• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

OrangeOak

I know that I am late but I have bought xone today with Forza 5 and I must say that this game has amazing driving model.
At least for me Forza 5 has best physics in comparison to other Forza games.
Drivatars are also super cool.At least from my short experience they drive clean,they watch out for other cars and player but they also make mistakes.Racing now is a lot more interesting.
It plays really amazing on new gamepad but it took some time to adjust to more sensitive sticks.
I bought console only for that game and after maybe 10 hours of playing it I don't regret nothing.
Rivals is amazing as always and it looks and sounds really great.
I can't wait to see what they do with Forza 6.

Hopefully we'll have time of day and weather. Forza 5 is a great foundation to build on - all those tracks can come over to the next, plus a new selection. I think there needs to be some structural changes to the career - but Horizon 2 gives some good ideas how that might work.

It is a nice foundation but I still think night and weather at 1080p/60 is asking a bit too much of the Xbox One. I wouldn't mind if the resolution was scaled back tbh, something like 1280x1080. Curious to see how pCARS handles it.

Maybe T10 will prove me wrong.

I was thinking the same, it might be too much. Perhaps we might see smaller fields - 12 cars in a race with weather/time of day.

I feel Horizon 2 has raised expectations for time of day and weather from the Forza franchise. I must admit although I like those features in Horizon I am not wedded to them for a circuit racer.

Obviously one could scale back the detail to reach 1080p60 with those things but I suspect many gamers wouldn't be happy with a step back in fidelity of each frame.

p3tran

Banned
Maybe T10 will prove me wrong.
they havent showed us yet what they can achieve with the machine out and not in a hurry to launch. (horizon doesnt count because half framerate :p )
plus, I am sure they will be able to squeeze more out of that 5-7% kinect resource release than practically ....anybody else.

but what i hope for, in contrast to you guys, is that they dont spend a single 1/1000th of that on ...superficial stuff.

that dude there in t10 that is the tech chief (Chris Tector, I saw him once for a couple of secs on one video interview from ISR), I'm pretty sure he has not let me down yet. not once. and thats a very tall bill. :D
hopefully he will continue on his streak

Megasoum

Banned
I'm hoping that we will see the same kind of jump in content and quality between FM5 and FM6 that we got between FM2 and FM3.

I'd be happy with that.

Another thing Forza 3 related, although I've complained about the grippyness of F3 I have to admit it gave me more confidence in the cars in the absense of real world forces. Some softer rubber wouldn't go amiss especially in race classes.

I'd be happy with that.

Another thing Forza 3 related, although I've complained about the grippyness of F3 I have to admit it gave me more confidence in the cars in the absense of real world forces. Some softer rubber wouldn't go amiss especially in race classes.

I think we need more tire choices. I'd like tires removed from the PI calculation. Races could then have fixed, or a choice of tires, but all cars would be on a level playing field in that regard.

Currently you can have an A750 and put racing tires on it and keep it below the next level cap, meanwhile the A780 you're up against may in theory be quicker, but with stock tires on will struggle.

gsrjedi

I want them to keep 1080/60 more than I want weather and night. They can't go the GT route of certain tracks with certain features. I want full weather though. Temperature affecting performance/tire wear; wind speed affecting cars with high aero; beyond just tire grip in the wet, rain needs to act like water. Water should puddle based on how much it rained, a dry line should form.

I like that they calculate tires into the PI. I tend to build for grip and will inevitably have a championship that has me in a much slower car that can out handle the rest of the field. Which leads to some really challenging races when you're much slower in a straight line compared to everyone else.

OrangeOak

I would love to see some whole league or two of multi staged championships with points for every race when you drive with team mate.Something like in GRID.Also it would be awesome if you could play it in cooperation.
Also endurance races and everything that comes along with it (tire change,fuel,tactics and animated pitstops)
Add day/night cycle to that and it will be my almost perfect Forza.

I'm hoping that we will see the same kind of jump in content and quality between FM5 and FM6 that we got between FM2 and FM3.

Jump from FM2 to FM3 was in my opinion realy huge and it would be amazing to see something like that again.I don't really think that they can make some big jumps in visuals because Forza 5 in my opinion looks already really good for 1080p/60 fps game but content wise there is always a lot room for improvement.

