• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 surpasses 1M players in Early Access (100 USD edition purchase or 40 USD pass for Game Pass subs)

schuey7

20211106_164100l9jtp.jpg

Its crossed 800k. Really great to see .

Topher

Gold Member
Using the $1 GP promo towards 1 month of GP is a waste. Keep an eye on Newegg and others, especially during Black Friday season, for $50 and under 12-months XBL Gold. Cancel your sub and stop auto-pay, or if you're new just make sure to redeem the Gold first. Then redeem your Gold first, then use the $1 promo. You'll get 13-months of GP Ultimate for $51. You can even stack up to 3yrs and covert it. That would be 37 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $151. Think about the value that brings. You are being hooked the fuck up by a trillion dollar company. DO IT!

Or use Microsoft Rewards and pay absolutely nothing. Imagine all the games coming from Microsoft the next few years and not having to hand over a dime to play any of them.

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I have game pass ultimate on PC. Why can't I play it?

Do I need to purchase a game I will have for free in november 9th, in order to play it today? Where is the value in that?

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
You can’t play it because it’s not out yet. If you buy the premium add-ons pack you get early access and can play since Friday.

The value is that on the 9th, you get the base game for free. If you want the dlc and early access, then there is the premium dlc bundle.

I see the price 99€ in the store for the premium.

Meaning that having the gamepass ultimate or not, I would have to pay the same to play the game.

So I would be paying the full game price for a game I will have for free on day 9, with the benefit of DLC blundles, that I can buy by themselves for cheaper than 99€ later on.

I don't understand why I am GPU and I am seeing the 99€ price.

reksveks

I see the price 99€ in the store for the premium.

Meaning that having the gamepass ultimate or not, I would have to pay the same to play the game.

So I would be paying the full game price for a game I will have for free on day 9, with the benefit of DLC blundles, that I can buy by themselves for cheaper than 99€ later on.

I don't understand why I am GPU and I am seeing the 99€ price.

Have a look for something like https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9mz0sr207mg8.

The question for each person is whether the 35 gbp or its European equivalent is the right price of the early access and the items in the dlc.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If I could get the Gamepass discount on premium I'd be one of those but it's not discounting for me on PC.

small_law

Doesn’t surprise me. There’s way more hype for FH5 than the coverage would suggest. Every refinement Playground Games added to FH4 over the past three years made it into FH5. They earned a lot of fans by supporting FH4 so well, which was a great game out of the box already. Add to that a thin release calendar this fall and a Series X/S user base hungry for a new game.

I don’t see why it’s shocking that a casual arcade racing game can do this well. The genre has been around for literally 40 years.

FMX

Well Last of Us 2 did 4 million at 60$. Besides Overall Gamepass revenue is half that of PS Plus according to the estimates based off of Official latest Quarterly revenue from Xbox (3.59 Billion) vs Playstation (5.86 Billion)
There is always one in the bunch. No one asked you about PS Plus or Last of Us. What does that have to do with Forza 5? Some of you guys need to get a life or a girlfriend--which ever one comes first.

nikolino840

Hmmm. So many different release dates. I thought it was November 9th. I thought you could play it today with Game Pass. So confusing. And asking for more money to play it early? Kind of messed up. There really only should be a single release date for a game, no matter what version. But that ship has sailed. For trying to be so inclusive, this game sure is exclusive.
Lost judgment done the same..i have played early with the deluxe edition..

Leyasu

Banned
I'm sure it will do fine sales wise, but people read too much into player counts as there are too many other variables at play, it doesn't matter which game it is, or on what platform. Also I hear the game was cracked yesterday, so there are now pirates sailing the seas alongside, good luck indeed.
Yeah man, nearly 700k reviewers and influencers got codes. The reality is that less than 100k people ponied up

On Demand

Banned
Who cares? We need to know UK boxed copy sales before anyone gets excited…

I love when somebody randomly brings up a discussion point from a completely separate topic to another thread to try and catch a “aha!” moment.

Those threads really hurt you guys huh? Physical games are still being sold. They count. Just because Xbox doesn’t sell as much software doesn’t mean you all get to try and make it irrelevant. It’s going to be ok.

And LOL at players counts. Come on man.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

I love when somebody randomly brings up a discussion point from a completely separate topic to another thread to try and catch a “aha!” moment.

Those threads really hurt you guys huh? Physical games are still being sold. They count. Just because Xbox doesn’t sell as much software doesn’t mean you all get to try and make it irrelevant. It’s going to be ok.

PFRSjOb.gif

The Add On is $45 with the 10% GamePass discount.

The number also includes press, content creator und influencer copies, as well as employees and game sharing, but the number is growing all the time. So when the weekend is done, at least a million will have paid for the premium Editon or premium add on bundle.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I'm sure it will do fine sales wise, but people read too much into player counts as there are too many other variables at play, it doesn't matter which game it is, or on what platform. Also I hear the game was cracked yesterday, so there are now pirates sailing the seas alongside, good luck indeed.

I don't believe pirated copies could even connect to XBL, thus they wouldn't show up in the player count. So that's a pretty bad attempt at knocking the number.

Kilau

Happy to see this series continued success. I've not been able to play nearly as much as I want to yet but I love it so far.

silence shut up GIF by Hyper RPG

Uiki

The cracked copies wont be using any of the online features for obvious reasons, nice jab trying to put the numbers down to pirates though.
What's the obvious reason?

You were able to play a cracked copy of fh4 online with everybody else up until a couple of months ago.

Allandor

Surely this also includes all the reviewers and influences that were given a code? That's why number of players never gives a clear indication of sales nowadays.
I guess we can remove a few thousand because of that ... still >800.000k remaining with early access.

I must say I'm struggling. Sure I will buy the expansion pass at some point, but never got interested in the car-pass.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Surely this also includes all the reviewers and influences that were given a code? That's why number of players never gives a clear indication of sales nowadays.

and if it does , does that mean they don’t count as players? How many of those people do you think there are? I would guess a couple of hundred maybe?

onesvenus

I am happy to line the pockets of the devs as they deserve every penny.
You say this as if you can't do it if you are paying for Gamepass. I've bought more games than any other generation due to being able to try them before buying.

Before these FH5 news and threads honestly thought that Forza is just smaller/medium sized random car game series like need for speed etc, aka people have heard about it, but it is not that famous and popular / iconic like gran turismo is.
Forza Horizon 4 was played by 24 million players. It's not small at all

Top Bottom