• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Lima

Is there any info on the career structure? I hated whatever nonsense progression they came up with in FH2.

From the help manual. Looks like the same nonsense from 2 but without the bullshit road trips in between at least. 1 will still be king.

willbsn13

Is there any info on the career structure? I hated whatever nonsense progression they came up with in FH2.

I did a quick write up about 5 pages back;

From what I've gathered (from the help document, etc); you'll start the festival in byron bay (bottom of the map) and a bunch of events will unlock in that area. These will be PR Stunts (Drift Zones/Speed Zones etc), Bucket List Events, Festival Events (Exhibitions/ Championships/Showcases). Of these, Festival Events and Bucket List events will be customizable using Horizon blueprint. You can blueprint not just single events but championships as well (which are a series of events). If you don't want to customize your events/bucket lists, you can play events created by your friends (automatically populate your game) or the ones created originally by PG themselves.

Each PR Stunt, Bucket List Event and Festival Event/Championship/Showcase you partake in that area adds to your overall goal of gaining fans. You'll gain fans after every event as well as credits and XP. The more fans you have, the more you'll be able to upgrade the festival and eventually expand the festival. I'm assuming you'll be able to expand to either the Outback, Surfers Paradise and Yarra Valley. Then the process repeats itself until you've expanded to all festival sites and fully upgraded all of them (I assume)

While thats all going on you still have a lot of things in terms of SP progression; The Perks/Skills System, Signing of new radio stations, Street Races and Midnight Battles, Horizon Promo, Barn Finds, and of course all the MP stuff and other smaller things. Not sure how some of this integrates (especially Street Races/Midnight Battles - perhaps like FH1's street racing hubs?)
but one thing is for sure; this game isn't short of content and delivers it in a much better way than FH2 for sure.

willbsn13

I prefer the FH2 structure so I'm glad they stuck with that.

I think it's more of an amalgamation of the two; if you think of upgrading your festival like wristbands in the first FH1 then you can draw a lot of parallels there.

As you compete in events you get more fans (like points to wrist band in FH1) and once you get enough you unlock a new location (like unlocking a new wrist band in FH1). The difference being you can choose what car you drive, the car types opponents drive, the class you car is in, TOD/Weather, the pre-made route; which allows for infinitely more options than FH1 had.

FH2 was more of a repeated tour around the world - FH3 changes this up by putting you at a festival hub and making you upgrade that before moving on (rather than just doing one championship) so you'll actually see your festival progress.

Noobcraft

If anyone wants to join the "ForzaGAF" club and are currently in the preview program, the update should be available now. It's a private community (I want to keep it relatively locked down to just GAF members) but it should be a great way to make friends, create parties, and find people to play with in MP lobbies for Forza games on XB1. I need some way to verify that you are a Neogaf member if you do request an invitation, so keep that in mind. PMing me your GT on here or having it linked to your GAF profile is an easy way for me to verify that. Shooting me a message on XBL with your GAF profile name should work too.

nikos

Multiplayer will still require you to join a session, right? Are you able to progress through the single player mode with others, or while you're connected?

Wish this series had a multiplayer mode similar to NFS or The Crew.

I like how Microsoft thinks.

"We need to sell PC users on Forza Horizon 3 and Windows Store. How do we do it?"

"Release the demo only on Xbox One."

If I redeemed the warthog code on my xbox can I still drive it on pc? Also will my save be the same for both pc and xbox? ie can I play a bit on my pc and then continue where I left off on my xbox. Probably too early to tell since the game isn't out yet.

Makikou

I like how Microsoft thinks.

"We need to sell PC users on Forza Horizon 3 and Windows Store. How do we do it?"

"Release the demo only on Xbox One."

Impervious logic, isn't it.

It's not like I didn't want to see how it runs on my PC before I spend 70eur on it.. jesus fuck

Same man! Also go to sleep!
I can't sleep tonight either

I've played it at an event and really liked it, and I'm a big fan of the series. The demo is probably the same.

I wish I could sleep. But my sleeping schedule is out of whack and I'm bored out of my mind. I probably won't be able to sleep until 11am.

I've played it at an event and really liked it, and I'm a big fan of the series. The demo is probably the same.

I wish I could sleep. But my sleeping schedule is out of whack and I'm bored out of my mind. I probably won't be able to sleep until 11am.

Ya I've loved the past ones too, really looking forward to 3. It's going to be fun having it based in Australia's gorgeous (but insanely deadly creature filled) landscape >_<

re sleep: I drank too much caffeine and that along with anxiety makes sleep no longer necessary lmao

jesu

Multiplayer will still require you to join a session, right? Are you able to progress through the single player mode with others, or while you're connected?

Wish this series had a multiplayer mode similar to NFS or The Crew.

PvP is pretty much the same as in The Crew and what was added to the recent NFS.
Doesn't have the persistent online world with other players though but you can do the career in 4 player co-op.

Tadie

Will it be possible to stream FH3 @ PC on steam link?

I tried Tomb Raider out of the Windows store. It works, but the performance is horrible.

Theorry

Just noticed that we got the Horizon 2 launch trailer on september 11th. Hopefully this time again, Makes sense maybe. Just when the demo also drops.

so the ultimate edition is $40 more for some car packs?

the VIP pass also gives you bonus xp/credits for every race, but yeah basically you get a shit ton more cars but not free access to future content DLCs

The other annoying thing about Forza is all the "free" cars you get also have to be individually bought (for $0), one by one. There is no bulk "buy all the cars that are free for me" option, at least up till now. I still have hundreds of cars I have never driven in FH2/F5/F6 because it takes way too long to buy them all.

ElNino

so the ultimate edition is $40 more for some car packs?
And a model replica of the cover car (at EB Games at least).

ForzaPackage2.png

ElNino

the VIP pass also gives you bonus xp/credits for every race, but yeah basically you get a shit ton more cars but not free access to future content DLCs

The other annoying thing about Forza is all the "free" cars you get also have to be individually bought (for $0), one by one. There is no bulk "buy all the cars that are free for me" option, at least up till now. I still have hundreds of cars I have never driven in FH2/F5/F6 because it takes way too long to buy them all.
At least you now get DLC cars for free if you want them in your garage.

Lone Wolf

I think it's more of an amalgamation of the two; if you think of upgrading your festival like wristbands in the first FH1 then you can draw a lot of parallels there.

As you compete in events you get more fans (like points to wrist band in FH1) and once you get enough you unlock a new location (like unlocking a new wrist band in FH1). The difference being you can choose what car you drive, the car types opponents drive, the class you car is in, TOD/Weather, the pre-made route; which allows for infinitely more options than FH1 had.

FH2 was more of a repeated tour around the world - FH3 changes this up by putting you at a festival hub and making you upgrade that before moving on (rather than just doing one championship) so you'll actually see your festival progress.

I loved the progression system in Horizon 1 and hated it in Horizon 2. This sounds more like 2. You have to stick to an area for a while instead of unlocking new races based on wristband color throughout the map. If this is true, ill wait for a sale on this game. Also, Horizon 1 felt alive while Horizon 2 felt bland and lonely.

Top Bottom