seen. Night racing is not available on all tracks either.

The weather/night stuff is not available on a lot of tracks where it would make sense as well. Time progresses to night time on every race track in the world so I don't know what their excuse there is. Wet weather racing also happens on a lot of tracks that it's omitted from - did you see the recent Monza F1 Gran Prix? The whole "no two races will be the same" stuff looks to be marketing BS.

It's a series of prebaked scenarios for the tracks it's available on and it would have been a lot of work/testing (and data) for them to extend that across all tracks. I would much rather they were honest about that fact rather than coming in hot with the whole "everything is fully dynamic this time" bullshit.

Macaco84

First place is faster, sometimes second place too, rest is meh. Not faster as in "they drive well" but "that car shouldn't be going that fast but it is". They can have the same car as you do but it will accelerate faster, have a higher top speed, brake better, corner better.

EDIT: Only on dry, on wet it is a complete mess. Unbeatable on wet surfaces is insanely easy, a decent player will lap them multiple times, a good one won't even break a sweat.

It really baffles me how the developer messed this up. What kind of "unbeatable" ai can be lapped multiple times?

The dev must know there are a lot of good forza players in the world and the single player campaign will just be one big yawnfest for them.

I don't care how pretty their game is, they have lost a purchase from me until they sort their ai out.

hamchan

I had no idea about the VIP double credits now being consumables instead of permanent before I bought the ultimate edition. Fuck me, I really want a refund now. This is terrible.

xrnzaaas

Saab doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps it's a problem licensing the cars? I agree some saabs would be nice.

The game has a lot of cars from non-existing car manufacturers so it's definitely a licensing issue. Saab was bought by NEVS but the last news are that they have financial (and most likely legal) problems themselves and that they won't be using a Saab name on their new electric cars.

It's really a shame, we have classic Volvos in the game and adding Saabs would be awesome. :/

Momentary

Banned
Is everyone experiencing low quality car models like I stated above? Or is this a glitch?

Edit: Okay... Figured it out. Even though I set custom graphic options I still have to set Dynamic Render Quality to Ultra. Just in case anyone else experienced the same issue.

sam777

Anyone know how I make my Forza preload on the Xbox?
As it's 100gb I want it to download before Tuesday.

Currently it just says pre-ordered and it's a 100mb file.

Edit: Yeah it's like that with every car... Wow. Car models in game have a very low polygon count. Is there an Ultra setting for car models? Mine only goes to high.

There's a mildly confusing graphics option you'll need to set. On the first video options menu, the one with resolution, you'll need to set the very top option (something like Dynamic Render Quality) to Ultra, that way you'll get the full LOD cars.

EDIT: missed the reply

BigLee74

I love how people always pull out this shit based on one game.

And Forza Horizon 3, and just had to update drivers for a poorly performing UT4 that was fine until its latest patch, and a few of my games on Steam no longer work when they did the last time I played.

I'm sure things are better than they were, but you still get heaps of issues compared to console gaming. You gonna deny that, Mr Cranky?

Makikou

Hmm, the 308 GTi might have been a wrong choice for the hot hatch cup. Driving on Pro and getting my ass kicked. Atleast the AI pace has improved!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If I install this now on my Xbox, when I get my X in November, will it be smart enough just to download the 4K patch or will I have to totally re-install?

I know its probably guess work at this point, I just dont know whether to hold off and just install it when I get my XB1X.

Klocker

If I install this now on my Xbox, when I get my X in November, will it be smart enough just to download the 4K patch or will I have to totally re-install?

I know its probably guess work at this point, I just dont know whether to hold off and just install it when I get my XB1X.

it's smart enough. MS has designed the system to do just that

I should add that I did this and it worked fine. But just before the early release my Xbox was once again saying it was just 100MB. It wasn't, and the full game unlocked fine.

-------

I think I'll have to give up on the PC version for now. The loading problems are getting worse. Sometimes it just won't load the next track or take many minutes.

Not having that problem on Xbox.

Fredrik

And Forza Horizon 3, and just had to update drivers for a poorly performing UT4 that was fine until its latest patch, and a few of my games on Steam no longer work when they did the last time I played.

