• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

rrs

Ahhh thank you! I'm in the market for one...somewhat, just wanna know what owners think before I toss down the money for one. (And probably raise another million before buying it, I have 6.7 million)
It's a nice racing car, but there's cheaper and more powerful options for that in game. Going past $3 mil the cars are more just for vanity than an online race winner.
go buy it because it looks awesome

Fox Mulder

i grew 8 grey hairs and went through two albums trying to get a clean record on Goliath

I frequently don't play with TCS on but I didn't really wanna focus on my own throttle control slowing me down, maybe I'll improve it soon

I'm top 200 goliath I believe, but still can't crack a clean sub 9 minute lap. Best is like 9:04.

LoveCake

tag bet on another porsche expansion being it

The Porsche DLC will be a separate thing, it always is, from a discussion in the GAF Forza MotoSport 6 thread, it is something to do with the Porsche license that is held by EA and it has to be timed, and that Porsche are getting fed up with it.

God I hope not, I am tired of paying for Porsche... I want another land, track expansion

I am expecting a full on rally add-on like in the first game.

I love Porsches, but it's just way too late after release for me to care really. Already put 100+ hours into the game and have done everything. Car packs won't do much for me at this point.

I agree, it is always way too late, the one in Forza MotorSport 6 was probably the best handled one so far, but it still felt too late in the game.

I would rather have the RUF cars as well as the RWB cars than the Porsches from the start, I don't know if the RWB cars are different enough though, there was one in one of the Need For Speed games I think which is EA, but the Forza games usually have the RUF cars in from the initial release.

I haven't seen this posted on here:

Hi folks,

On Friday we sent out the Lamborghini Huracàn Super Trofeo race car to FH3 players as a gift. This car is part of the Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack and players who own that pack received the car as planned, while players who do not own the pack were subject to an error message when trying to download the car. We apologize for this inconvenience and, as a thank you for your understanding, we have gifted the Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition to all players.

Thanks,
Brian

zorbsie

Ahhh thank you! I'm in the market for one...somewhat, just wanna know what owners think before I toss down the money for one. (And probably raise another million before buying it, I have 6.7 million)

Going to agree with rrs. It's super slippery without any tunes. Also found 5th gear went on forever. It can be upgraded to a pretty decent S1 car though. Got one that has a twin turbo on it that I can get up to 244mph on the highway. But I think you can use the cheaper model and get pretty much the same results.

shagia

It's a nice racing car, but there's cheaper and more powerful options for that in game. Going past $3 mil the cars are more just for vanity than an online race winner.
go buy it because it looks awesome

Going to agree with rrs. It's super slippery without any tunes. Also found 5th gear went on forever. It can be upgraded to a pretty decent S1 car though. Got one that has a twin turbo on it that I can get up to 244mph on the highway. But I think you can use the cheaper model and get pretty much the same results.

It's definitely a looker, but that's a shame to hear about it's stock performance. I'll look at it when I have money to waste and just check out the normal F1, thanks you two!

I'm top 200 goliath I believe, but still can't crack a clean sub 9 minute lap. Best is like 9:04.

Heck, 200 is pretty well at least. Highest I've placed on a Horizon leaderboard so far is 27 on this month's What's Old Is New rivals challenge.

rrs

It's definitely a looker, but that's a shame to hear about it's stock performance. I'll look at it when I have money to waste and just check out the normal F1, thanks you two!
even fully upgraded the F1 GT won't impress as it lacks the grunt of other 998 machines nor the handling of say a One:1 or a good bunch of the racing cars

terrible

Banned
I had the same problem after a reformat. I didn't do anything to fix as far as I can remember but it did eventually show up in my library. The Windows store is garbage.

LoveCake

Is there a way or guide to create the neoGAF logo so it can be put on cars?

Or

Has anyone created a skin or something that can be downloaded and put on any car?

I have had a couple of goes at making a logo but I am rubbish :(

Is there a way or guide to create the neoGAF logo so it can be put on cars?

Or

Has anyone created a skin or something that can be downloaded and put on any car?

I have had a couple of goes at making a logo but I am rubbish :(

You can search for vinyl groups others created I believe.

Forza Horizon 3 -- Playseat Car Pack

List:
- 1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A
- 1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V
- 2017 Aston Martin DB11
- 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
- 1970 Honda S800
- 2016 Honda Civic Type R

Edit: You are ON IT!

I am LOVING the huge influx of Aussie cars with these DLCs. So glad to see more amazing Holdens/Fords in Forza.

xrnzaaas

Pretty cool list of cars this month. That Aston is probably the best one, but the Civic and the Renault Alpine also seem like good picks.

terrible

Banned
March is the last car pack right?

