• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Lima

Or be like me and join an online adventure with only 3 people. Instant challenge completed lol. Still won though cause I'm not a scrub 😏

Loving this game however it's a bit glitchy.

Playing in on Xbox one s on a Samsung ks8000.

Sound glitches out every time the title cards come down after finishing a race. Like the flipping cards saying fans points placing etc. it sounds like sound cuttting out as they do it.

Second thing is like once per session a little bit in it will black out and then back in a few seconds later. The game is running in this time (I'll crash or something)

No other game console or app/ streaming show does this on my Xbox or tv- and it didn't happen on my old tv.

Really strange. I've seen others post of the same issues but no fixes- anyone?

Just blew half my money on an HE Jag Project 7 with XP boost, turned it into an AWD with offroad tires, Platinum tier here I come!

Also wanna thank whoever mentioned tuning the Sunbeam with wider tires and powering it up a little, not only is it great fun to drive but it also allowed me to win a game of King by a significant margin. Cheers!

Finally, the link to the glitched cars for the Inconceivable FT event returns a 404, but I can confirm that it works in the Volvo 1800E (which is the latest barn find, so have at it).

shpankey

not an idiot
I have to say, the PC version and this new add on in the snow is blowing me away of late. This is starting to challenge my favorite racing games of all times..

Forza Horizon 3

Nascar Racing 2003 Season
Grand Prix Legends
Moto Racer
Sega Rally
Andretti Racing
Formula One 99
Rock-N-Roll Racing
Gran Turismo 2
Destruction Derby
NFS Most Wanted
Dirt 3
Burnout Paradise

GravyButt

Just got the game and never really been a racing fan kind of guy but my buddy really layed it on thick (hes not one either) 100% do not regret the purchase. Awesome so far.

Quick question though. Does the forza hub rewards automatically add to your credits or do you need to redeem them somewhere in the pause menu or something? Thanks!

Lima

Just got the game and never really been a racing fan kind of guy but my buddy really layed it on thick (hes not one either) 100% do not regret the purchase. Awesome so far.

Quick question though. Does the forza hub rewards automatically add to your credits or do you need to redeem them somewhere in the pause menu or something? Thanks!

You need to hit the social tab in the pause menu and then message center. Under gifts should be your credits. Then just press A.

AsianOni

The base game has enough cars for a lot of people but if you're really into cars, yes the Car Pass is worth it. I personnaly enjoy testing and driving every car in the game (except the muscle cars, tired of the same V8..).

xrnzaaas

Worth it? Especially for a new player who just started the game or just wait for another eventual sale?

Ps: I don't get a lot of time to game nowadays either

Nah if you don't have a lot of time to play you won't even collect all the cool cars from the base game. Trust me, there's more than enough of them. I say pass unless you're really really desperate to drive some of the cars from the already released DLC's.

yeah unless you are really into collecting cars or looking for a specific car to drive on the road i wouldn't bother. i own the car pass as part of ultimate edition and you still have to go in and actually "buy" every car (for 0 credits) from the car pass and DLCs, and I haven't even bothered doing it for 90% of the cars.

I will say though the VIP pass is nice, just getting double credits on wheel spins is a great way to build up a massive credit pile.

Fox Mulder

Worth it? Especially for a new player who just started the game or just wait for another eventual sale?

Ps: I don't get a lot of time to game nowadays either

If you're new, there's plenty of cars already. I think the car packs so far havent been amazing must buy really.

As a bit of a counterpoint, I have found the car pass extremely worth it.

I love cars and I love being able to check out all the interesting and new models they make available.

Honestly, for $18, I don't see how it wouldn't be worth it. That is like $.50 a car.

shandy706

Finally got the PC build running smooth.

My secret?

Vsync off and turning on the dynamic mode, LOL

I refused to use dynamic and tried to custom set everything on High to Ultra in an attempt to figure it out myself. I've tweeked for weeks now and no dice.

I literally ignored the dynamic mode. The second I turn off dynamic mode and turn on Vsync I get hitching and horrible input delay. It's running fine now it seems, why did I wait so long?! Funny thing is...with Vsync off, I don't see any screen tearing (which I hate).

Also, bit of a rant here. Forza Horizon 3 is the best looking racing game DURING GAMEPLAY across the board, period. I've just put hours and hours into Driveclub over the last few weeks and I'm going to complain about you blind people that said it was some kind of hands down best looking racer there is, LOL. Even people who have played both, like myself I've seen say DC looks better. DC looks HORRID during gameplay. The game literally has this one time of day at certain points on some tracks that looks amazing, or exact weather situations where it looks darn good, but god almighty everything more than 40 yards from the cars look horrid. The LOD is eye stabbing bad and filled with jaggies, yikes. I've even laughed at DC's scenery and LOD a few times over the last couple weeks. I swear some people need glasses. 80% of the races I've ran in DC are eye sores, with a few moments of beauty. I shouldn't have to TRY to make the game look good for shots. Also, when you're playing a racing game you're looking at the horizon/apex of the track...and the game looks so bad there due to LOD and low-res textures.

