• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

willbsn13

Just been playing FH2 online there.
God I hope they've put a favourites filter in for when choosing your car online :/

I think in that Gamescom new gameplay vid, when they go into the garage you can see in the options you can add cars to favourites, so they appear first in your garage.

jesu

I think in that Gamescom new gameplay vid, when they go into the garage you can see in the options you can add cars to favourites, so they appear first in your garage.

Nice, just skipped through that video and saw Add To Favourites in one of the menus.
Ideally we could have a favourite for each class.
And while we are at it, matchmake and state 'no I don't want to race S1 or S2, again'

So I asked this in the warthog thread but the thread died.

I have a set of Pro pedals but no wheel. Can I still use them in conjunction with my controller as a wheel substitute?

psychotron

Storm Island is $5 CAD so I just bought it. The Rally Expansion for FH1 is the same price too.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

The season pass was only $5, which says it includes the rally expansion, except the site keeps trying to charge me for it. How the hell do I get it?

Gestault

The season pass was only $5, which says it includes the rally expansion, except the site keeps trying to charge me for it. How the hell do I get it?

How is it trying to charge you for it? Do you mean you're going to the separate listing for it and attempting to buy it again? The separate listing on Xbox.com/Store is only for a separare purchase and doesn't apply to you. When you buy the Season Pass, the content should (normally) be available in-game, and the only hang-up I'm aware of is that you may need to queue it up on the "ready to install" section on an XB1.

psychotron

How is it trying to charge you for it? Do you mean you're going to the separate listing for it and attempting to buy it again? The separate listing on Xbox.com/Store is only for a separare purchase and doesn't apply to you. When you buy the Season Pass, the content should (normally) be available in-game, and the only hang-up I'm aware of is that you may need to queue it up on the "ready to install" section on an XB1.

It doesn't show on the ready to install section. The season pass shows as installed. In game the servers aren't working so I'm not sure where I'd even find it.

I don't know how you do it on the Xbox One exactly (and like you say, the servers seem kind of broken right now), but this was the same issue on the 360. You can double-buy content if you own the season pass, so obviously don't do that.

I THINK you go to the in-game marketplace area to grab stuff from your season pass, in the central hub, but I might be wrong.

No need to have Rally Expansion installed if you have the Season Pass. It's just a license in this case, and it won't be available unless you specifically own the R.E. (rather than own it as part of the S.P.)

RawNuts

Are you sure it says it includes the rally expansion? I remember it being a separate thing from the season pass back in the day, and I see no mention of it in the description, just that it covers 6 car packs.

Are you sure it says it includes the rally expansion? I remember it being a separate thing from the season pass back in the day, and I see no mention of it in the description, just that it covers 6 car packs.

Its supposed to be included and multiple sources have confirmed it including people who bought it in the past (bought just the SP, got rally as well) but the forza horizon 1 servers are so fucked right now basically no one is able to do anything.

I'm sure it'll clear up in a few days when either more servers come online or more people stop playing.

I'm like 450 points away from next tier in forza rewards, so glad FH1 went BC, gonna try to get those points with it this month, just hope the servers come back up soon.

Lima

No it was part of it. The season pass was also 4000 MS points. Pretty expensive.

You are probably thinking about 2 where Storm Island was a separate purchase.

Definitely does. I actually purchased both the S.P. and R.E. yesterday and then got a refund from MS for the R.E. when I realized and am playing it w/o issue.

psychotron

Yeah, this is right from the store page.....

Experience the thrill and danger of rally in epic new stages that push you and your cars to the limit as your co-driver alerts you to severe terrain changes and hazards ahead. Race 5 new iconic rally cars or create your own dirt-eating machines with new rally upgrades that can be applied to any car in your Forza Horizon garage. Challenge friends and rivals in new online rally modes and earn 10 new achievements. Season Pass holders receive the exclusive 2003 Ford SVT Focus, in addition to the full Rally Expansion Pack, at no additional charge.

RawNuts

Yeah, this is right from the store page.....
Oh, it's in the description of that listing, I was looking at the season pass description, which of course wouldn't mention rally because it was listed before then. I dun derped.
Im gonna guess it's just server stuff then.

You are probably thinking about 2 where Storm Island was a separate purchase.
Yeah, this is probably what I was thinking of.

