• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

Saiyu

Hajaz said:
people need to let go of the whole g25 thing
its obviously not gonna happen. you bought a wheel that was clearly advertised as ps3/pc only...
whats beyond me is how people can buy a g25 at this point , hoping that itll somehow get supported on 360.. atleast wait and see what G27 supports

that said, its ashame that the fanatec wheel is so expensive in europe... maybe ill have someone bring me one from the US if currency rates remain the same

Heh, that's why I bought my playseat last month so I didn't end up spending 600 or so once F3 shipped. Interesting idea about the US import, might have to look on ebay once it's out.

Iknos

Woo-Fu said:
I don't think it is impossible for Microsoft to loosen up the requirements via software. If it was strictly a hardware issue then the 360 would not be able to use USB keyboards for anything.

At the end of the day the G25 doesn't work on the 360 for one reason and one reason alone: Microsoft doesn't want it to. Hardware excuses are just that: excuses.

I don't have a problem with that, I knew it going in.

According to Logitech its a hardware issue. They would need a bit more hardware in the G25 to make it compatible because the 360 uses XID compared to HID on the PC.

The alternative is to make a XID compatible wheel with a dongle to make it HID compatible. This is what is happening with the lower cost Fanatec wheel "Pure Edition". The rest of their multiplatform wheels have that stuff built in it seems.

It would be more expensive to make the XID wheel and that is probably why Logitech is not doing it. Why make a wheel that has costly components when many users may not even use the platform it was intended for? If 1/3 use it for 360, 1/3 for PC and 1/3 for PS3 that means 2/3 are using the XID wheel with a HID dongle and that doesn't make sense. Plus all of these wheels would need a 360 headset jack as well along with all the hardware to make that work. Doesn't make sense to jack up the production costs of all wheels like that.

Fanatec has taken that risk and hopefully it pays off for them.

snoopers

I am multitalented
You're all welcome ;) I wish we had a better player on this vid. Actually I have a video of this track with a better player but he was using the cockpit view, so no 60fps...

cbox

snoopers said:
You're all welcome ;) I wish we had a better player on this vid. Actually I have a video of this track with a better player but he was using the cockpit view, so no 60fps...

no worries, that flip was worth it

acm2000

amar212 said:
That flip has just raised some issues. And those are not pretty ones to be honest.

looked good to me, with such a low center of gravity, its not gonna barrel roll down the track unless you get sideways

people expecting race driver levels of crashes are gonna be very disappointed lol

Psychotext said:
Looked kind of odd to me as well, but I guess its because any crashes I've ever seen with those kind of cars have been much more aerobatic due to the weight of the vehicle (and the usually breaking into pieces).

Yeah, damage was definitely off. The impact of the first car into the wall seemed fine to me, then when the player car hit it I couldn't really tell. Needed an external view to judge what the crash looked like.

eso76

I hope they didn't overdo the flipping cars thing just to show it off; in proper Forza 2 races there are VERY few instances where you'd expect a car to flip but it's brought back to the ground by the no-flipping rule. This one seemed a bit...uhm..gratuitous ? especially for cars with such a low center of gravity

eso76

might be old and fake, but i've just seen this posted in some forum, apparently a list of (some of ?) the SUVs included in the game;

2009 Audi Q7 V12 TDI
2009 BMW X5 xDrive48i
2009 BMW M5 E60
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
2008 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
2009 Jaguar XKR-S
2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
2009 Mercedes ML 63 AMG
2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2008 Volkswagen Touareg R50

Saiyu

I think for the 60fps.

GIF taken from fm.net

jz901l.gif

eso76 said:
might be old and fake

New and official ;)

High Rollers hit the Circuit: Sports-Utility Vehicles and Luxury Sports Cars Cruise onto “Forza Motorsport 3”

“Forza Motorsport 3” fans will be treated to a taste of luxury this season, as Turn 10 unleashes new sports cars and introduces Sports-Utility Vehicles that are sure to change up the game. The formidable line-up will hit the circuits when “Forza Motorsport 3” launches this October on Xbox 360.

Typically, SUVs conjure visions of gas guzzling, road hogging hunks of metal that seem to run counter to everything that one pictures when they think of cars in a racing game. However, Turn 10 sees SUVs for their full unbridled potential. From the Range Rover Supercharged to the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, fans will be able to race, ride, tune and create unique designs on the wide open canvasses that the SUV’s provide. Starting with a collection of Sport Luxury SUVs factory engineered as pure performance machines we invite you to take these stealthy, upgradeable and tunable vehicles and transform them into legit racers. Best of all, with the upgraded Livery editor and full color spectrum to choose from, players will have the opportunity to expand their new designs and reflect their inner “Forza” artist on some of the world’s most impressive sport utility vehicles.

New luxury sports cars also join the race. From the BMW M5 to the hand-built, custom tuned Mercedes SL 65 Black Series, “Forza Motorsport 3” will ignite the passion in drivers who crave speed and power combined with luxury style. Included among the entire roster of new SUV’s and sports cars are the following new additions to “Forza Motorsport 3”:

2009 Audi Q7 V12 TDI
2009 BMW X5 xDrive48i
2009 BMW M5 E60
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
2008 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
2009 Jaguar XKR-S
2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
2009 Mercedes ML 63 AMG
2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2008 Volkswagen Touareg R50

Achievement unlocked: Just like real life

Roll your newly purchased SUV, crashing into a stationary barrier and writing it off in the process.

snoopers

I am multitalented
weedlewalker said:
Why so few cockpit videos? Every video that pops up is bumper cam......

Enviro-Bear 2010 has plenty of video online with cockpit view......

Because cockpit = 30fps whereas bumper = 60fps.

Chinner

Banned
Saiyu said:
I think for the 60fps.

GIF taken from fm.net

jz901l.gif
are you actually able to being to flip and land on your roof or something? everything so far looks like when you flip/crash your car starts to turn over but then gravity gets really heavy and you're immediately pushed back onto the ground.

or will there be options allowing customisation?

Chinner said:
are you actually able to being to flip and land on your roof or something?
There's a few vids out there with cars ending up (and staying) on their roofs.

I've seen one which had a car rolling multiple times too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
maple valley! i was hoping for a different look for it (different season) for a different visual feel, but i'm glad to be able to race on it none the less

eso76

holy crap at some of those pics. lighting in maple valley looks good, interesting without giving stuff a too colourful look

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
image_forza_motorsport_3-11163-1856_0018.jpg

love this shot. the track looks great, the interiors look incredible.

also, looking forward to the inevitable f2 comparisons

bj00rn_

Banned
op_ivy said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_forza_motorsport_3-11163-1856_0018.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

WTF is this shit?

...Oh wait, it was just a speck of dirt on my screen. Nevermind then. Awesome graphics!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Every time I come into this thread, October feels so much further away. :lol

But I always leave the thread with a smile on my face because of how great the game looks :D

Top Bottom