• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 surpasses 1M players in Early Access (100 USD edition purchase or 40 USD pass for Game Pass subs)

I watched it go from 673 to 690 in under an hour earlier today. Last time I looked (about an hour ago) it was over 730. Be crazy if they break a mil for the early access weekend.

Wow. Over 700K already is pretty nuts to think about since that's a $100 barrier to entry for most everyone.

Once that full release hits, it's going to skyrocket.

Also, I really hope their servers can handle it. I already had a hell of a time accessing the Forza site earlier to check out some in-game photos I took.

This is what I always suspected man, the hunger is there if Xbox delivers the games. Can you guys just imagine if there other big titles end up delivering like this? Halo Infinite, Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2, Redfall etc., the sky is really the limit for their first party this generation. Age of Empires is literally lighting it up on the steam side also.

Kagey K

Banned
Taken just now. (Edit: 753420 after a refresh)
Lv1jEY1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Over 700K already is pretty nuts to think about since that's a $100 barrier to entry for most everyone.

Once that full release hits, it's going to skyrocket.

Also, I really hope their servers can handle it. I already had a hell of a time accessing the Forza site earlier to check out some in-game photos I took.

Is it though? I have game pass for PC which can be found pretty cheap most of the time. Bought the premium pass for $45 because I want to support the devs and the extra cars and stuff is nice.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Deserved. and a great success for Playground and Microsoft. I am convinced that we will see the gamepass numbers explode from here on out, the launch of Forza 5 is truly a watershed with the slowness of the first year of the console and the wait that we had to accept to see the gears of the new acquisitions begin to move and bear fruits. From here on, everything will be different and we start again next month with another bomb that is Halo.
From here on, things get really interesting for Microsoft, Xbox and above all for Gamepass

Last edited:
Deserved. and a great success for Playgrounds and Microsoft. I am convinced that we will see the gamepass numbers explode from here on out, the launch of Forza 5 is truly a watershed with the slowness of the first year of the console. From here on, everything will be different and we start again next month with another bomb that is Halo.
From here on, things get really interesting for Microsoft, Xbox and above all for Gamepass
Forza and Halo will help the game skyrocket along with GTA remaster. They are in a great place and I’m glad it’s saving me money. That’s 180$ in my pocket since I don’t gotta pay cash for these games.

JayK47

Hmmm. So many different release dates. I thought it was November 9th. I thought you could play it today with Game Pass. So confusing. And asking for more money to play it early? Kind of messed up. There really only should be a single release date for a game, no matter what version. But that ship has sailed. For trying to be so inclusive, this game sure is exclusive.

Stuart360

I think its tracking every player who got at least 1 accolade.

Be interesting to watch it balloon over the next week.
I don't think those are concurrent players. These numbers are taken from the rankings I believe. Probably from one of the first races.
Ah right i get you.
Still there will be people who bought the game at work, or before they went to work, or people who bought it but simply havent booted it yet due to seeing friends or family, watching something else, going out, playing something else, etc.

I would still be surprised if its not at 1mil sales so far.

Ozriel

M$FT
Hmmm. So many different release dates. I thought it was November 9th. I thought you could play it today with Game Pass. So confusing. And asking for more money to play it early? Kind of messed up. There really only should be a single release date for a game, no matter what version. But that ship has sailed. For trying to be so inclusive, this game sure is exclusive.

Nothing wrong for a studio to have early access as an incentive for the expensive version of a game. They can’t release it earlier for the masses than the retail date so they don’t piss off stores.

for a game you’ve stated you’re planning to play with a $1 trial, you sure sound pretty entitled.

SZips

Is it though? I have game pass for PC which can be found pretty cheap most of the time. Bought the premium pass for $45 because I want to support the devs and the extra cars and stuff is nice.
I wasn't aware that the Premium Pass let you play early as well. Hell, I didn't even know a Premium Edition even existed that let you do that. I have my copy through Steam so I'm guessing this was a Windows Store offering.

Even still, I have to wonder how many others went that route as you. I'm just guessing that there are still a lot that went direct to the full Premium Edition purchase while most Game Pass subs are waiting the extra days to see if they'll want to upgrade or not. Again, just a guess.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Nothing wrong for a studio to have early access as an incentive for the expensive version of a game. They can’t release it earlier for the masses than the retail date so they don’t piss off stores.

for a game you’ve stated you’re planning to play with a $1 trial, you sure sound pretty entitled.
Imagine being so upset you don't get to play yet, because you are trying to game the system.

They are sure showing MS the full weight of thier power.

Si Se Puede Viva Mexico GIF by Super Chola ™

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Well Last of Us 2 did 4 million at 60$. Besides Overall Gamepass revenue is half that of PS Plus according to the estimates based off of Official latest Quarterly revenue from Xbox (3.59 Billion) vs Playstation (5.86 Billion)
Nice....

So you choose to deflect instead of answering the question directly.

Was Forza Horizon 5 released during those financial results?

Looking at these numbers here, you didn't give me estimates of what you think it's actually producing, and chose to console war instead.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Using the $1 GP promo towards 1 month of GP is a waste. Keep an eye on Newegg and others, especially during Black Friday season, for $50 and under 12-months XBL Gold. Cancel your sub and stop auto-pay, or if you're new just make sure to redeem the Gold first. Then redeem your Gold first, then use the $1 promo. You'll get 13-months of GP Ultimate for $51. You can even stack up to 3yrs and covert it. That would be 37 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $151. Think about the value that brings. You are being hooked the fuck up by a trillion dollar company. DO IT!

Top Bottom