• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

danowat

Banned
Dumb question but what's the trophy counter for at the top of the screen when viewing a championship? For example I just finished the first series in the first championship so now I am 1000/2500. What's the 2500 for?
How much you need to unlock the next series
I wonder what the production run for cars bought at the speciality dealer mean:
How many people have brought it, I'd imagine that will be important when the auction house opens.

Some people may hate this line of thinking but I wish I could just pay another 5 and play this now, after all the shit getting this installed I just want to get started playing.

MaLDo

Non-Photomode

Photomode

Paint reflection missing in areas, low polygon count. The 68 Charger looks especially bad.

Cars in this game do not look good while in race mode. PCARS 2 has way more detialed car models during gameplay.

Is there a way to force high end car models?

forza7oqkek.gif

membran

The weather / time of day selection stuff is an absolute mess. Nighttime and if applicable, day-to-night or night-to-day transitions are strictly bound to specific track layouts. And the rain settings always requires a full track reload (and the loading time is not shortened) if you change a setting and want to check out how the starting conditions feel.

And I think they didn't make all the weather options available in free race. For example, there was this beautiful weather setting in one of the career races (first race of "Spooner cup", I think-- the one where you can choose any car class), Hockheimring Full Circuit, track was already wet at the start but it wasn't raining yet, time of day appeared to be morning with a rising, bright orange sun breaking through the morning mist and reflecting on the wet track. So basically, it was "early morning just after it had rained, with light fog".

I just can't replicate this exact setting in free race at Hockenheim (I chose the same track and layout from the career race). This fails right off the bat with not being able to select a wet track condition without it raining and there's no option to select time of day (e.g. morning/midday/afternoon). There's a whole lot of weather starting conditions, but the overcast / cloudy ones have a dry track, the rainy ones have no mist, and none of them have a rising sun breaking through mist.

So either this isn't possible to set up or I'm blind. But then again, the UI is a mess.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Is there an option for rain or ‘weather’ tires? All I see is race and drag..

Also yes the in-game car models are lacking, I really hope they look way better on One X.

Qassim

Wow.

First game I've seen since I got my Gsync monitor a few months ago that has any issues with Gsync.

It seems to be less the game and more a decision by NVIDIA, may have been a mistake - but the profile NVIDIA released for this game in the latest drivers has G-Sync set to 'Force off'. I just upgraded to the latest drivers and used NVIDIA inspector to enable G-Sync for this game as suggested by tuna_love.

It seems to work fine so far, so I'm not sure why it has been disabled by NVIDIA (unless by the suggestion of Turn10).

GHG

Gold Member
Is there an option for rain or ‘weather’ tires? All I see is race and drag..

Also yes the in-game car models are lacking, I really hope they look way better on One X.

No they magically auto switch mid rave whenever it rains :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So weather adjusts depending on how much of a race YOU have completed. I put a 4 lap race on but decided to not race and let the A.I go around. The weather didn't change while I was immobile until 15 minutes later when I went for lap 2.

Is weather available online races? Wondered how it will work, will it sync to the person in 1st or dependant on where everyone is on the track/lap.

ToD and weather options are extremely limited.

Yeah shame we cant even do that.

Lego Boss

Can l just say how much fun l am having with this. It really is a joy to go spanking around Hockenheim in the dawn in a beasted MX5 against a host of other cars of similar power, but all with different characteristics.

I think this is more fun than FH3 (which l felt was a bit stretched by trying to do too much). The focus here really helps with how the cars behave in different conditions.

Also: if you want an easy way to score perfect on some mods (such as turns), do the test drive. The mod still applies.

LoveCake

Some people may hate this line of thinking but I wish I could just pay another 5 and play this now, after all the shit getting this installed I just want to get started playing.

Don't worry about it, they may have fixed some of the issues with the game before you get your copy.

I am not liking this at all so far, it's worse than Forza 5 and I consider that the worst of the series, it's not far off Gran Turismo 5 imo which I hated.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how is the performance here? looking for highsettings & locked 60 @ 1080p with an i7 & 1070 - feasible?

Momentary

Banned

The issue I had was with the game still rendering the model at low quality was because even though I was forcing the game to use high settings, I still had to set Dynamic option to ultra. It doesn't make sense to me because I already customised it, but yeah. At least it works now.

zorbsie

Encountered a strange "feature" yesterday. Was in party chat with buddies and we went to multiplayer. The game automatically switched us to game chat. We had to manually go back to party chat. And there was no pop up to say it was doing it. Just all of a sudden we listening to a bunch of strangers mid conversation.

I don't think I've bought a car yet. I've put all my winnings into loot boxes. I might have a problem. Since we're sharing images here are a few:

forzamotorsport78o5sa1.png

forzamotorsport73vlszt.png

cooldawn

The weather / time of day selection stuff is an absolute mess. Nighttime and if applicable, day-to-night or night-to-day transitions are strictly bound to specific track layouts. And the rain settings always requires a full track reload (and the loading time is not shortened) if you change a setting and want to check out how the starting conditions feel.

And I think they didn't make all the weather options available in free race. For example, there was this beautiful weather setting in one of the career races (first race of "Spooner cup", I think-- the one where you can choose any car class), Hockheimring Full Circuit, track was already wet at the start but it wasn't raining yet, time of day appeared to be morning with a rising, bright orange sun breaking through the morning mist and reflecting on the wet track. So basically, it was "early morning just after it had rained, with light fog".

I just can't replicate this exact setting in free race at Hockenheim (I chose the same track and layout from the career race). This fails right off the bat with not being able to select a wet track condition without it raining and there's no option to select time of day (e.g. morning/midday/afternoon). There's a whole lot of weather starting conditions, but the overcast / cloudy ones have a dry track, the rainy ones have no mist, and none of them have a rising sun breaking through mist.

