• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 surpasses 1M players in Early Access (100 USD edition purchase or 40 USD pass for Game Pass subs)

MacReady13

Xbox players don't buy games, they all just wait for Gamepass confirmed.

Can't wait to see the shitty UK sales, and how it flopped.
No. Xbox players who want to play this amazing game EARLY will buy it now. The rest will wait to play it on game pass cause they think they’re getting it for free. I am happy to line the pockets of the devs as they deserve every penny.

pasterpl

It’s 55$ with Gamepass though not 100$
j6uOc8l.jpg
I have got gamepass and I still bough them full game premium edition for 100 usd .. wanted to support the dev.

Good stuff, probably better they did early release so they can stagger the crowds. Servers are gonna get slammed on the offficial release day

reksveks

Well Last of Us 2 did 4 million at 60$. Besides Overall Gamepass revenue is half that of PS Plus according to the estimates based off of Official latest Quarterly revenue from Xbox (3.59 Billion) vs Playstation (5.86 Billion)
There is not any need to bring into last of us 2 here cause unfortunately the comparison doesn't really work at all as its two different models and two different sets of metrics .

Concern

Well Last of Us 2 did 4 million at 60$. Besides Overall Gamepass revenue is half that of PS Plus according to the estimates based off of Official latest Quarterly revenue from Xbox (3.59 Billion) vs Playstation (5.86 Billion)

What does Forza have to do with tlou2 exactly? Or even Playstation at all? Still see these derails from the same people.

"Positive Xbox thread, quick lets go derail it"

anthony2690

Gold Member
Hmmm. So many different release dates. I thought it was November 9th. I thought you could play it today with Game Pass. So confusing. And asking for more money to play it early? Kind of messed up. There really only should be a single release date for a game, no matter what version. But that ship has sailed. For trying to be so inclusive, this game sure is exclusive.
It's not messed up at all.
The premium pass is £35.99 with a 10% game pass discount.
You get 2 expansions (when they come out)
Forza VIP, all dlc car packs & early access, even if you play the game using game pass, seems very fair to me, I have a retail copy coming in the post as well :)

reksveks

Last edited:

anthony2690

Gold Member
Also can I ask what people are using to count the players? Is it one of the danger signs or something like people did horizon 4?

pasterpl

Gta5 sold more copies in the last 2 months years after release…just wanted to jump on the pointless comparisons train you have started.

You are also ignoring the fact that these numbers you see in this thread are only for users that purchased the premium edition, when game launches we will see influx of all users that purchased standard edition. Forza horizon is still top of steam top seller list.

also regarding revenue numbers for Xbox and playstation, why do you think these are relevant in this discussion? But if you want to discuss these, fine, let’s look at revenue per user, Xbox is making close to 60 usd in revenue per user while PlayStation ”only” 45 usd revenue per user (even with that high ps plus revenues and apparently with last of us 2 selling 4 m at 60 usd).

Banjo64

cumsessed
Are you forced to buy them? Can you win the same cars or buy them and tune them better?

Fuck trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Save your energy for an actual problem.
I just don’t get it. It only seems to be a problem when Microsoft include MTX. CoD has had map packs since the 360 era. Fortnite, Apex and Rocket League have bought with them a new era of cosmetic MTX and, whisper it quietly, but even narrative driven games like Uncharted and The Last of Us have hundreds of MTX. GT Sport, another racer, also has MTX. Basically, it’s completely normal.

I never bought any DLC for FH4 and it was still a complete game, I don’t see the issue.

Soosa

Banned

These are people who purchased the premium edition and the premium add-ons. Game Pass subscribers can't play it through their subscriptions yet. Insane for 4 whole days before release.

Before these FH5 news and threads honestly thought that Forza is just smaller/medium sized random car game series like need for speed etc, aka people have heard about it, but it is not that famous and popular / iconic like gran turismo is.

But now it looks like it is similarry popular like gran turismo?

Maybe this is US thing, because I havent ever met any gamer whom would say that they play forza with passion or that it would be somewhat big and popular game. Playstation is so strong in my country that I dont even know real xbox only gamers and I am only one in my group that is going to buy series x. And people always ask "why in the hell" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And I'm not downplaying or dimishing Forza at all, just telling how weird it feels to be gamer since 80's and NOW find out that there have been this really popular racing series since OG xbox, but somehow the popularity havent reached my corner of the world in form of news until now. I have even owned few forza games for OG+360, yet they never felt as big as gran turismo, because "noboydy" talked about them here.

I guess it almost feels like somebody would now notice that "what, you say this super mario is popular platformer game? but isnt the rayman the most popular one.."

If you buy the premium add-on DLC aren't you able to access the gamepass version early too?
Honest question: Why would you want/need gamepass version, if you already have bought the normal version + DLC?

I mean, does it add something more? Or is the point that then you can sell your physical copy, assuming it stays on gamepass forever?

Or you can buy the premium dlc only (no game), and then get the full game on gamepass early?

rofif

Banned
Are you forced to buy them? Can you win the same cars or buy them and tune them better?

Fuck trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Save your energy for an actual problem.
I played fh4 and all fun cars are locked behind packs and are taunting you in the menus. Am I wrong?

Boss Mog

At the same time isn't this the first big first party exclusive game for the system that some have had for nearly a year. Not surprised that Xbox owners are thirsty. I look forward to playing it on Tuesday, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

DavidGzz

Well....that guarantees most XGS will have some incentive for early access right before a weekend. Game Pass is still amazing but that fact stings a bit. Oh well, I'll do it for certain games and MS knows it. May has well profit even more because of the people willing to pay more than their Game Pass fee.

Fredrik

I played fh4 and all fun cars are locked behind packs and are taunting you in the menus. Am I wrong?
That’s such an exaggeration. Or you must have a very specific taste in cars. I’ve played this IP for hundreds of hours, I never buy car packs and it’s still my favorite racing game serie. Infact right now I’m waiting on the standard edition just so I don’t get anything packed in ”for free” that could break the game progression.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

PS plus and gamepass are totally different entities , try comparing gamepass and PS now or does that not work because gamepass has better numbers?

ps plus is the same as Xbox live

why come into an Xbox thread and mouth off about PlayStation 🙄🙄🙄

Dr.Morris79

Guilty as charged.

My god though, this is the driving game i've wanted for years, the map is pure heaven to drive around. As much as I liked the other Forzas I always found the maps a bit pants to drive, there was always some annoying shite in them. Too much traffic, the roads just wernt 'long' enough, the handling felt off, something..

But this? Perfection. I've basically been just driving around in my own Focus for most of it and even that feels good enough, and theres 400+ more cars to test :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The sounds, graphics, music, damn, I dont think i've ever been glued to a racing game till two in the morning in my life...

I really hope TDU 3 will be good too on that note.

Top Bottom