• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
why wont the f3 site load for me? all i get is forza 2 and a half loaded f3 page when i go to one of the links (like the forums)

The cars look fantastic! The only thing that's remotely under par here is the texture work on the roads, but that won't matter when you're whizzing by it so it's a great trade off for cars and cockpits like that!!

Between GT5, Dirt 2, etc. all these car games are becoming one big mess of awesome.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
a TON of new stuff/gameplay on FM3 woooo I can't waaaaaaaait to see more on this !! lol

in car view is going to be INSANE for FM, not to mention flipping a freaking car over oh man.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mattlikewhoa said:
God...Does that ever look amazing!!! I can't wait to see this in motion...

Dude from what I saw.. it looks like you can do ANYTHING with that editor, you can make some crazy movies lol.

jett

D-Member
What ever happened to chespace's "but cockpit view are too demanding!"? :p

Forza 3 is looking real good. The lightning reminds me a lot of GT5P.

Two more. I seriously can't wait. Che tell the team us Forza heads are hyped.

mttk76.jpg

huq6h3.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
1) THANK YOU FOR MY JAGGY FREE FORZA ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE!

2) I know the physics are there (or better!) but the game looked a bit floaty during the demonstration. Am I crazy? Just me?

3) Didn't really get to see the new livery editor in action...

4) HOLY SHIT COCKPIT VIEW

5) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

skybaby

God damn that looks amazing. I never thought the 360 could rival that other series in the graphics department, but it looks like it might be a contender.

GOOD FOR US GUYS!

Niks

Man track detail is amazing! That rocky track looks awesome to drive. Elevation changes ftw.
Car models and lighting are still not on par with GT but, great nonetheless.
:D

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
eso76 said:
EDITED AGAIN: Removing the GT5 comment, suffice to say i'm UTTERLY IMPRESSED if that's what we can expect ingame (minus that amount of AA, obviously).
I was not expecting a leap half this big in such a short time. FM3 skyrocketed to number one of my most wanted list.

:lol yeah I was waiting for someone to finally bring up Gran Turismo.

Game looks good, but something just seems off, might look better in video than in screenshots.

Rad Agast

Wow, the environements look really nice. Che, is there a download link to all the videos you guys have at the main site?

FTWer said:
:lol yeah I was waiting for someone to finally bring up Gran Turismo.

Game looks good, but something just seems off, might look better in video than in screenshots.

They brought it up enough on stage. :lol

Game looks great, can't wait to check it out.

Che, did you guys remodel the cars? The cars in the shots shown are almost definitely not using the same models as F2. They look WAYYY higher poly and higher quality. And does the rolling apply to all cars, or just certain classes of cars?

Man, I can't tell you how freaking pumped I was when I saw how it looked, then how much more pumped i got when it pulled the view in the cockpit, then how even MORE pumped I got when the car started rolling.

blanky

Anyone saw btw, Alfa's in there :D 8C atleast. Only need the new GT-R and i'm satisfied. I also wonder what 50 tracks mean ;p and the track shown looks like a point to point that would be sweet.

Pimpbaa

Looks awesome. I just hope there are more varied and less restricted events in 3. It felt like I was forced to use cars I didn't want to too much in Forza 2.

Ranger X

Tons of cars -- CHECK
60 fps -- CHECK
Beautifulism -- CHECK
Cockpit view -- CHECK
Everything great Forza 2 was -- CHECK

Polyphony better fasten their seatbelt because the race is on and they DON'T have the headstart.

This was one of the more impressive showings. I loved the environment detail, something that is often lacking in sim racing games.

eso76

ok, i've seen the trailer.
I think i've seen a couple framerate hiccups here and there, so that means it's genuine replay footage edited together ?

if so i'd like to virtually shake hands with the guys at Turn 10. I didn't think that was possible.

Forza 2 + more race modes + cars + tracks + replay editor + cockpit view + improved physics + cars flipping + those graphics...wow. i'm in awe.
i don't think anything will top this as game of the show for me.

Rad Agast

I have all three videos on constant loop. I like the music in the first trailer ;-)

To the people mentioning "floaty cars", I'm guessing that video was using cars with drift settings. Controls are the least of my worries with this game.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Pimpbaa said:
Those are clearly industry standard bullshots (I know the actual game will still look great tho).

When they were in the cockpit during the demo I didn't see any jaggies.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Pimpbaa said:
Those are clearly industry standard bullshots (I know the actual game will still look great tho).

Uh, no. Straight photomode ingame shots with no touchups.

Easily my highlight of the show. PD has seriously gotta pull something out of their arse now. Delayed till 2000 and never confimed

Hajaz

that third vid with the white audi and the crash at the end cant be real time can it? notice it doesnt say its real time like the first one

If they can pull off cars crashing, racing physics, and those insane reflections at 60 fps I'll be amazed (and thrilled).

I realy want to learn what they have instore for the online portion of the game.

chespace said:
Uh, no. Straight photomode ingame shots with no touchups.

I would hope photomode didn't need touchups.
Physics seemed ridiculous, cars bouncing around like mario kart.
Anyways, everyone, continue with your masterbating.

They talked so highly of this game during the press conference "Best racer EVAR" but honestly I wasn't impressed. It's Forza, meh

Lol they are always thinking of Gran Turismo, it looked good though.

Top Bottom