Anyway, nothing touches 4K FH3 across the board during gameplay. LOD/textures/skies, etc. The game looks good-incredible in nearly every race/trek.

Having now ranted...I love FH3's gameplay and I'm really enjoying DC's gameplay too. Sorry to go off there, but it's bugged the heck out of me after going in expecting to be blown away by DC. My fellow racing fans (graphic whores) hyped me up and let me down :p. I'd love a PGR style racer from Playground games now that I have put time into DC.

Now that I have the PC build running fine (I also have it on X1), I'll look at picking up that beautiful snowy expansion.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Not being able to navigate the map at all when using a wheel is really bumming me the fuck out. The dumb thing is it used to work with the dpad, but not anymore. If you have a dedicated sim set up this is really annoying.

Yep, that got borked in the November (IIRC) update. Definitely annoying. I just keep my controller at hand and use that, but still a pain in the but, especially since it used to work.

Lima

After they fixed Forza Rewards I went back to get days played in Motorsport 3,4 and Horizon which I never bothered cause my rewards were glitched.
Now I'm closing in on getting all points possible on Xbox so I will have to start looking why my Apex on PC just crashes back to desktop after the T10 logo.
Hours of hunting through forums and possibly a fresh windows install in case there is no other fix. I love PC gaming.

Fox Mulder

After they fixed Forza Rewards I went back to get days played in Motorsport 3,4 and Horizon which I never bothered cause my rewards were glitched.
Now I'm closing in on getting all points possible on Xbox so I will have to start looking why my Apex on PC just crashes back to desktop after the T10 logo.
Hours of hunting through forums and possibly a fresh windows install in case there is no other fix. I love PC gaming.

that's why i never bother with pc gaming. I love sitting on a couch and just having games work. I dont want to buy parts and mess with settings, just work.

A full windows reinstall is insane to get a game to work.

terrible

Banned
I sit on my couch and my PC games just work. The Forza ports are a mess on PC though, that's very true. Other PC games? Not so much.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
that's why i never bother with pc gaming. I love sitting on a couch and just having games work. I dont want to buy parts and mess with settings, just work.

A full windows reinstall is insane to get a game to work.

Building PCs is fun but yeah, I'm too lazy to have to deal with some the bullshit to make games run well enough that a console can do.
Plus I deal with computer bullshit all day at work being a support tech, so yeah lol

mclem

Howdy, ForzaGAF. Just added myself to the spreadsheet - although I'm pretty incompetent, so don't expect quality driving!

RawNuts

Howdy, ForzaGAF. Just added myself to the spreadsheet - although I'm pretty incompetent, so don't expect quality driving!
Quality driving is the hallmark of ForzaGAF.

knzCGiA.gif

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Hey, first time poster here in the OT.

In early December, I finally got a decent gaming PC
i7 6700k 4.00GHz
GTX 1070
16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz
etc.

And Forza Horizon 3 was the first game I downloaded for it (got $100 Windows store credit) in order to test out my new rig. At first, everything was fine and dandy with everything maxed out and hitting 60fps 99% of the time. However, for Winter break, I had to leave my computer back in my dorm, and after I got back yesterday, I had to set everything back up, download all the new Windows updates, the usual stuff, but when I booted FH3 back up, I noticed I was getting framerates regularly in the lower 50s and upper 40s, especially in the city. What might the issue be? Have other people come across this sort of thing, and have they managed to remedy it? I know FH3 PC is an infamously bad port, but considering how everything was working fine before leads me to believe that this is a hardware or driver glitch.

Haven't played in a month, came back today to find out that latest patch completely destroyed the performance for me on PC and makes the game unplayable.

Went from 40-50fps to 15-20.

Edit: And that's with everything at minimum, with all options turned to lowest manually, setting it to dynamic makes no difference.

Latest drivers, 680M GTX.

TheDanger

Banned
how do i get the gymkhana ford focus in blizzard mountain? apparently it's supposed to be under all cars in the dlc car section, but it isn't there.

zorbsie

how do i get the gymkhana ford focus in blizzard mountain? apparently it's supposed to be under all cars in the dlc car section, but it isn't there.

I had the same problem. I bought it from the auction house. Later I found out you get one for free. Can't remember where I got it though. I want to say you win one. Try going to the autoshow and filter by price. It should be there.

xrnzaaas

I had the same problem. I bought it from the auction house. Later I found out you get one for free. Can't remember where I got it though. I want to say you win one. Try going to the autoshow and filter by price. It should be there.

It's been a while since I finished the expansion, but if I remember right you get it after you finish the main event (the one that unlocks after you get 100 stars).

xrnzaaas

I think it was possible in the earlier versions, they patched it and now buying it in the auction house or completing the main event are the only possibilities.

Haven't played in a month, came back today to find out that latest patch completely destroyed the performance for me on PC and makes the game unplayable.

Went from 40-50fps to 15-20.

Edit: And that's with everything at minimum, with all options turned to lowest manually, setting it to dynamic makes no difference.

Latest drivers, 680M GTX.

Is there any known fix for this? Or am I basically fucked out of my 100$+ game until I buy a new computer?

Top Bottom