• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

Rad Agast

chespace said:
Uh, no. Straight photomode ingame shots with no touchups.

Please please please please tell me there's an American Collectors Edition this time around Che. I have the PAL CE for Forza 2 but this time around I'm buying the NTSC version. If not, make sure the European version is region free if at all possible.

Did I mention how awesome this game looks by the way? Turn 10 delivers yet again.

Pimpbaa

chespace said:

Photomode is just giving the user the ability to create their own bullshots. All these games with photomode adds tons of AA and depth of field which in no way represents what the game looks like motion. I wanna see some framebuffer grabs :D

Definitely sounds very good indeed.

"Best looking racing game ever" or whatever can be debated, but it certainly looks visually accomplished, as in great. Proper damage and cars rolling is quite a feat. Cockpits is a welcome addition. 60 FPS once again is delightful. The tracklist is surely padded by reverse versions and all that, but even if there are only 40 actual tracks, that would actually not be so "only". And the fictional track on display here is looking spiffy. Always thought the fictional tracks in previous games were lacking, but this one looks cool. Replay/video editor is nifty and looks too good to be true judging by that video. Surely they haven't got full on movie editing software in there or what's going on?

Maybe some stuff I forgot due to information overload, but I'm a big fan of what's going on with this game.

JayDub

chespace said:

First of all, Che, thank you for taking gamer's suggestions and giving them to the devs. I am 99% sure that you directly influenced the implementation of most of the things we wanted.

Regarding your comment, I notice you say photomode. Forza 2 looked, IMO, horrible in game. In replay it looked awesome, even jaggy free. Is it safe to assume we will be seeing less detail, more jaggies in game?

Realistically, some details and jaggies will be present, but will it be as noticeable? Even GT5 in game dont look as good as it does in replay, but the difference between the 2 wasn't as big as Forza 2's.

daw840

This looks awesome. I loved FM2, but this seems to be a tremendous leap from that. I hope it delivers as well as this looks.

Smokey

holy shit how will polyphony respond to this?

seriously, how long has gt5 been in development?

there will be TWO Forza games out inbetween GT 4 & 5, and fuck if Forza 3 doesn't look amazing plus the amount of features packed into the game = o_0

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
whitehawk said:
Holy shit, pretty much looks just as good as GT5, or at least very close.

the cool thing is the hellacious amount of damage you can do now by flipping the car over and all with GOD PHYSICS.

we need that E3 gameplay demonstration up!

Slayer-33 said:
the cool thing is the hellacious amount of damage you can do now by flipping the car over and all with GOD PHYSICS.

we need that E3 gameplay demonstration up!

was there a gameplay demo? From what i saw, it looked like they were all just videos playing n the big screen. As for the cars flipppin', i thought those were cgi's and not realtime... :/ Still hoping for cars flippin and shit though hehe

J-Rzez

ram said:
three games and the car models are still looking weired.

To be fair, it has to deal with damage and custom paintjobs. That's probably the reason why they can't quite nail that PD look. It's still a pretty significant upgrade from FM2's visuals though.

I'm not sure, but did the guys on stage think that this was the "definitive" racer this gen, I mean, I think they were implying that, or repeating it over and over like the "meow game" from Super Troopers.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
soujiro_seta said:
was there a gameplay demo? From what i saw, it looked like they were all just videos playing n the big screen. As for the cars flipppin', i thought those were cgi's and not realtime... :/ Still hoping for cars flippin and shit though hehe

yeeeesssssssss the guy grabbed a controller and slammed his car into the wall, the thing flippled over (in car view) while flipping too :lol

Apex

30igw3b.jpg

!

jett

D-Member
chespace said:

Bullshots these days means "rendered at an uber high resolution with an insane amount of AA"

So yeah.

BrokenSymmetry said:
From the new website:

They really are going all-out in making the game accessible to newcomers...
I hope you're not trying to infer this is a bad thing. The more fun more people can have with it the better. If there's one thing Codemasters did well with GRID it was the ability to rewind the gameplay if you made a boo-boo. Yet another welcome addition to this game. It just seems clever all over, like they've thought of everything. I'm sure they haven't, but positively surprised I am.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Apex said:

realtime reflections confirmed?

anyway you guys need to know that, that video is the unrealistic designed trailer, the cars turn on the dime to make quick 180's for the video editor fun mode thing lol.

don't get fooled by the 'TRAILER' and the unrealistic driving, they did this last time with FM2

wait til you see the real gameplay vid.

Earlier on I wanted to reply and say that turn 10 have done a great job (on everything we seen so far) but gaf was giving the 500, but congrats che and turn 10 for what looks like an amazing game, coming from someone who is still playing forza 2 :)

Keep it up! and I hope we get a demo soon,

omg rolling cars omg

eso76

Apex said:

this video is obviously rendered. At some point you even see cars reflecting each other.
First video appears to be realtime though and that's more than enough to compete with...uh...i mean, for me, yeah, i mean that's more than enough for me.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
soujiro_seta said:
Sold Out....

@Slayer

Really? Fcuk, i must have missed it... my g4 stream was lagging when they were showing the FM3 part of MS' keynote.... arrgghhhhhh

yeah it was brief but it WAS gameplay lol, the start of the lap etc etc guy hit the first turn and boom! lol

JoJo13

Banned
-viper- said:
Wow, looks REALLY good. Looks even better than GT5:p.

I don't think so. Lighting and car models aren't nearly as good.

Looks great though. Big improvement from Forza 2.

I have a feeling Turn 10 is going to eat their words regarding 'definitive' this and that...they sound really insecure.

filopilo

J-Rzez said:
To be fair, it has to deal with damage and custom paintjobs. That's probably the reason why they can't quite nail that PD look.

To be more real ,it's because the cheaper little hands that modeled the cars in china are a little less talented than in-house PD modelers .. :)

kevm3

How is it that 2 Forzas are going to get released several months before even 1 GT hits the market? Crazy.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Pimpbaa said:
Photomode is just giving the user the ability to create their own bullshots. All these games with photomode adds tons of AA and depth of field which in no way represents what the game looks like motion. I wanna see some framebuffer grabs :D

There isn't a single racing game out there with real-time DOF (exterior view) and tons of AA.

If you want framebuffer, you should watch the in-game footage video on FM.net. That is literally captured straight from replay cameras.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
filopilo said:
To be more real ,it's because the cheaper little hands that modeled the cars in china are a little less talented than in-house PD modelers .. :)

I don't know man, this is the very same reason with kaz yamauchi said he didn't want to do real time damage on the bodies of the vehicles, he didn't like how they looked or something.

keep that in mind the forza cars deform pretty well ;p I think the issues people might have with the look of forza has to do with the lighting and the colors

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
eso76 said:
this video is obviously rendered. At some point you even see cars reflecting each other.
First video appears to be realtime though and that's more than enough to compete with...uh...i mean, for me, yeah, i mean that's more than enough for me.

Yes, you can see other cars in your reflection cube maps now. Looks insane in hood view when you're chasing down a rival in a corner. :D

Rad Agast

I'm still watching the trailers :lol

Fuck me, this is so good. Now give me an U.S. CE and I'm all set.

Come on Rocktober!

4 months until release.... that is simply crazy.

I really hope there is a pre-release demo, not because I need to be sold on the game, but because the earlier that Forza 3 (not matter how small a portion) is in my hands, the better! :D

Looking forward to the full reveal of tracks in the game.

Top Bottom