• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

terrible

Banned
I just want really basic things that would likely take little effort to include.

-Personal leaderboards for each class and track. For example I'd like to be able to see the best times for all the S class cars I've raced on Spa. I'd like to see my best times in an Enzo, Huayra, Agera, etc all in one list for each track and be able to race the ghost from any car on the list. I want to say they had that in Forza 2 but I might be mistaken.

-I'd like to be able to race against my ghost again like you could in Forza 4. Each time you beat your old lap time it'd update your ghost on the fly. As it is now you have to leave the race and reload your ghost from the rival leaderboards when you get a new personal best. It's tedious.

-Get rid of the magnet grass. You just touch it and it draws you off the track. I hate that, it makes me fear using all the track sometimes in case I get caught in its magnetic field. There has to be a better way to prevent people from cutting corners.

I bought a xb1 because only because of exclusives like forza. Putting those on PC would be very disappointing since I could have bought a ps4 instead.

I bought my X1 for Forza as well but I'd still love for it to come out on PC. I'd likely double dip

Mascot

I've still got my fingers crossed that the few rumors of Forza heading to PC turn out true. Not getting my hopes up too much, obviously. I miss all the customization.

That would be the best possible outcome, and there are precedents (Gears of War, for example).

Where did this rumour originate from? Can't say I've heard too much about it.

flashmouth

Neo Member
I think it's because of a FM5 DX12 demo shown at a developers conference some time back, should be on youtube. And Phil responded to tweets about Xbox Exclusives coming to PC with something like "we have more to share about that soon", so...

p3tran

Banned
Like Gears of War..?

Gears of War IP and studio was not created by microsoft.

And even on that case, you got only the first game out of four a year later. why the rest didnt show up? any guesses?

Now that microsoft owns studio and ip for gears of war, I think they are on equal grounds as in forza, and have almost equal chance I'd guess to be on pc.

Forza franchise exists inside the logic to create system seller console games though. Such a game/studio would never be built for pc. Just like GT.

Certain regions in Europe simply don't want to buy the Xbox.

For example I could see a PC version of the game outselling the Xbox version in Germany. By far.

There are excellent driving games on PC but the PC is still missing a car collector game like Forza or GT.

p3tran

Banned
Certain regions in Europe simply don't want to buy the Xbox.

For example I could see a PC version of the game outselling the Xbox version in Germany. By far.

There are excellent driving games on PC but the PC is still missing a decent car collector game.

so, lets say in germany forza pc sells 10:1, but in turn that :1 ratio install base goes to :0.01 because no exclusives, on top of no h/w technology beast.

then add the rest of the countries of the world, where results would be kind of similar.

of course I would really like ANY forza game to come to pc, it just doesn't make any sense to me from ms point of view.

I think that ms wanting to "push pc gaming" ie push sales inside their own marketplace, not steam, they'd be far smarter to push via new games than to ..sacrifice their best console ip's
seeing what they already announced with xbox/pc same time and cross play releases (legends, gigantic etc), I think thats the way that makes more sense for them.

now, if win10 marketplace becomes HUGE, then yes, I might be seeing many established heavy hitters arriving.
but I dont think they'll go "if we build it they will come". didnt work exactly like that for them the last time. (pc got gears1 because of it though)

Mascot

If The Beardomeister was a fan of rainy tracks then I think that would increase the chances of a PC version, but I believe he hates precipitation almost as much as he hates motor sport.

p3tran

Banned
If The Beardomeister was a fan of rainy tracks then I think that would increase the chances of a PC version, but I believe he hates precipitation almost as much as he hates motor sport.

I dont think that whatever Dan likes or hates, has even a 5% say on whether this comes to pc or not :)

btw, I still havent met a driver in real life that wishes for ...rain on his trackday :D

Fox Mulder

I dont think that whatever Dan likes or hates, has even a 5% say on whether this comes to pc or not :)

btw, I still havent met a driver in real life that wishes for ...rain on his trackday :D

Sure. I'd rather have day/night instead of rain if we had to choose one, but I do like rain.

It's just fun gaming to race around a track you know with spray in your face. The f1 games did this well. Those games also have a more racing structure that allows for strategies with pitting and tire selection though. Rain is dumb without that really.

Mascot

How about this scenario: FM5 and FM6 remain 'Bone exclusives, but FM1, 2, 3 and 4 are remastered as a PC collection.

Do it Dan, you orange-bearded beauty you.

p3tran

Banned
How about this scenario: FM5 and FM6 remain 'Bone exclusives, but FM1, 2, 3 and 4 are remastered as a PC collection.

Do it Dan, you orange-bearded beauty you.

hehe mascot, you always like to set yourself for disappointment I think :)

lets put it this way: if instead of what you wish for -a grand remaster of all 4 forza games of xbox1 and xbox2 (lol, you can wish to win the lottobucks and still have more chances)-
I would be extremely happy if somehow we get a "ForzaTech" demo down the road with win10/dx12 on pc.
something that will be very limited, and maybe used as an appetizer for forza motorsport on xbone.
still I dont believe this to be very very feasible (but I think it can happen), but you my friend, you better start wishing more feasible wishes :D

and anyway, forza on xbone maintains full resolution and full framerate, so I dont think that running on pc it will be such a huge upgrade. maybe stuff it with AA if you have the power, but thats about it.
I dont think that they would use the extra cpu/gpu power on gaming pc to -lets say- improve the processing budget they have for sound for example, as this would immediately have negative impact on their main platform and reason of existence, the bone.

