• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

nib95

Banned
op_ivy said:
a bachelor's in religion!?

Yea when I saw that I had a confused look on my face too. My friend recently got a consultancy job at Accenture (tech side) and we shared a similar moment when he informed me the majority of those who got the job had degree's in History or English.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
soundscream said:
How else do you think he squeezed so much out of the 360?

There are other forces at work.....

that beard looked familiar

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Letters said:
Is the Speed Wheel worth it?? A proper wheel is too much hassle for a casual player like me but I want something more than just playing using a controller, so the Speed Wheel seems like a great middleground, but I don't wanna be stuck with a way too subpar accessory.

Also, that thing is out for purchase now no?? It appear to be so, looking at the microsoft store, but Amazon says it releases on Oct 31...

Some friends and I are about to pull the trigger on the MS Store on a few Limited Editions plus the Speed Wheels

Yeah man it is. I picked mine up from Gamestop yesterday and I've really been digging it. It works REALLY well. It's not like the wiiwheel, it is very responsive. I seriously think people should pick it up or at least try it.

Shaneus

Yoritomo said:
Holy crap. Dan is awesome. The issue definitely wasn't intentional. If I understand correctly they're gonna look for a fix but obviously it has to pass cert so it'll take a little bit.
Any chance you could post the back and forth that lead you to that conclusion? I'm curious.

PS. When's the bargo due to drop? God damnit, it's well into the 6th here in Australia!

watership

Big Ass Ramp said:
Thanks for this. Where did you find this out?

On the Giantbomb front page you can see timeline of what's coming up on the site. It's to the right just beside the latest stories column. It's a good way to see what video events are upcoming.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
watership said:
On the Giantbomb front page you can see timeline of what's coming up on the site. It's to the right just beside the latest stories column. It's a good way to see what video events are upcoming.

Ah, ok, thanks.

Iknos

Oh please letbit be true that Dan is looking into it. I would cry tears of happiness. For a month.

I'll be playing with you guys online.

Crashing into walls and all of you.

Because it's hard to see through tears.

Tears of happiness.

The first reply from fan that you posted Dan talked about using FFB to simulate torque on the steering column? I like that. That's is good. It's the 3 assists that was bad I hope this is clear to him.

Assist 1: steering lock at high speeds
Assist 2: wheel oscillation
Assist 3: counter steer input multiplication

Last night I confirmed all of these. in sim steering mode.

When I never encountered these assists...meaning I drove the car safely within it's limits the game felt fantastic.

When I stunt drive or push te car to it's breaking points in order to try to get good lap times the assists pop up and hurt the experience.

Damn i hope this is true. If people like Tanner Foust played this game they couldn't get way with giving him such a faulty "sim" steering mode.

When T10 had formula D racers play FM3 the article said they had troubles and so they got Landin to show them how to drift. The reason why they couldn't likely had more to do with the neutered control than anythig else. Assisted steering means that people who know what theyre doing can't do what they do. And noobs who don't know what they are doing are able to do stuff.

Please T10 do it for all the people who bought not only top class wheels but also top class pedals for your game.

Yoritomo

Shaneus said:
Any chance you could post the back and forth that lead you to that conclusion? I'm curious.

PS. When's the bargo due to drop? God damnit, it's well into the 6th here in Australia!

Lemme ask. If he says it's fine I'll post it all up.

Shaneus said:

Yeah.

Palgn are still writing theirs according to the site *rolls eyes*

nofi

jcutner said:
is this embargo just for all unknown info, or is it a review embargo?

Review, afaik. I'm not far enough into career to give it a score/10 but I've certainly written lots of words, goes live in an hour.

nofi

Big Ass Ramp said:
words are good!

It's all I have. Haven't finished career (it's massive) and only managed a few bits online. I plan to cover other bits over the coming days.

You'll be happy though. :)

Mascot

shadowkhas said:
Amen to that. That's thoroughly disappointing. They had the proper shaders even in Forza 3 for it...so it has to be a conscious gameplay design choice at this point.

I'd dare to say matte paint is one of the most requested things in the game. Really sad that it's not in.

I'm guessing it's because Turn 10 don't want a flood of videos and screen shots released that look like there's an IBL or reflections bug.

samdavis

Neo Member
Shortt Sirket said:
So apparently there is no flat paint option. Some cars (like that Maser) have that option when you buy them, but there is no actual option for flat/matte paint in the paint menu.

Ugh, why would they have that as certain stock paints but not actually available for all cars??

Lack of matte paint is seriously ruining shit for me right now. I know it's a bit irrational but that was, for me, one of other game's saving graces. It obviously had a lot of other stuff wrong with it which caused me to send it back but I was really looking forward to decking out my 240z in matte black and (hopefully) throwing on some real aftermarket parts.

Speaking of that last part, is it reasonable to assume that Forza might throw some spoilers and air dams for older cars in there? Forza brand bumpers are obviously the worst ever.

Anyone in SoCal have any early copies for sale/know if anyone is breaking the street date? I'll seriously hook you up on car parts, computer stuff, I'll even give you free PC games. lol

shadowkhas

Neo Member
Mascot said:
I'm guessing it's because Turn 10 don't want a flood of videos and screen shots released that look like there's an IBL or reflections bug.
I think the collective sigh of "Finally." would outweigh that. Show a matte car next to a metallic one, then.
Their paint system looks very well improved. It's a crying shame that we don't have more levels of customization, if T10 really want to turn car guys into gamers and vice versa.

Read: I want my damn E39 in matte black!

Gek54

Yoritomo said:
Holy crap. Dan is awesome. The issue definitely wasn't intentional. If I understand correctly they're gonna look for a fix but obviously it has to pass cert so it'll take a little bit.

You are my hero. :bow

G Rom

Yep it's a shame about matte paint, especially when it looks so good. Hopefully it can be patched in.
Hit level 26 yesterday, choice of gift car is awesome when you've already bought one of the offered car.

eso76

shinnn said:

now this video looks rather accurate to what the game looks like on my tv. These guys properly adjusted gamma / brightness when asked. Too bad they didn't include a replay.

My car !

286730ti.jpg

2865r1yt.jpg

2861n4ld.jpg

squared

shadowkhas said:
Amen to that. That's thoroughly disappointing. They had the proper shaders even in Forza 3 for it...so it has to be a conscious gameplay design choice at this point.

I'd dare to say matte paint is one of the most requested things in the game. Really sad that it's not in.

Aww come on, ffs! As you said, there's CLEARLY shaders for matte paints, what's the flipping problem T10!?

The fact that we seem to be able to buy cars that are matte from stock is even more ridiculous/stupid, yet we can't paint another car with it? Argh..

saladine1

The older cars sound the best. The howl of a D-Type Jag will rattle your nipples off, and if the snarl of a 351 Cleveland V8 in Forza 4 can't bring Steve McQueen back from the dead nothing can.
Perfect.

nofi

amar212 said:
Great writeup Nofi, congrats!

Praise indeed from you, thanks!

Didn't feel comfortable scoring it as multiplayer has been mostly barren and career is massive, but props to those that threw a score at the end...

Top Bottom