PaulLFC

Is anyone else getting an error when trying to install from the Windows store? Maybe it's not live yet for preload, but I assumed with the XB1 preloading that it was.

I can start the download, but it gets to ~140kb and then just says "Error".

Downloading other games from my library doesn't seem to be an issue, so I'm hoping this is something that will sort itself out when the full game is released.

AcridMeat

Banned
I psyched myself up to buy the ultimate edition.

I haven't played my xbox/XBL for like 5 years, I can't fucking wait to get back to some Forza. Missed Horizon 1 and 2. I was nostalgic over Motorsport 1 recently though. Ahhh can't wait to get some GAF games in.

ToiJu

I hope this time they have "Not owned" as a filter in Autoshow. In FH2 they had "Owned". Why would I only want to see the cars that I already own when I'm buying a new one?

dLMN8R

I just downloaded a placeholder Forza Horizon 3 on my PC (and the 46 GB on Xbox), it weights about 3.7 MB and when I try to launch it it says it's too early.

It should update to the full game before release.

I ordered the Ultimate Edition a few days ago, I searched for Forza in the Windows Store, clicked on the UE version in the suggestions, there was no Install button, then on the UE page it says what it contains, so I clicked on Forza Horizon 3 and I could install it, but for now it's a placeholder.

It's the same for ReCore by the way.

Yep, I'm not going to confirm any preload dates, but if a preload is made available for PC (which the Anniversary Update now supports), then your placeholder will be automatically updated to it.

Is anyone else getting an error when trying to install from the Windows store? Maybe it's not live yet for preload, but I assumed with the XB1 preloading that it was.

I can start the download, but it gets to ~140kb and then just says "Error".

Downloading other games from my library doesn't seem to be an issue, so I'm hoping this is something that will sort itself out when the full game is released.

Does it give you any sort of error code?

Do I need the Anniversary update to play this on PC?

I'm rolled back because the update was causing me issues.

Yes all Play Anywhere titles do require the anniversary update. There have been 3-4 bug fix updates released since the anniversary update was released, and they fixed the vast majority of issues that (many) customers were having. You should give it another shot and see if it works any better for you this time around.

FH1 finally let me install Rally after a few launches, I bought the season pass ($5) 48 hours ago and it wasn't letting me run/launch it at all for a while.

I still can't really do anything else online, from multiplayer to browse car paints to access my messages (rewards) although the 1k club works sporadically for access, but always fails for uploads when I actually hit a goal. Replay uploads after a race don't work for me yet either.

Gonna pick up FH3 ultimate digitally next week I guess, I was hoping for some sort of extra promo but nothings really popped up in xbox rewards or anywhere else. Be nice to have it on PC and xbox and switch back and forth.

I psyched myself up to buy the ultimate edition.

I haven't played my xbox/XBL for like 5 years, I can't fucking wait to get back to some Forza. Missed Horizon 1 and 2. I was nostalgic over Motorsport 1 recently though. Ahhh can't wait to get some GAF games in.

If you haven't already looked into it, just keep in mind the Horizon series is waaaaaaaaay more arcadey in its handling model than the Motorsport series, but it uses the same engine in a modified format.

They also kind of promote a more fun, vibrant tone with the Horizon festival setting -- each game has a Horizon music and automobile festival occurring that kinda acts as a baseline for the over the top driving and licensed music that is a huge part of the identity of the Horizon series. It's got shades of sort of the automobile fanaticism that the Motorsport series is known for, but it seems a lot more about over-the-top racing. I like to describe it as the SSX (original PS2-era trilogy) of racing games to friends that haven't tried it out before.

Lego Boss

Some of the posts in the FH1 v FH2 thread have me a little concerned, are people really worried about how FH3 regarding the festival design and the structure of the game?

I'm hyped for FH3. It could potentially (for me at least) be the most complete driving game of all time.

We'll see in less than three weeks!!!

willbsn13

Some of the posts in the FH1 v FH2 thread have me a little concerned, are people really worried about how FH3 regarding the festival design and the structure of the game?

Looking through that help document and seeing how the progression of the game will play out has definitely got me more excited than before, as to me looks like a big step up from FH2 in terms of festival design, atmosphere, structure, single player replay-ability and longevity.

That's just me though

PaulLFC

Does it give you any sort of error code?
The error code is 0x80073CF9 - at first I thought it might be due to trying to install on the D drive as I'd heard the store had some issues outside the C drive, but that error appears even when choosing the C drive for install.

