• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Demo was huge fun and my preorder and half price VIP is all paid off and downloaded.

My only concern is the off-road. In the demo I found it tricky to use the cockpit view when crashing through vineyards etc - I just couldn't see where I was going. That's a lot of fun in free roam because I don't give a shit, but in races it was just getting in the way and made spotting the next checkpoint difficult - especially when going through a checkpoint and then trying to spot the next because you only get one at a time (another pet peeve which affects your ability to plan your course, leaving you more reactive than I'd like)

Then again I'm going to enjoy just wandering the map looking for billboards and speed traps etc. I generally hate pointless collectables in open world games, but I enjoyed them in FH and NFS:MW

Demo was huge fun and my preorder and half price VIP is all paid off and downloaded.

My only concern is the off-road. In the demo I found it tricky to use the cockpit view when crashing through vineyards etc - I just couldn't see where I was going. That's a lot of fun in free roam because I don't give a shit, but in races it was just getting in the way and made spotting the next checkpoint difficult - especially when going through a checkpoint and then trying to spot the next because you only get one at a time (another pet peeve which affects your ability to plan your course, leaving you more reactive than I'd like)

Then again I'm going to enjoy just wandering the map looking for billboards and speed traps etc. I generally hate pointless collectables in open world games, but I enjoyed them in FH and NFS:MW

I noticed this as well, but whether by intuition (unlikely) or sheer luck (likely), I managed to see each checkpoint in time to head in its direction. Also managed to avoid any major obstacles for the most part, I actually found the obscured vision to be part of the insane fun of it all. But I could definitely see it getting frustrating at times.

Kampfheld

Banned
It begins.

Eurogamer Italy

9/10

Playground Games and Microsoft come back to Forza Horizon to offer a new, greatly achieved episode of the Forza Motorsport spin-off. Exploration in France and Italy, variable weather conditions and night & day cycle are spectacular views you should not miss in this new Xbox killer application.

So happy for the folks at Playground and Turn 10 :)

Has this been posted:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...or-Xbox-One/productID.308245400?VID=308246300

Rule the open road

From the breezy back country to the frenzied mean streets, Forza Horizon 2 gets you behind the wheel for an open-world racing adventure like no other. Challenge your friends or go solo as you tear it up on the roads of southern Europe, plow through fields and forests in California, or smash down fences on the dirt trails in Australia. Your road, your rules.

Yeah, see the posts on the previous page. Seems like some dumb store content editor just did a lazy Wiki search of the game and grabbed the wrong info:

Huh, interesting.

From the Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Horizon_2

When choosing the locale for Forza Horizon 2, the developers investigated over 30 locations around the world, including California and Australia, ultimately choosing Southern Europe.[5] Creative director Ralph Fulton cited Europe's "fantastic driving roads, amazing environmental diversity, and just stunning vistas that you really want to explore" as some of the major points in selecting it for Horizon 2.[5] Fulton also noted that most of the recent open-world driving games were set in North America and that Southern Europe "just felt fresh, it felt different, it felt new, and it was a gimme for us".

So whatever intern they told to put up the description on the MS store just went to Wikipedia and misread it.

Aha, you must have posted those within a minute of each other :p

Strata made a very impotent enemy today.

Watch you back, bruh. Or don't. I'll have forgotten about it as soon as I get on the tube and begin to fight for just a small space to stand....

Nah, seriously. I'm coming for you.

strata8

Strata made a very impotent enemy today.

Watch you back, bruh. Or don't. I'll have forgotten about it as soon as I get on the tube and begin to fight for just a small space to stand....

Nah, seriously. I'm coming for you.

I guess that means you won't be 'coming' for me anytime soon.

Hey, don't make fun of my lack of vigour.

I guess that means you won't be 'coming' for me anytime soon.

wz3MJ9Q.gif

Blimblim

The Inside Track

FordGTGuy

Banned
Polygon fumbled this review.. 4 hours of playtime, complained that a open world game doesn't have the track design of real world tracks and said the game isn't hard enough.