I think it was leaked that the Sesto Elemento is in the game, I wonder if that is part of an expansion or part of the next car pack. I don't recognize any of these cars from the leaked list though which is odd.

edit: nope I'm just blind. these were in the leak

For the occasion I may as well post a few shots of the DB11.
32595502272_3cc7620acd_o.png

32595501302_b8d93ac8de_o.png

32708030546_1ff31dd38b_o.png

Ignore the orange Aston logo on the engine shot, I think it's just a missing texture on the unfinished version I have

xrnzaaas

March is the last car pack right?

I think it was leaked that the Sesto Elemento is in the game, I wonder if that is part of an expansion or part of the next car pack. I don't recognize any of these cars from the leaked list though which is odd.

edit: nope I'm just blind. these were in the leak

I counted five car packs (not counting the cars from the Blizzard Expansion), should be six.

LoveCake

These car packs are getting worse and worse, where is the Ferrari F50GT, Bugatti Chiron, RWB Porsche's, Oldsmobile Aerotech and Lamborghini Aventador J etc ?

I'm sorry but a 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR and 1970 Honda S800 as well as the other cars like this in the DLC packs cars like this should be in the base game and rare, hypercars etc should be in the DLC, getting the Ultimate Edition was a waste of £90 :(

Lima

These car packs are getting worse and worse, where is the Ferrari F50GT, Bugatti Chiron, RWB Porsche's, Oldsmobile Aerotech and Lamborghini Aventador J etc ?

I'm sorry but a 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR and 1970 Honda S800 as well as the other cars like this in the DLC packs cars like this should be in the base game and rare, hypercars etc should be in the DLC, getting the Ultimate Edition was a waste of £90 :(

I don't like thing therefore it's all trash.

xrnzaaas

They're probably going to keep releasing DLC packs until Forza 7 comes out (in September?). Also we still have one larger expansion left and it's not certain if it'll be the Porsche one.

LoveCake

I don't like thing therefore it's all trash.

No, it's not like that at all, those cars do nothing for me, the DB11 is the only one in that pack I will try the rest I won't bother with, they would be better off putting a HE car in each pack instead of having them in the wheelspins thus giving people a chance of getting one.

I have played all the Forza games and I prefer them over Gran Turismo, the best GT was the first and my copy still has the rubber smelling disc, people have moaned for ages about a thousand different Skylines in the GT games and I tend to agree and to me the Forza packs are getting the same, they seem to be just getting worse.

I own a Fiesta so I always buy a Fiesta in the Forza games, so I accept that Corsa and Civic owners get that chance as well, but there must be at least one halo/unicorn car in each DLC surely? as I have said that Corsa and Civic should have been in the game from day one, or at the very least free DLC for everyone.

saladine1

Forza Horizon 3 -- Playseat Car Pack

List:
- 1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A
- 1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V
- 2017 Aston Martin DB11
- 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
- 1970 Honda S800
- 2016 Honda Civic Type R

Edit: You are ON IT!

I am LOVING the huge influx of Aussie cars with these DLCs. So glad to see more amazing Holdens/Fords in Forza.

Yep, a big thank you to Turn 10 and Playground games for including iconic Australian cars.
Lets just hope that they are included in Forza 7 as well..

GlamFM

Banned
Hey guys, been a while since I was here.

Do we have any idea what the next expansion will be?

And when?

Thanks!

xrnzaaas

Yes it is a possibility. The Porsche expansion in Horizon 2 also didn't add any new locations, "only" new cars, bucket lists and challenges (and achievements ;)).

GlamFM

Banned
Yes it is a possibility. The Porsche expansion in Horizon 2 also didn't add any new locations, "only" new cars, bucket lists and challenges (and achievements ;)).

I´d also be open to something like the F&F "expansion" for FH2.

That was pretty cool and unexpected.

For those of you who haven't dived much into the online racing yet, here's a PSA: After completing some races for the latest Forzathon, I'm happy(?) To report that the driving shown off in the GAF club gif is not at all exclusive to GAF.

New HE cars are definitely true, I've already seen a pic of someone's "You could win this" showing the Falcon Ute HE.

Also, some people are spreading pork pies about a new barn find (Holden SLR500) - just so everyone knows this isn't true. There's no new barn find in the game files.

And finally, I'm pleased because it turns out that the new cars drop straight into the dev build:
32617461042_513940606b_o.png

willbsn13

New HE cars are definitely true, I've already seen a pic of someone's "You could win this" showing the Falcon Ute HE.

Also, some people are spreading pork pies about a new barn find (Holden SLR500) - just so everyone knows this isn't true. There's no new barn find in the game files.

And finally, I'm pleased because it turns out that the new cars drop straight into the dev build:

Any new cars in the dev build files?

terrible

Banned
Time to buy some HE cars off the auction house! Well, once they drop in price anyway. Buying spins cost more than just dropping 500K on each one the last time around.

SliChillax

For those of you who haven't dived much into the online racing yet, here's a PSA: After completing some races for the latest Forzathon, I'm happy(?) To report that the driving shown off in the GAF club gif is not at all exclusive to GAF.

It's why I don't play online. It's simply not enjoyable with everyone crashing into you all the time.

Top Bottom