So either this isn't possible to set up or I'm blind. But then again, the UI is a mess.

So weather adjusts depending on how much of a race YOU have completed. I put a 4 lap race on but decided to not race and let the A.I go around. The weather didn't change while I was immobile until 15 minutes later when I went for lap 2.
Is weather available online races? Wondered how it will work, will it sync to the person in 1st or dependant on where everyone is on the track/lap.

Yeah shame we cant even do that.
The weather/time of day doesn't seem to be dynamic at all. If it was you'd be able to define conditions yourself.

Pre-sets change when players are active. It's not the only game to do this. I've noticed it in other racing games and open-world games too. I don't recall Turn 10 saying it's completely dynamic anyway, even if they do say time and weather changes during a race.

Space_nut

The weather/time of day doesn't seem to be dynamic at all. If it was you'd be able to define conditions yourself.

Pre-sets change when players are active. It's not the only game to do this. I've noticed it in other racing games and open-world games too. I don't recall Turn 10 saying it's completely dynamic anyway, even if they do say time and weather changes during a race.

Being able to mess with weather settings freely doesn't dictate a dynamic weather system. There could be a number of reasons the settings aren't fully available to players. But having the environment change in different weather conditions and having day to night/night to day is a dynamic system. Forza 6 is prebaked as in no changing at all so less gpu/CPU load to handle

eso76

I seem to get the higher quality models in gameplay (see engine detail):

You're racing alone here now though.
Forzas since 4 have been using the highest quality models when you're the only car on the track.
Do you get the same model with a full grid ?

DasRaven

Debating regular vs deluxe digital. Any thoughts?

Standard.

Deluxe adds the 10 Fate of the Furious vehicles which give you an early boost to your collection level, but that's about it. And you can always pick that up later, possibly on sale.

VIP is a consumable mod now (double CR for 25 races), so that really shouldn't sway you either way

I bought the Ultimate edition for a decent price, but at this point, I would've waited for a sale.

Qassim

You're racing alone here now though.
Forzas since 4 have been using the highest quality models when you're the only car on the track.
Do you get the same model with a full grid ?

Ah, I didn't realise. I'll try again in a minute with a full track.

MaLDo

It's been established that the "game" screenshot is with the car models set to low by a dynamic setting. Seems a bit misrepresentative to use that label...

The issue I had was with the game still rendering the model at low quality was because even though I was forcing the game to use high settings, I still had to set Dynamic option to ultra. It doesn't make sense to me because I already customised it, but yeah. At least it works now.

Fantastic!

Fox Mulder

Don't worry about it, they may have fixed some of the issues with the game before you get your copy.

I am not liking this at all so far, it's worse than Forza 5 and I consider that the worst of the series, it's not far off Gran Turismo 5 imo which I hated.

I've already cancelled my preorder.

Sebmugi

I seem to get the higher quality models in gameplay (see engine detail):
forza_motorsport_7_205wsla.jpg

it would be good to specify on which machine runs the PC game (and level) or Xone or the number of other cars on the track ..

but anyway on console it is no surprise that there are several 3D models for the game and the photo mode .. it is interesting to know if this also happens in time attack with a single car on track ^^

my copy installs on the one .. it's long to do the update :p

Qassim

This is PC, which I assumed we were talking about as Rayge wondered if there was a way to force the higher quality model (something I'd expect someone to only ask about the PC version) but that could have been a wrong assumption.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
TOD is not manually selectable (so it doesn't look like there is a way to start the race at a precise time such as 3pm for example), nor can you dictate time progression speed manually from what I've seen. Night racing is not available on all tracks either.

The weather/night stuff is not available on a lot of tracks where it would make sense as well. Time progresses to night time on every race track in the world so I don't know what their excuse there is. Wet weather racing also happens on a lot of tracks that it's omitted from - did you see the recent Monza F1 Gran Prix? The whole "no two races will be the same" stuff looks to be marketing BS.

It's a series of prebaked scenarios for the tracks it's available on and it would have been a lot of work/testing (and data) for them to extend that across all tracks. I would much rather they were honest about that fact rather than coming in hot with the whole "everything is fully dynamic this time" bullshit.

Thank you, and agreed. From the beginning it seemed clear something was up. Oh well, better than nothing at least.

spuckthew

Can't you just override the dynamic settings on PC and not worry about crappy graphics? I have all of my settings manually adjusted so I'll be annoyed if doing that only acts as a sort of "preferred quality target" - I want ultra settings at all times god damn!

Sebmugi

there can be so much difference rendering on pc depending on the hardware configuration .. I checked on console what it gives ..

Qassim

there can be so much difference rendering on pc depending on the hardware configuration .. I checked on console what it gives ..

I don't think there should be any difference in the quality of a static image if you have the game running at the exact same settings just because they're running on different hardware?

e.g. 'Car Model Quality' set to 'High' should be the same whether you're running on a GTX 1080Ti or a GTX 960 in terms of visuals alone.

Great.
From the demo it looked like the LOD0 model were not available at all in-game.
Now I wonder if this applies to AI cars as well...

AI is a max of LOD1. I'd love for there to be a "max AI LOD because fuck VRAM" option but I doubt they'll add it.

Qassim

AI is a max of LOD1. I'd love for there to be a "max AI LOD because fuck VRAM" option but I doubt they'll add it.

Yeah, I have a load of headroom in this game on a 1080Ti @ 1440p, max settings (between 150-200% render resolution at 4x MSAA or 8x MSAA) I'm often around 90-120fps.

I'd rather stick to 150% render resolution @ 1440p, 8x MSAA and have more quality details, the image quality is good enough for me at these quality settings, I have another 5GB spare of VRAM - fill it up!

Top Bottom