• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

sinnergy

twinturbo2 said:
1856_0010.jpg

Wait, what?

They're putting this shitbox in the game?

If the game forces me to start in this, I'm getting Need for Speed Shift instead. Unless the starter money is high enough for me to get something a little less embarassing. Next thing you know, Turn 10 is going to put license tests in the game... :kittonwymaf.jpg:

What are the specs from this car? I mean not all small cars are shit..

I would love to see a Citroen Saxo VTS 120 hp in the game.. those cars are fast and have excellent handling.

Maybe this car is like that..

twinturbo2 said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/11031/1856_0010.jpg[IMG]

Wait, what?

If the game forces me to start in this, I'm getting Need for Speed Shift instead. Unless the starter money is high enough for me to get something a little less embarassing. Next thing you know, Turn 10 is going to put license tests in the game... :kittonwymaf.jpg:[/QUOTE]
Are you one of those people who HATE class D racing because you expect everything to go 200mph?

Ainigma

Neo Member
Stop It said:
Well, to be honest, the headlamps are a dead giveaway, the front end isn't 100% accurate (Angles mostly, but nothing major) and the rear-side window looks off.

However, the fact that I had to go into such minute detail to pick any flaws in the design here shows how damn good the modeling is, top notch.

Oh, that Mazda picture...fuck, I honestly thought that was a real picture for a while until I looked harder, incredible.

I've recently restarted playing Forza 2 in preparation for Forza 3, if the game manages to play as well as that game and look like this I cannot see myself playing any other racer this year, frankly.

The real car has a driver....

Rad Agast

twinturbo2 said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/11031/1856_0010.jpg

Wait, what?

If the game forces me to start in this, I'm getting Need for Speed Shift instead. Unless the starter money is high enough for me to get something a little less embarassing. Next thing you know, Turn 10 is going to put license tests in the game... :kittonwymaf.jpg:

If it's like Forza 2, you'll start with a small collection of D class cars to pick from and work your way up. My favorite part in Forza 2 was upgrading D class cars and get them as high in the power/performance ranking as possible.

If you had the right parts on, you can use the same car for most of the career mode events.

Dina

Diablohead said:
Are you one of those people who HATE class D racing because you expect everything to go 200mph?

D always was fun to me. A lot less forgiving then those S-classes. Races also tend to take under 15 minutes, which I liked.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Diablohead said:
No, it's just that with video games, I'd like a little fantasy. I'd like to drive cars I can't afford. Or cars that are at least sporty. The Yaris isn't sporty.

If I can start with a VW GTI, or a MKIII Supra, or a Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo, I won't complain.

See

Ainigma said:
The Cars are really good, so good that I don't like pointing this out.

The real car has a driver....
k2xpvs.jpg

Looks like a driver to me ;)

acm2000 said:
driver can be turned on and off, che (or someone else) already confirmed this, doubt you can move the car tho

edit: Dings meltdown over... well, absolutely nothing at all, is awesome, must be a tag for him in all that mess somewhere :lol
Yeah.. I think I might have brought it up earlier in this thread but I don't think Che confirmed it.

Rad Agast

twinturbo2 said:
No, it's just that with video games, I'd like a little fantasy. I'd like to drive cars I can't afford. Or cars that are at least sporty. The Yaris isn't sporty.

If I can start with a VW GTI, or a MKIII Supra, or a Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo, I won't complain.

You could start with a GTi or a Cobalt SS in the previous version. I don't see why they would not allow you to have similar performance options in Forza 3. There are 400 cars in the box upon release (not to mention the DLC stuff if the rumors about that are true which should add about a 100 more) so I'm sure they'll be capable of satiating the tastes of a wide audience.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Rad Agast said:
You could start with a GTi or a Cobalt SS in the previous version. I don't see why they would not allow you to have similar performance options in Forza 3. There are 400 cars in the box upon release (not to mention the DLC stuff if the rumors about that are true which should add about a 100 more) so I'm sure they'll be capable of satiating the tastes of a wide audience.
Yeah, I know about the starter cars in Forza 2, I expect the same options in Forza 3.

Anyways, considering the fact that you can add custom liveries to the race cars now, it shouldn't be long before someone comes up with a replica of the BMW M3 GTR in NFS Most Wanted. I've seen that paint scheme on the regular E46 M3's, but it just didn't look right to me.

Rad Agast

twinturbo2 said:
Yeah, I know about the starter cars in Forza 2, I expect the same options in Forza 3.

Anyways, considering the fact that you can add custom liveries to the race cars now, it shouldn't be long before someone comes up with a replica of the BMW M3 GTR in NFS Most Wanted. I've seen that paint scheme on the regular E46 M3's, but it just didn't look right to me.

Is that confirmed? If it is then I'll have to start planning my livery work for Rocktober :D

eso76

Rad Agast said:
Is that confirmed? If it is then I'll have to start planning my livery work for Rocktober :D

yup, it's been confirmed by Dan himself during some interview; you can paint over racing car liveries too in FM3

T Ghost

newsguy said:
Holy shit @ the Mazdaspeed 3. When my lease is up I want that.

If you want that you gotta have to get it used or go grab the very last brand new ones still in the stores. This is the 2009, not being produced anymore. You can get the 2010:

2010mazdaspeed3.jpg

I just traded my (really economic on gas but seriously underpowered and slooooow) '05 Nissan Sentra SE for a 2010 M3S hatchback this month, it's the sport trim, 2.5 engine, 5 speed manual AND auto gearbox (really quick shift time for a no clutch manual gearbox) and etc but not mazdaspeed trim. I'm in love with the car, so much stuff, power awesome handling for relatively so little money!

