• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

A look at the October Forzathon events.

CrTBoQVWIAYMhfT.jpg

A few more sneaks:

A1IhcbM.jpg

gtxyA3d.jpg

Noobcraft

What's the latest on wheel support?

If we're just going to get MS branded wheels on the PC then I'll just get Xbox One version and save myself the trouble of upgrading my gaming pc to windows 10.
So far just a "Yes" that wheels will be supported at launch, and hopefully all of the wheels that the Anniversary Update supports will be supported as well.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I redeemed it on xbox.com.

It's not in my windows store library.

I preordered the game a few days ago, my Xbox One downloaded it, but it was not showing on my store library on PC until I search the game, it was marked as owned and could preload the placeholder on my PC. Then it showed in my library.

I think the game is kinda hidden for now, as it's not released and not ready (3.7 MB placeholder file).

Search for Forza Horizon on your PC's store, as the stores are unified now you must have it on PC too.

EDIT : looks like preorders from the store are officialy up now : http://www.neowin.net/news/you-can-now-pre-order-xbox-play-anywhere-titles-from-the-windows-store

drotahorror

I preordered the game a few days ago, my Xbox One downloaded it, but it was not showing on my store library on PC until I search the game, it was marked as owned and could preload the placeholder on my PC. Then it showed in my library.

I think the game is kinda hidden for now, as it's not released and not ready (3.7 MB placeholder file).

Search for Forza Horizon on your PC's store, as the stores are unified now you must have it on PC too.

EDIT : looks like preorders from the store are officialy up now : http://www.neowin.net/news/you-can-now-pre-order-xbox-play-anywhere-titles-from-the-windows-store

Thanks, yeah I had searched earlier and clicked on the "Forza Horizon 3 pre-order" on the store. Didn't see the standard edition thing down there, says I own it. I don't have the place holder file though yet.

Maybe? It's iffy to be honest. I buy it, and it works for me.

I like the car list this year. The extra credits on level up is nice. Plus, FH2 gave you a 50% discount for Storm Island, but we have no idea if something similar will be available this time around.

If you're handwringing because the extra cost matters to you, skip it without much worry. Otherwise, if you plan to play FH3 for a year+, you'll probably be glad you got it.

Thanks. I usually buy one major racing game a year and this one seems like one I will probably come back to for a while so I think I may at least go with the deluxe.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Thanks, yeah I had searched earlier and clicked on the "Forza Horizon 3 pre-order" on the store. Didn't see the standard edition thing down there, says I own it. I don't have the place holder file though yet.
Once you are on a Forza page, click on the game under the "this bundle includes" thing, there you should be able to install it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait so what was the genre for each station again? Pulse was pop, or was that Bass Arena? Hospital was classical, what the hell is Future Classical now? Block Party I assume is punk/rock and Vagrant seems to be indie and indie rock?

ekim

Wait so what was the genre for each station again? Pulse was pop, or was that Bass Arena? Hospital was classical, what the hell is Future Classical now? Block Party I assume is punk/rock and Vagrant seems to be indie and indie rock?

Block party sounds like HipHop. Epitaph is punk/rock.

desu

Epitaph is punk/rock/metal.

AsianOni

Hospital Records is Drum'n'Bass.

It's a shame we don't have Ninja Tune again.

watership

What's the latest on wheel support?

If we're just going to get MS branded wheels on the PC then I'll just get Xbox One version and save myself the trouble of upgrading my gaming pc to windows 10.

If you buy digital, you get both versions. So you can go with what works best for you.

drotahorror

Once you are on a Forza page, click on the game under the "this bundle includes" thing, there you should be able to install it.

Thanks that worked. I was wondering why it said something about this game requiring Anniversary update. I have it, but it wanted me to do another update before I could install.

Megasoum

Banned
Are there any concrete info anywhere about the structure of the single player game?

Hopefully it is much close to FH1 than FH2...

terrible

Banned
Storm Island is $5 CAD so I just bought it. The Rally Expansion for FH1 is the same price too.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

vewn

Am I the only one who'd love to purchase this but rather waits because of the ridiculous Win Store prices (70€ wtf) and a possible Steam release?
Is there a way to buy it from a store without insane pricing?