For me, E3 = a new forza. It is what I look forward to the most.
yes
closely behind for me comes the reveal of gran turismo ps4 (would be equal if I got to play it this september/october like I will forza 6),
then everything else follows.
(and this "everything" actually this year contains a lot of interesting games, so I guess this gen is on a good roadmap for my tastes)

Mascot

Has anyone had a visual on Dan since January? What are the Vegas odds on beard or no beard?

Good odds, I think. This was Dan only yesterday when the Project CARS sales figures were announced:

ScreamingBeard_WEB(pp_w940_h528).jpg

p3tran

Banned

so in pcars topic while talking about porsche, I was given a great link listing all forza 5 engine swaps ( link ), and when I saw that carrera engine is more or less available to rufs, I decided to make a 997 carrera 2s.
in fact I made two of them, one close to oem with better tires, and one lets say slightly tuned (997 ver2)
both are under B category (big downgrade for ruf 12 s), and I put the tuned files up too.
car is nice to handle, and surprisingly competitive in all around online (the ver2).
if anyone wants to have a spin at it, you can find both tune files when searching by creator name, b class.

come on helios, announce the porsche packs!

Noobcraft

I think PC should get a version of Forza Motorsport, perhaps a repurposed Forza 5 with more tracks/features. If it does though it should be different enough from the console builds so as to not cannibalize sales.

There is a DX12 build of Forza 5 in existence already too.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Found via Google Search.

Is this a fake japanese xbox website or did they spoil some FM6 info?
http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/forza-6/6_15/9d32baa8-7b67-4f7e-be5b-79cc868573bc

Or did I just miss this in the media?

There are some weird typos, 50fps?!

What we've been racing towards

Unrelenting action at simulation speed. Race over 450 cars in the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of tihs generation.

As real as it gets

Breathtaking graphics at 1080px resolution and 50 frames per second. Wet weather, 3D puddles, and night racing test your driving skills. Cutting-edge ForzaTech™ engine powers the unrelenting action and stat-of-the-art-physics at simulation speed.

Ultimate car fantasy

The most cars of any racing game this generation. More than 450 cars all immaculately recreated and customizable, and complete with working cockpits and full damage. Tour 26 world-famous locales including Daytone, Rio, and more..

Never race alone

Home of the greatest racing, tuning and painting community in gaming. 2-player split-screen racing, 24-player races, and realistic Drivatar opponents deliver packed tracks and unrivaled action.

27568158-4047-432d-9642-ec64c9448488.jpg

b910ca59-ed0d-45ca-953f-97d113c78ab8.jpg

1a046a20-bf43-4bda-89e3-965d226cc7f9.jpg

I mean, there's a wet Ferrari on a racing track, can't be Forza Motorsport, right?

3D puddles... Next-gen has arrived.

26 courses, 450 cars, 24-person races, day/night, rain... This is so awesome if true. So stoked for E3.

p3tran

Banned
RIO? DAYTONE? 50fps?

holly fuckin' shit!!

450 cars + another ~50 on dlc, ladies and gents, we reached the 500 mark this gen.

26 tracks around the globe...

HELIOS! you come here and tell us the deal man!
you providing some spoilers is 1000% more preferable than reading it from misaligned jp posts and deleted twitter video descriptions!

que: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic

flashmouth

Neo Member
That track on the screen with the new Ford GT could totally be a Rio remake from Forza 1, same style fences and buidlings. Plus there's the FM logo, so this gotta bei FM6 then.

Could they sacrifice 60fps and go for locked 50 instead to bring weather and night racing on board?

Noobcraft

That track on the screen with the new Ford GT could totally be a Rio remake from Forza 1, same style fences and buidlings. Plus there's the FM logo, so this gotta bei FM6 then.

Could they sacrifice 60fps and go for locked 50 instead to bring weather and night racing on board?
They wouldn't. The missmatch between TV refresh rate (60 hz usually) and the game at 50 fps would not be a good experience.

p3tran

Banned
not if they value their beards and feet! I'll cut them clean if they did such stupidity :D

most likely typo from translation of some kind, like daytone instead of daytona, and 1080px better not mean some strange hybrid too :D

skyfinch

Ten year anniversary of Turn 10 so.I'm guessing the return of some original tracks from the last 5 games. Would be nice if all the original tracks were in

Effect

Close to making a decision on picking up an Xbox One and one of the free games I can pick from at the Microsoft store is the GOTY edition of Forza 5. My experience with racing sims is limited to be honest but have an idea of what to expect. Before I refunded I played a bit of Project Cars but something about it didn't click with me. The overall presentation and part of it just felt overwhelming.

Should I bother with Forza 5 now or just wait for the new game? Is there a demo I should go for instead once I get the Xbox One? Hows the difficulty curve? Does the game take into account people new to the franchise and style of game and will ease them into the game instead of toss them in deep with everything unlocked?

Top Bottom