It's a fun arcade game, but a long way from Forza.

Does it have a half decent career mode?

Oh and on the off chance anyone from T10 is reading can you please consider giving us some cockpit camera options?

I want recreate Forza 3's in height, pitch and fov. Not a dwarf sitting in the back seat and no silly fov to make things look faster.

And make it bumpy. Thanks.

frontieruk

Oh and on the off chance anyone from T10 is reading can you please consider giving us some cockpit camera options?

I want recreate Forza 3's in height, pitch and fov. Not a dwarf sitting in the back seat and no silly fov to make things look faster.

And don't make it bumpy. Thanks.

ftfy

And make it bumpy. Thanks.

Career is okay - but more linear than we are used to in Forza.

Cockpit options aren't so hot. Remember they removed it completely for Grid 2 - and we just got it back (barely) for Autosport.

It's definitely a fun game, handling is better than Driveclub, but I'd advise against spending money on it unless on sale.

Naked Lunch

Finally got my own open wheel car in this game. So much fun. Its like a whole new game. Having Forza mainline and Horizon is a nice one two punch for all of my racing needs.

Any TX owners tried going back to F5 after Horizon?

I did a couple of days ago and although the FWD and AWD cars felt good some of the RWD were totally numb, it was worse than I remember. I'd kill for a patch to bring the ffb up to Horizon's standard.

Bought yesterday this game for 10 euros and I'm really liking so far. Last forza that I played was forza 2 and for me forza 5 is really good. Gonna be playing this game till GT 7 or forza 6 will be released.

I started playing COD, wow got married and kids. That happened. But now, I stopped playing mmo for around 3 years and played other games than racing.

With this being on sale I have a question.

Do I need to buy the Season Car Pass to get all of those extra cars or does that simply just give them to me right away without paying for them with in game currency.

Is the VIP pass worth it?

With this being on sale I have a question.

Do I need to buy the Season Car Pass to get all of those extra cars or does that simply just give them to me right away without paying for them with in game currency.

Is the VIP pass worth it?

If you buy the season pass, car packs or individual DLC cars you'll get the cars free one time only, no in game purchase.

VIP is worth it if you'd like to own every car. There's some extra rival events and the occasional free car too.

If you buy the season pass, car packs or individual DLC cars you'll get the cars free one time only, no in game purchase.

VIP is worth it if you'd like to own every car. There's some extra rival events and the occasional free car too.
Thanks for the heads up. Just to be clear with the DLC pass, can you buy those cars with IGC without the Car Pass? Could I just work towards buying them without the Season pass or are they Season Pass exclusive.

Edit: My thought is I'll just buy the VIP pass and earn the IGC to purchase all the cars as I earn it. If the cars in the DLC are exclusive though I'll just get the season pass.

Get the season pass if you want access to all cars, there's some nice stuff in there although many have been in Forza 4 too. VIP helps you earn the cash to complete your garage if that's your thing.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys

I just wanted to ask for some advice. I am a big car enthusiast. I love driveclub on ps4 and I play it daily, but the ps4 does not have any true sims as of yet and god knows how long it will be until GT7 comes out.

Is it worth getting an xbox one for forza 5?

Jezbollah

Hey guys

I just wanted to ask for some advice. I am a big car enthusiast. I love driveclub on ps4 and I play it daily, but the ps4 does not have any true sims as of yet and god knows how long it will be until GT7 comes out.

Is it worth getting an xbox one for forza 5?

Have you looked into Project Cars?

NickMitch

Fired it up again after about 3 months and MAN! I have played shitloads of Forza Horizon 2 and loving every minute of it, but i never realized how much more arcadey that game is...The weight and feel in FM5 is simply amazing. Soo much harder to manage drifts and oversteering, but the trigger-feedback is so much more sublte and guides your instincts really well. Will keep playing this launch-baby for some time now.

Still though, the loading times are a dread...

Yeah it's nice to swap between the games but as we get closer to FM6 I hope T10 takes note of PG's work (if they are entirely responsible for ffb) for one the strength and immense sense of grip felt through a wheel.

