• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Gaenor

Banned
Challenge some drivatars by driving behind them and hitting (X) to Head-to-Head races (you can just drive to the finish as there are no checkpoints in these races), that should trigger the street races which ultimately unlock the Midnight Battles (there are checkpoints in these races) where you can win the opponents car.

Thanks, got it !!

So happy to have it finally.

EkKQ38o.jpg

I've completed a street race, unlocked the Carrera GT Forzathon challenge achievement yet there is no car. Why is my Forzathon always bugged?

What you need is the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Don Jowong Song Edition, I do agree I got the one below for a few million CR's and it's not spectacular, but it's still very nice to drive, I think that what happens is that people tune cars up to S2 where there isn't a need to, if the tune is good then you can have more fun in a A or S1 class than in a S2-998 I have found.

m5BbRPYl.jpg

Look for Don Jowong Song in the tunes, I think that is his design as well.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

---

Changing topics, tonight was a good night. Managed to get a M4 HE and a 69 Mustang HE for a decent price. Now from the expensive ones that I want I'm missing the BRZ.

Thank you! This has been a game him and I have really enjoyed playing together. We worked hard to get that Centenario.

I am getting him his own copy for his birthday so we can do coop and putting the old Xbox one upstairs (we have an S in the basement). Anyone know how the online coop works?

KRaZyAmmo

Thank you! This has been a game him and I have really enjoyed playing together. We worked hard to get that Centenario.

I am getting him his own copy for his birthday so we can do coop and putting the old Xbox one upstairs (we have an S in the basement). Anyone know how the online coop works?
You make a online campaign lobby, pause, go to horizon group, and you can add him from there. (don't know xbox controls sorry)

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I've finally found some time to play Hot Wheels expansion a bit. It's okay but nowhere near the amount of fun I had with Blizzard Mountain. It doesn't help that the colors of the surface and the bends sometimes merge and the corners aren't that easy to spot at high speed. Also I didn't really enjoy 2 Hot Wheel cars I've unlocked so far. Completed most of the events with traditional cars.

That is awesome man.

Reminds me of my Dad and I when I was kid playing Super Mario Kart together for hours.

LoveCake

Thanks, I'll check that out.

---

Changing topics, tonight was a good night. Managed to get a M4 HE and a 69 Mustang HE for a decent price. Now from the expensive ones that I want I'm missing the BRZ.

He is my go to tuner, the only issue I have is that sometimes he has wheels or the front/rear wings on the car that I don't like.

He is a drifter, I am not but I have found his tunes to be progressive drifters, so most of the time I can hold the drift.

Other news, the servers are down it seems.

We are aware of the present issues with the #ForzaHorizon3 servers and are investigating. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Fell in love with the Subaru BRAT GL HE, this car is so fun to drive.

He is my go to tuner, the only issue I have is that sometimes he has wheels or the front/rear wings on the car that I don't like.

He is a drifter, I am not but I have found his tunes to be progressive drifters, so most of the time I can hold the drift.

I've found some of his Horizon 3 videos on YouTube before, but never gave too much time. I'll try and watch them again.

Fox Mulder

250+ hours in and I only just tried using the horn to annoy the piss out of people and making them crash as a last resort.

100% success rate.

I picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT racing wheel at a yard sale for just $10! Would it work with the PC version of Horizon 3? I don't have a gaming PC yet but will later this year.

LoveCake

250+ hours in and I only just tried using the horn to annoy the piss out of people and making them crash as a last resort.

100% success rate.

You are level 1000 now are you not?

I do like on the Hot Wheels championships that you have to race in different classes, I am blueprinting each one I do though so that I am using Hot Wheels cars.

One thing though that I have thought of, with Porsche in from the start on future Forza Motorsport and Horizon games, are they not something of a game-breaker, you can just use a Porsche to go though the entire game due to their upgradability, a car for all eventualities.

I liked how they did it in FM6 where you went though the story and history of Porsche.

Cyanity

Banned
Finally managed to claw my way into 1st place in the Hot Wheels goliath after way too many failures. The game crashed on loading whatever comes after beating the goliath :)

screaming into a pillow rn

Fox Mulder

You are level 1000 now are you not?

I do like on the Hot Wheels championships that you have to race in different classes, I am blueprinting each one I do though so that I am using Hot Wheels cars.

One thing though that I have thought of, with Porsche in from the start on future Forza Motorsport and Horizon games, are they not something of a game-breaker, you can just use a Porsche to go though the entire game due to their upgradability, a car for all eventualities.

I liked how they did it in FM6 where you went though the story and history of Porsche.

Got lvl 1000 a few days ago. You get a star icon and the level gap goes back down to only 200k. Takes like 10 hours of grinding just for the last 30 levels. Insanity really.

Finally managed to claw my way into 1st place in the Hot Wheels goliath after way too many failures. The game crashed on loading whatever comes after beating the goliath :)

screaming into a pillow rn

You get nothing for beating hot wheels Goliath, getting all the stars, or even 100%.

Cyanity

Banned
Got lvl 1000 a few days ago. You get a star icon and the level gap goes back down to only 200k. Takes like 10 hours of grinding just for the last 30 levels. Insanity really.