Review stinks of a non-racing game fan reviewing a racing game. They literally gave Forza Horizon 2 a 7 because it isn't Forza Motorsport. :/

You don't review a game for what it isn't but for what it is.

ekim

Polygon fumbled this review.. 4 hours of playtime, complained that a open world game doesn't have the track design of real world tracks and said the game isn't hard enough.

Review stinks of a non-racing game fan reviewing a racing game. They literally gave Forza Horizon 2 a 7 because it isn't Forza Motorsport. :/

Wut?

RawNuts

I don't think he isn't a racing game fan, I just think he is more of a sim racer fan; he is the same reviewer that gave Forza 5 a 9/10.

Where are you getting four hours from ?

p3tran

Banned
I don't think he isn't a racing game fan, I just think he is more of a sim racer fan; he is the same reviewer that gave Forza 5 a 9/10.

I'm a forza motorsport fan, and still horizon is far from a six or a seven.

also, you have to look at things in comparison.
the same polygon that gave horizon 1 a 6 and horizon 2 a 7, has given nfs rivals an 8.5.

I'd say that horizon -by this outlet standards in grades- should at least reflect what it is: something between forza motorsport and need for speed.
that -in polygon marks- should be between 9 and 8.5

FordGTGuy

Banned

So am I but that doesn't mean I expect a open-world game to have the track design of a track racer with real-world tracks like Forza Motorsport.

I'm a fan of both. I think Polygon is marking Horizon 2 for something that isn't relevant. But hey - he's completely entitled to his opinion. I got death threats in my old job for my review of GT5.

RawNuts

I'm a forza motorsport fan, and still horizon is far from a six or a seven.
You probably also don't draw numbers out of a hat to use as game review verdicts like Polygon does. For shame.

Seriously though, I've seen people who really enjoy Motorsport and tend to shit on Horizon. I really like both; but to each his own, I figure.

I got death threats in my old job for my review of GT5.
God damn!

You probably also don't draw numbers out of a hat to use as game review verdicts like Polygon does. For shame.

Seriously though, I've seen people who really enjoy Motorsport and tend to shit on Horizon. I really like both; but to each his own, I figure.

God damn!

Threats of violence against my children too. I didn't believe my family was really under threat - it was just spineless pale white boys shitting out rage online, but it was still depressing.

That was when my heart went out of that job. Was another year or two before it ended, but you wonder what the hell the point is when faced with crap like that.

I suggested in my review that the game (GT5) felt unfinished and had frame rate issues, that since 4 the franchise I had loved was struggling because it had backed itself into a corner in terms of graphics - and the result was trying to do too much at the same time. I believe I was right.

saladine1

Threats of violence against my children too. I didn't believe my family was really under threat - it was just spineless pale white boys shitting out rage online, but it was still depressing.

That was when my heart went out of that job. Was another year or two before it ended, but you wonder what the hell the point is when faced with crap like that.

I suggested in my review that the game (GT5) felt unfinished and had frame rate issues, that since 4 the franchise I had loved was struggling because it had backed itself into a corner in terms of graphics - and the result was trying to do too much at the same time. I believe I was right.

Wow!
Death threats over GT5??1/
Unbelievable.

T.O.P

Banned
Aren't you in Italy, TOP?

Just go drive around. :)

I also happen to drive this lol

Bough it 3 years ago, still not a single chance to give it a go on a race track (or a field)

so sad :(

Game made me think of going for a Niece/North Italy tour when i'll have some free time on my hands, H2 makes it feel like a really beautiful place to cruise around

Pug

Seriously Polygon's opinion of the game, is just that opinion. I can't figure why people get so worked up about reviews.

Over the years the publication that seem to resonate with my views the most is EDGE, that not to say I would buy a game they rate lower, I would and have.

I never really read Polygon, so their reviews are pretty much meaningless to me.

Top Bottom