Ogawa-san

Am I the only one who'd love to purchase this but rather waits because of the ridiculous Win Store prices (70€ wtf) and a possible Steam release?
Yep. Thanks to being cross-buy it's as overpriced as console games are here. Were it on Steam I'd probably be 30% cheaper, at launch.

Don't hold your breath for a Steam release, though.

Hexer06

I still can't find this or ReCore in the Windows 10 Store. Keeps saying "The thing you're looking for isn't here." They have a page to Pre-Order, but that just takes me to the Xbox site. What am I doing wrong guys? lol

eek5

Groove being integrated as a station would be really cool. Hope that's what this shows.

Yup. It was part of the FH3 announcement

But that’s not all. In Forza Horizon 3, we can ensure that you are driving to the music that you love with the brand new Groove Music station. The Groove Music station lets players stream their their own music on OneDrive directly into the game, as well as millions of songs from the Groove Music service.

Groove Music has free trial options available for players. During this trial, you can access Groove Music just about anywhere (web, PC, Xbox, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone) to stream and download music or manage your playlists. And whether you have an active Groove Music Pass subscription or not, you'll still be able to stream your music from OneDrive on the Groove Music station in game.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_announce

I still can't find this or ReCore in the Windows 10 Store. Keeps saying "The thing you're looking for isn't here." They have a page to Pre-Order, but that just takes me to the Xbox site. What am I doing wrong guys? lol
Open up the windows store app on windows 10 and you will see ReCore and Horizon 3 right there.

EDIT: I should've said that it wouldn't matter anyways where you bought it from, because those games are on the play anywhere program. So, wherever you buy the game, Winows or Xbox, it will play on both.

Hexer06

Open up the windows store app on windows 10 and you will see ReCore and Horizon 3 right there.

When I open it, it just takes me to the main page with "Today's Deals" and "Picks For You". Even when I click the Games tab, it's featuring Quantum Break (great game btw), Candy Crush, and Minecraft. Do I have to update the Store or does it update itself automatically? I checked my Windows Updates and it says I'm up to date.

Edit: Okay, Apparently I wasn't on the latest Windows Build. Had to go the actual website and figure it out. I'm sure that was the problem, but I'll update later after I've installed the update. Thx though. :D
Edit2: Yep, somehow I didn't have the Anniversary Update installed. Ah well, easy fix. Can't wait to play this soon!

HBx2000

Thanks for the link.
Tried to buy it from Hong Kong and Singapore but it doesn't work with my credit card.
Looks like I'm skipping my most anticipated game of the year for now.
For me I could only make it work by buying Xbox Live credit from Singapore store, redeem it and then purchase the game with it.

terrible

Banned
How? Can we do this on PC?

Check this thread out.

It sounds like you can buy a $20 Xbox gift card from the Singapore Xbox website for example, redeem it on your account, then use paypal or your credit card to fund the rest of the money required to buy FH3.

Double check with what is said in that thread before trying it though, I don't want to be responsible for anyone wasting any money!

Stevey

Currently getting this when trying to pre order on PC.
Windows 10 is up to date.

hPtdBvc.png

Edit: NVM its there if I search for and click on the standard edition.

When I open it, it just takes me to the main page with "Today's Deals" and "Picks For You". Even when I click the Games tab, it's featuring Quantum Break (great game btw), Candy Crush, and Minecraft. Do I have to update the Store or does it update itself automatically? I checked my Windows Updates and it says I'm up to date.

Edit: Okay, Apparently I wasn't on the latest Windows Build. Had to go the actual website and figure it out. I'm sure that was the problem, but I'll update later after I've installed the update. Thx though. :D
Strange that you need to be on the latest build to pre order something. I hope it works out for you in the end.

Smidget

Check this thread out.

It sounds like you can buy a $20 Xbox gift card from the Singapore Xbox website for example, redeem it on your account, then use paypal or your credit card to fund the rest of the money required to buy FH3.

Double check with what is said in that thread before trying it though, I don't want to be responsible for anyone wasting any money!

How much does this save? $9 according to the link posted?

jesu

Just been playing FH2 online there.
God I hope they've put a favourites filter in for when choosing your car online :/

Top Bottom