You get nothing for beating hot wheels Goliath, getting all the stars, or even 100%.

I was under the impression that you could blueprint hot wheels races after beating the goliath?
I just really want to do some of these races with x class vehicles.

edit - beat the goliath again and it's letting me make custom championships now.

KdotIX

Trying to nab a cheap Porsche 918 off the AH. However, I am seeing 1 person selling 10 of them. All going for about 10m+! That one person must be making bank. How on earth do they have that many 918s in their garage?

Fox Mulder

They sit there all day searching over and over as fast as they can for cheap 918 buyouts. One guy made a YouTube video about it showing he has hundreds of millions of credits.

I guess it's fun? There's nothing to even spend that money on.

KdotIX

They sit there all day searching over and over as fast as they can for cheap 918 buyouts. One guy made a YouTube video about it showing he has hundreds of millions of credits.

I guess it's fun? There's nothing to even spend that money on.

Well I guess that amount of money comes in handy when they want to buy a super fast rare car like... hmm... I don't know... maybe a Porsche 918..?

Shit is annoying for the rest of us who want to buy one and actually use it...

I really didn't expect there to be this much scalping, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

In other news, Chelsea Manning is playing FH3! Do you think if people add her drivatar to their festivals they get added automatically to a CIA database? ^^

Fox Mulder

Unicorn cars in previous games went for like 40+ million in the auction house. You could only get them from limited daily Turn 10 auctions.

zorbsie

Unicorn cars in previous games went for like 40+ million in the auction house. You could only get them from limited daily Turn 10 auctions.

Those were the absolute worst. But this legendary painter/tuner thing is BS too. Buying 918s for ~1.5M and turning around and selling them for 10+M is terrible. Shouldn't be in the game. The economy in both FM/FH really needs a rethink. Hope FM7 fixes things like bringing back gifting money/cars.

Snagged an HE GTR in the auction house for under 3 mil, and after experimenting with various tunes I ended up tinkering with it myself and I think I've stumbled upon something nice.

Now to wait for tomorrow and the Huracan.

I've gone past the 300 mark and now Skill cars are not really that helpful. Shame because I like them way more than the XP ones (except for the Brat, but that's not fast enough).

StMeph

The game's never crashed before for me in the base game or Blizzard Mountain, but it's crashed now in the middle of a race in Hot Wheels, and performance overall seems to be less consistent.

rrs

The game's never crashed before for me in the base game or Blizzard Mountain, but it's crashed now in the middle of a race in Hot Wheels, and performance overall seems to be less consistent.
hot wheels pack pushes the GPU moreso than base game and blizzard mountain, esp. in the city
Those were the absolute worst. But this legendary painter/tuner thing is BS too. Buying 918s for ~1.5M and turning around and selling them for 10+M is terrible. Shouldn't be in the game. The economy in both FM/FH really needs a rethink. Hope FM7 fixes things like bringing back gifting money/cars.
is anyone buying is the real question. If nobody is buying said 10 mil cars, scalpers only lose out. All the tunes and paint jobs I see on the auction house are complete hot trash anyways, even from the zillion downloads ones.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It took waaaaaay longer than I wanted it to, but I finally got three stars on the airport Danger Sign with the G-wagen, and got the Huracan HE. Then I got the Focus ST HE through a wheelspin.

Entire Forzathon done without much trouble. Thanks everyone here that helped, with setups and videos. Later I'll try this Huracan on Goliath and see if I like it.

Crikey that was a tough jump to complete. But I did.

Kept getting within 2-3m of the target.

What got me there was slowly knocking down the trees and bushes in the way to make a straight path. Hitting them at speed only takes a few kmh off the speed but does enough to stop you getting three stars.

My longest jump before completing it was 166m. The next went way over at 174m and got me the Lambo.

Fox Mulder

It's pretty dumb that the game doesnt ask you to pick a car if you happen to enter a lobby with a car in the current class they're using. Might like to pick an off-road car instead for the off-road races.

zorbsie

I simply can't do this damn jump. I keep bouncing around and losing too much speed. I can't hit the bump at 140Mph and I end up landing 540ft. It's starting to get to me. This might be the first Forzathon event I miss.

EDIT: Scratch that, I got it by 2 feet. lol. I can breath again. :)

louiedog

For those that aren't paying attention, there is a ONE DAY ONLY forzathon running for 24 hours, you can pick up a Lamborghini Huracàn HE and 4 other xp/money forzathon events with it.
https://www.trueachievements.com/a233973/forzathon-soaring-luxury-challenge

Thanks.

I still don't understand why the Forza Hub app doesn't do Forzathon notifications.

There's a Hitman app on my phone that lets me know when there's a new elusive target and reminds me when it's almost gone but the Microsoft published app that deals with a Microsoft owned and published game in Microsoft's app store on a Microsoft OS doesn't let me know about limited time events. There's no good excuse for not getting that together.

Fox Mulder

The game feels more unstable recently honestly. I get a few lockups a week on xb1, even just messing in menus or looking for tunes. Have had crashes that completely reset the console.

They haven't fixed the broken Hilux either.

Top Bottom