Just got through playing FH and FM back to back with the same cars, lap after lap FM can often be driven by fingertips alone while a fuck up in Horizon tries to break wrists. There's a constant fight with the force feedback on the limit. I feel robbed of the battle back in FM5 :/

Beaten on the gaming side, but the NAIAS at Detroit gets underway next week, and we should also have FM6 to look forward to, what with this being an odd-numbered year and all. Both are pretty neat on their own, sure, but Jalopnik is speculating that:

The New Ford GT (OR GT350) Is Maybe Going To Be The Forza 6 Cover Car:

We've known for a few weeks that an automaker would be holding an event with Microsoft at The Detroit Auto Show. We then learned, courtesy of Ford, that it would be them. Everyone believes a new Ford GT is coming to the Detroit Auto Show. Combine the two bits of news and we arrive at this plausible conclusion: the new Ford GT is the Forza 6 cover car.

We don't know for certain that this is what's happening because neither Ford nor XBOX/Microsoft will comment on what they're going to say, but a Ford invite clearly states they have "News from XBOX" followed, the next day, by a roundtable discussion on "The Art of Performance in Gaming."

What say you, Forza-GAF? Could this be an early FM6 reveal, DLC for FM5 or FH2, or-- someone please hold me-- will Ford's new models all come with beards incubated in air you can taste and texture you can feel?

ShamePain

Banned
Beaten on the gaming side, but the NAIAS at Detroit gets underway next week, and we should also have FM6 to look forward to, what with this being an odd-numbered year and all. Both are pretty neat on their own, sure, but Jalopnik is speculating that:

What say you, Forza-GAF? Could this be an early FM6 reveal, DLC for FM5 or FH2, or-- someone please hold me-- will Ford's new models all come with beards incubated in air you can taste and texture you can feel?

It's all more like big data really.

frontieruk

Ford sync now with Cortana calling it now.

HeliosT10

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that tomorrow on Saturday at 9pm UK/1pm Pacific we're covering a special Twitch event that we're calling the "Forza All-Star Bash".

f87824b0-3c22-4050-a9be-dd577034fd31.jpg

Fourteen of some of the most popular/well known Forza players and streamers will be together for this event all in the same lobby, drifting, driving, drag racing and more and we’ll be there to cover it all (or as much of it as we can). Tune in to the official Forza Twitch channel and follow along with us as we watch the streams of the participants and chat with you. In addition, we’ll be giving away a special All-Star Bash car that you’ll ONLY be able to get by watching our stream. Here’s a sneak peek:

1c00b698-fda4-41a5-89db-3310dd022f5e.jpg

There could also be a few DLC codes up for grabs too and we'll be telling you during the stream where those will be being given away.

zorbsie

It's been too long. Let's get the band back together again. Who's up for some racing this Sunday at 2pm EST? Just fun racing with the old crew and to talk shit. Mostly talk shit. Haven't seen some of you guys online in a long time. Where are you Devildoll? We need to see more 900hp cars. I'll send out a message over live as well in case any one misses this post here.

I tried my hand at some hoppers yesterday but just got stomped it every race. I seem to have really lost my touch/edge after so much Horizon 2 - either that or the Civic is particularly OP in the C500 bracket .

Spades

It's been too long. Let's get the band back together again. Who's up for some racing this Sunday at 2pm EST? Just fun racing with the old crew and to talk shit. Mostly talk shit. Haven't seen some of you guys online in a long time. Where are you Devildoll? We need to see more 900hp cars. I'll send out a message over live as well in case any one misses this post here.

Yep, I'm so in.

Revson

Hey guys, just picked this up the other day out of boredom.

As a longtime competitive Forza player, this game certainly gives me mixed emotions. Driving model feels good so far, I love most of the higher class leaderboard cars, and some of the new tracks are really cool.

However, nearly everything else is a major step back from previous Forza titles. I understand that Turn 10 must have been under extraordinary pressure to get the game out on time, but some of the missing features/changes are just baffling.

Still, I'm enjoying the game much more than I thought I would. I just love Forza too much to quit forever. I'm extremely rusty, which is pretty frustrating, but I think I'll be back up to speed in a few days
hopefully

If any of you guys still playing are interested, I'll post up any tunes I make for various lobby/leaderboard cars.

No set cars just picking randoms on Sunday right?

Top Bottom