I'm sure things are better than they were, but you still get heaps of issues compared to console gaming. You gonna deny that, Mr Cranky?
Wasn't Destiny 2 having some issues on PS4? And PS4 Pro had some kind of silicone lottery going where some consoles were super loud and some whisper silent. I don't think it's much different to be honest, I hear the talk about how much tinkering there is on PC all the time but in my 4 years as a PC gamer I have just started the games and played them just like on console. Maybe I'm lucky, who knows, I've been playing FM7 on XB1 and PC on and off for a day now, using Play Anywhere, no heaps of issues anywhere, for me it just works. *shrugs*

Poppyseed

Where the hell is time trials? I want to just race against myself, and see my best times before I start the race, and have my ghost on the track when I start the race.

Any ideas??

Anyone else finding the homologation annoying?
Kinda, but I'm dealing with it because I know that once the campaign is done, my real enjoyment is with free play. That's where 90% of my time was spent with Forza 6 and that didn't have anywhere near as much configurability with free play at this game does.

BigLee74

Wasn't Destiny 2 having some issues on PS4? And PS4 Pro had some kind of silicone lottery going where some consoles were super loud and some whisper silent. I don't think it's much different to be honest, I hear the talk about how much tinkering there is on PC all the time but in my 4 years as a PC gamer I have just started the games and played them just like on console. Maybe I'm lucky, who knows, I've been playing FM7 on XB1 and PC on and off for a day now, using Play Anywhere, no heaps of issues anywhere, for me it just works. *shrugs*

Well, in all my years of owning consoles (currently X1), I've never had to worry about updating drivers and games, and worry about updated drivers breaking other games. I let MS worry about that, and I start the game knowing how it runs is how it runs for everybody. I still have a PC, just prefer console gaming these days.

Anyway, lets not derail. I'll be buying Forza 7 when I get my Scorpio Edition X1X, and I can't wait.

deadfolk

Anyone have any tips for actually downloading this damn thing on Windows?

I just keep getting errors and it restarts from scratch each time. I know lots of people are having this issue. Any fixes?

Echoes

When I go into the options, the 'Video' option is grayed out. Pretty weird. I can see that the black levels need adjusting and I don't want to change the calibrated settings on my TV, but I can't seem to find a way to adjust anything in-game.

Fredrik

I still have a PC, just prefer console gaming these days.

Anyway, lets not derail. I'll be buying Forza 7 when I get my Scorpio Edition X1X, and I can't wait.
Can't disagree with you there, it's great to use both to have an alternative if needed imo, while FM7 is awesome on my triple screen PC I still can't wait to see what it'll look like on the Xbox One X at 4K. With FM7 you really can't go wrong wherever you play it, even the XB1 version is absolutely fantastic.

I think I can confirm that particle effects look better on dynamic than the highest setting. Haven't got any comparison shots, but it seems like watersprays look a lot less like 2D textures now.

danowat

Banned
OK, so you have to setup a free play race event, let it load, then test drive/hot lap from there.

Because that's intuitive.

Anyone have any tips for actually downloading this damn thing on Windows?

I just keep getting errors and it restarts from scratch each time. I know lots of people are having this issue. Any fixes?

Make sure you're on the latest version of Windows, start the download and don't touch anything. Don't pause it. Don't let the PC sleep. Worked for me.

Neo 007

The reflections on the windscreen of hands and wheel I'm finding a bit much,to the point of not being able to see the road very well.

Yes,It's down right annoying.

MaLDo

I download the demo without issues but this is my fourth try with the complete game and has ended with an error again. After ~50 GB gives the error. DISGUSTING.

Microsoft, give yourself a fuckin 'time and fix your shit.

Mmmmm, I'm downloading the app to a disk with 1 TB free space but I have only 59 GB of free space in my windows main disk. Maybe is it the problem?

klier

Just got the elite version with all the DLC. Best racing game I've played so far (which include all the Forzas and all the GTs and PCars)

Dumb question but what's the trophy counter for at the top of the screen when viewing a championship? For example I just finished the first series in the first championship so now I am 1000/2500. What's the 2500 for?

Top Bottom