• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 couple of screens of the PC graphics settings

gossi

Publicity shot, but 4K PC.

uluhrwX.jpg

Theorry

Gamersyde has PC vids.

We have finally been able to download and play the PC version of Forza Horizon 3, and here is the result of our session with the game running on ultra settings at 4K (thanks to Nvidia's DSR). It is important to stress that the following commented video was recorded this morning, and that the latest Nvidia drivers were not available. The warning message from the game saying that our PC was not up-to-date might explain the slowdowns we have seen at 1080p. In the following video, you'll also see a few drops, but it's not too bad considering the resolution. Pop-in remains a bit of an issue too on PC, especially in the forest, as shown in the last part of our footage. We doubt 4k will run at a steady 60 fps frame-rate after installing the drivers, but they should definitely help improve the overall experience. Enjoy the video!

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_horizon_3_on_pc_dsr4k_60fps-18406_en.html

Also a YT link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0neqnLDnsWM

Akoi

Feeling better about the PC version now, good to see, expecting good things from this and Gears 4 on pc.

vg260

How processor-limited do people expect this to be? I have an i5-3750k (currently at stock speeds) and am hoping that won't be a huge bottleneck at 1080p.

How processor-limited do people expect this to be? I have an i5-3750k (currently at stock speeds) and am hoping that won't be a huge bottleneck at 1080p.

this is kinda where I'm at also. I have i5-2400, which is technically under minspec, but in Apex I get 1080/60 on my system (rx480 card). Makes me think I should be fine to hit those, especially with how well Apex runs

Xyber

You most likely won't be bottlenecked at all, especially not at only 60fps. Your CPU is already way ahead of the X1 and for 1080p60 the GPU will be the limiting factor.

vg260

this is kinda where I'm at also. I have i5-2400, which is technically under minspec, but in Apex I get 1080/60 on my system (rx480 card). Makes me think I should be fine to hit those, especially with how well Apex runs

Yeah, I'm just wondering how the open-world-ish aspect affects it.

Maybe because it's a racer it's not a CPU-limited as something like GTAV with all the activity going on it's not too bad. It does have al those drivatars, so I don't know.

You most likely won't be bottlenecked at all, especially not at only 60fps. Your CPU is already way ahead of the X1 and for 1080p60 the GPU will be the limiting factor.

That's what I'm hoping, but wasn't sure about PC overhead. If I can just get Xbox-One level IQ at 60 fps, I'll be happy.

This is going to be amazing! I can't wait to play Forza Horizon 3 at 60 fps!

Aliasing is pretty bad, you basically have to use MSAA or downsampling.

I guess you can't use SMAA injectors on UWP games.

Hmm, did you have any of the dynamic settings on?

Not if the game was optimized for 6 cores.

The CPU will be fine, the multi-threaded performance of those 4 cores are quite potent.

Guymelef

I have a 3570k 8GB and a 7970.
Just hope I can run this at 1080p with nice settings,

ekim

The recommend CPU posted earlier here is i7 3820. That's a 4-core, so I assume that's not an issue, unless I'm missing something.

4 Cores and 2 threads for each core --> 8 threads. But I guess it won't be an issue.

Theorry

The new gamersyde vids with the drivers. Encoding still.

The promise of new drivers is always something to hold on to when a game does not perform as well as it should, and the release this afternoon of Nvidia's latest ones has proved us right. While we were experiencing quite severe stuttering issues this morning, even at 1080p, our time on the game with the new drivers has been 99% smooth with DSR 1440p. The (minor) drops are now really rare, and they have no negative impact on the experience. We can now say we are relieved for all those who are eargerly waiting for the PC version to unlock on Friday (Ultimate Edition only obviously). If you need proof, simply check out the video inside.
Note: Let us remind everyone that 60 fps racing games don't look very good in streamed videos, even when using our stream, which is way better than YouTube. That's why we advise you to take the time to download the file.
PC used for capture: i7 6700K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 Go RAM (DDR4), Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Founder's Edition MSI

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_horizon_3_with_proper_drivers-18407_en.html

netBuff

I'm kinda sad I missed that free update to Windows 10...

You can still upgrade, just search for "Windows Media Creation Tool". Even clean installs with Windows 7/8/8.1 keys on new machines work just fine. No need to go through the "assistive technologies" loophole.

ekim

I'm talking about the quoted video? What do you mean?

The promise of new drivers is always something to hold on to when a game does not perform as well as it should, and the release this afternoon of Nvidia's latest ones has proved us right. While we were experiencing quite severe stuttering issues this morning, even at 1080p, our time on the game with the new drivers has been 99% smooth with DSR 1440p. The (minor) drops are now really rare, and they have no negative impact on the experience. We can now say we are relieved for all those who are eargerly waiting for the PC version to unlock on Friday (Ultimate Edition only obviously). If you need proof, simply check out the video inside.
Note: Let us remind everyone that 60 fps racing games don't look very good in streamed videos, even when using our stream, which is way better than YouTube. That's why we advise you to take the time to download the file.
PC used for capture: i7 6700K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 Go RAM (DDR4), Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Founder's Edition MSI

Watch it on Gamersyde. Smooth as butter to me.

Upgraded my PC to windows 10 just for this game. Never played FM games before but I'm super excited to try out this one. GTX980 gpu should be able to handle this game in 1080/60 right?

Top Bottom