Other games seem to install fine, so I'm hoping it's just "the game hasn't been released yet".

Edit: So I found a fix for this which allowed it to get slightly further in the download, and then stopped with a different error, 0x80070005. Going to wait until release and hope it just works. This store is a usability nightmare.

Looking through that help document and seeing how the progression of the game will play out has definitely got me more excited than before, as to me looks like a big step up from FH2 in terms of festival design, atmosphere, structure, single player replay-ability and longevity.

What help document?

AcridMeat

Banned
If you haven't already looked into it, just keep in mind the Horizon series is waaaaaaaaay more arcadey in its handling model than the Motorsport series, but it uses the same engine in a modified format.

They also kind of promote a more fun, vibrant tone with the Horizon festival setting -- each game has a Horizon music and automobile festival occurring that kinda acts as a baseline for the over the top driving and licensed music that is a huge part of the identity of the Horizon series. It's got shades of sort of the automobile fanaticism that the Motorsport series is known for, but it seems a lot more about over-the-top racing. I like to describe it as the SSX (original PS2-era trilogy) of racing games to friends that haven't tried it out before.
I'm well aware of how the Horizon series is, it's why I'm so excited to finally be able to play it. I've been itching since I saw footage of the first, and with no Burnout since Paradise, this looks like the most fun to be had in an open world racer in a long time. Need for Speed has been really disappointing for years.

I think Motorsport got way too sterile around 3/4. Forza 2 was the peak of that franchise for me.

willbsn13

What help document?

https://dlassets-ssl.xboxlive.com/public/content/ef520a86-ebbe-4a01-8384-7b0eef90ab50/GameManual/0b54f098-e2db-4c5a-908d-ed0c0a576628/en-GB/index.html#TOC

Also, a Turn 10 Staffer just dropped a bunch of details on new visual customization on the Forza Forums:

It was important to us and Playground that, not only would we come up with a diverse car list of over 350 cars, but that we add more visual customization options for as many of them as we could. We added new visual upgrade parts for close to 100 cars, broadly grouped into these themes:

- Wide Body Kits: mainly those by Rocket Bunny/Pandem and Liberty Walk, but also some vintage flared bolt-on fenders. Total number of cars is somewhere between 20-25
- Rally and Offroad: things like light clusters, mudflaps, roof vents, bull-bars, 'roo bars, winches, etc. - these were added to a pretty large number of cars and trucks, somewhere between 45-50.
- Visible blowers: a lot of classic muscle cars now have a new hood option which includes a visible supercharger - somewhere around 20 cars.
- Roof Racks: not as many cars as the above got special roof racks, but there are some pretty unique roof racks that have been added, and a few unexpected surprises in store.

You can install these parts individually as usual, or use the new "upgrade presets" option to apply a complete upgrade package that also comes with additional performance and handling tuning by Playground's car handling gurus. The CARS tab in the menu now has an "upgrade heroes" tile that lets you browse cars which have the new upgrade presets available. You can also tinker with your car as usual after you install a preset upgrade package, changing performance parts, bumpers, wings, etc. if that car has multiple options.

"Upgrade Heroes" covers about half of the cars that have new parts added - there are still a lot cars with new visual upgrade options that didn't get equipped with a preset package. My favorite of these is the '75 Ford Bronco (SPOILER ALERT!........................................................................................you can now remove the roof!)

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm546696_Cars-With--Unique--Aero-and-Appearance-parts---FH3-version.aspx#post_546696

Hip Hop

Is the windows store more organized after the anniversary update, or am I missing something?

I'm fine with having different launchers for games on PC, but don't like the disorganization of the store. Is there some sort of Xbox app out there to keep all my purchased games there instead of going to the store and typing in the game? looks messy that way.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is the windows store more organized after the anniversary update, or am I missing something?

I'm fine with having different launchers for games on PC, but don't like the disorganization of the store. Is there some sort of Xbox app out there to keep all my purchased games there instead of going to the store and typing in the game? looks messy that way.
There's a library section of the store no? You can also hide apps you don't want to see from it.

Yes, get the Xbox app.

SPDIF

You've got the library section of the store, which you access by clicking on your account image:
f8HZrHC.png

Or you've got the games section of the Xbox app:

Or, you could just pin your favourite games to the start menu or taskbar.

Top Bottom