About the latest SS from F3, I am REALLY impressed with the game and thinking seriously about getting a better wheel to replace my MS wheel just for FM3.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Xirj said:
Please tell me we won't be seeing those rediculous glowing disc brakes on pretty much every car as in FM2.

The truth is, disc rotors glow red hot under heavy braking. That said, we've revamped and tuned how the rotors go molten hot visually so it looks much more naturally.

Xirj said:
Please tell me we won't be seeing those rediculous glowing disc brakes on pretty much every car as in FM2.

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous have brakes glow red-hot when braking from 40 mph in FM2. The effect was simply overdone. With any luck it will be substantially toned down in FM3.

EDIT: Che to the rescue! Good to hear it's been addressed.

I know there are some Firebirds/Formula/Trans Ams that were announced, but is there anything on a last generation Trans Am being in this game? It's probably one of the choice few cars I've ever wanted in any of these racing sims, and nobody ever does it. Theres always a ton of Camaros and very few if none Firebirds or T/As.

amb3gy.jpg

Pleaseeee?

chespace

Lionheart1827 said:
I know there are some Firebirds/Formula/Trans Ams that were announced, but is there anything on a last generation Trans Am being in this game? It's probably one of the choice few cars I've ever wanted in any of these racing sims, and nobody ever does it. Theres always a ton of Camaros and very few if none Firebirds or T/As.

amb3gy.jpg

Pleaseeee?

Sorry. We have not announced any such cars.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
OuterWorldVoice said:
How am I going to cruise Forza 3's high schools then?

Don't worry, there aren't any people in the Forza world to impress (going by the empty stands, pits, etc.). You'd just be circling around an empty building.

Spaceman Spiff said:
New JDM screens:

bjbzeq.jpg

Looks so damn good.

EVO nosing ahead of the STI? Clear bias on the part of Turn10. It's a fact that an STI knocked up Mary Mother of Jesus, Dan Brown told me so. And is a destroyer of Satans chariot the EVO.

Lost sale.

Muerte_X

chespace said:
Sorry. We have not announced any such cars.

The specs are identical to a 4th gen camaro. Like the 2002 one in the last game. All it would take is a reskin. I know that it's a lot more complicated than I'm making it sound. But is there any chance? DLC? Lol. :(

Muerte_X said:
The specs are identical to a 4th gen camaro. Like the 2002 one in the last game. All it would take is a reskin. I know that it's a lot more complicated than I'm making it sound. But is there any chance? DLC? Lol. :(

I know, with hundreds of cars in these racing sim games(with about 20+ evos, not sure of Forza3 obviously) I never understood why they couldn't put a last gen T/A in. For awhile I thought it was due to licensing rights because of the actual Trans American race or whatever.

Obviously I'm nitpicking, but I'm sure everyone that posts here wants to drive their favorite car, and every time a new racing sim comes out its the first car I hope to appear.

Anyway, can't wait to pick this up day one, its shaping up to be the best racing sim ever. I gotta put my preorder in. :D

See

AndersTheSwede said:
EVO nosing ahead of the STI? Clear bias on the part of Turn10. It's a fact that an STI knocked up Mary Mother of Jesus, Dan Brown told me so. And is a destroyer of Satans chariot the EVO.

Lost sale.

Looks like they are going into a corner, so the STI breaked early and would have over taken it while coming out of the corner :)

Also, look at the EVO's break disk, just starting to get hot, how the very edge is a little orange! looks a million times better than Forza 2/

chespace

... doesn't mean the car is in or out! :D

Just means we haven't announced any such car(s).

chespace

Zaptruder said:
Marketing Shill translation: That's the first time we even thought about that car.

Given that this is like the billionth time someone has asked for a TA/Firebird model... I mean, Really?

saladine1

Oh how i'd like to get my hands on T10's PR guys...
I'll try and knock some sense into them about giving us some in game videos..

saladine1 said:
Completely off topic, I've just had to give in and adblock your avatar. Nothing wrong with it... but it's filling me with impure thoughts. :lol

saladine1 said:
If memory serves correct, we waited a long-ass time before we finally got direct feed of FM2 (Mugello replay). It was something like 4 or 5 weeks before release. I'm guessing they'll do the same this time around too, although I'd love to be wrong about that.

saladine1

Psychotext said:
Completely off topic, I've just had to give in and adblock your avatar. Nothing wrong with it... but it's filling me with impure thoughts. :lol

Yea, I probably should change it...

BCD2 said:
If memory serves correct, we waited a long-ass time before we finally got direct feed of FM2 (Mugello replay). It was something like 4 or 5 weeks before release. I'm guessing they'll do the same this time around too, although I'd love to be wrong about that.
Wasn't there a lot of stuff cut before the actual release of FM2? If that list of cuts for FM3 is to be believed, I guess they wanted to see what could make the game before announcing anything.

Microsoft doesn't give their first party studios enough time to make their games.
"Most of the cuts came about because there is immense pressure to hit the release date. There are careers on the line with this one, because FM1 and FM2 were so late. There WILL be a game called FM3 ready to go for October, the only question has been what kind of game it will be. "

rjcc

BCD2 said:

and of course the first videos will be gametrailers/ign someone else with shitty compressed video exclusive

Atrophis

SimpleDesign said:
Wasn't there a lot of stuff cut before the actual release of FM2? If that list of cuts for FM3 is to be believed, I guess they wanted to see what could make the game before announcing anything.

Microsoft doesn't give their first party studios enough time to make their games.
"Most of the cuts came about because there is immense pressure to hit the release date. There are careers on the line with this one, because FM1 and FM2 were so late. There WILL be a game called FM3 ready to go for October, the only question has been what kind of game it will be. "

Pretty sure that list is bunk. Didnt it claim that there would be no new real world tracks? *looks at de la Sarthe vids*

Top Bottom