• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

JP

Game.co.uk are doing instant delivery d/l car pass codes for £30'ish (I bit yesterday)
Thanks, the price seems to have dropped now. I paid £31:99 (£39:99 a couple of weeks ago) in the Xbox Store which seems to be the new price now as I saw it in town for the same price. Still not exactly cheap for what you get but I will get a lot of use put of it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn the accelerator is fucking cheap. Bought 30 mins as I wanted to level up, and was playing multiplayer. I bought it literally a few seconds before the race started, but only got 2x XP for two races. Starting the 3rd race I had 6 minutes left so I guess it ran out in the middle of the race. You'd think it would give you double XP for that race, but no. Load of bollocks

MouldyK

After like 18 championships, I have decided to do away with Simulated Damage and moved my Difficulty up one to Pro.

My reason: The AI don't suffer damage and I kept having to rewind due to them crashing into me. So I also moved the Difficulty to Pro to balance it out and to become a better driver (even when I have all assists on).

I still rewind a lot, but that is when I don't like the way I did a corner, not because the AI Drivers decided I should die.

Where does everyone else stand in regards to Damage, and even Difficulty?

Damage always simulation, frustrating at times but I can't rely on bumping my way through the pack.

Difficulty depends on the circuit and class. Unbeatable in D-S, I'll just drop it down a notch if I fail a few times in higher classes.

Seanspeed

Banned
After like 18 championships, I have decided to do away with Simulated Damage and moved my Difficulty up one to Pro.

My reason: The AI don't suffer damage and I kept having to rewind due to them crashing into me. So I also moved the Difficulty to Pro to balance it out and to become a better driver (even when I have all assists on).

I still rewind a lot, but that is when I don't like the way I did a corner, not because the AI Drivers decided I should die.

Where does everyone else stand in regards to Damage, and even Difficulty?
Rewind is best for those moments the AI pulls some bullshit on you.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
might be an odd question, but the forza rewards site tracks how many days you've played, and you earn points against it. Does anyone know if you have to actually complete a race to count, or just boot the game up? I want to get to tier 4 for the FH2 free cars, and I'm only about 140 points away so even days played could help (only showing 22 days played)

MouldyK

might be an odd question, but the forza rewards site tracks how many days you've played, and you earn points against it. Does anyone know if you have to actually complete a race to count, or just boot the game up? I want to get to tier 4 for the FH2 free cars, and I'm only about 140 points away so even days played could help (only showing 22 days played)

Well I booted up F4 twice in a day and never raced and it didn't give me points, so it looks like you have to race at least one race.

zorbsie

This might be too late but let's see what happens. How about one more race weekend before Horizon 2 comes out? Here's what I'm thinking:
league_finalweek9dsfh.png

Same time we always start 2:00pm Eastern. Open to everyone.
Rules:
Everyone starts with a P Class car.
Winner and second place go down a class.
Winner picks the next track.
We keep going until someone wins a race with the lowest class car.

Shouldn't take too long to go through, depending on the turn out. Spades can let us all know what we are missing out on with Horizon 2. I've also got some juicy details on an embargoed game.
So come on out and lets have one more race weekend with Forza 5! Who's in?

This might be too late but let's see what happens. How about one more race weekend before Horizon 2 comes out? Here's what I'm thinking:

Rules:

Shouldn't take too long to go through, depending on the turn out. Spades can let us all know what we are missing out on with Horizon 2. I've also got some juicy details on an embargoed game.

I would be down for this. I probably wont be playing much F5 for awhile, so its a good way to send it off until I crawl back eventually.

frontieruk

Rules:

I'll put a maybe right here, depends on if I can argue the right to have the tv with all the time I've put into Destiny recently...

Spades

Rules:

Oh mannnnn, I'm not going to be around - I'm at Wembley for the Miami Dolphins game :(

Rules:

Holy shit man, that is a badass idea! I am in!

gragy10

Rules:

I'd be all over this - think I still have a bunch of you in my friends list from Forza4 but my GT is Granholme

zorbsie

I'll put a maybe right here, depends on if I can argue the right to have the tv with all the time I've put into Destiny recently...

They won't mind, it's just one more game. :)

Oh mannnnn, I'm not going to be around - I'm at Wembley for the Miami Dolphins game :(

Booo!
Have fun at the game dude.

Holy shit man, that is a badass idea! I am in!

A couple more people in on this and it should be a hoot.

I'd be all over this - think I still have a bunch of you in my friends list from Forza4 but my GT is Granholme

I still got you on my list. I'll send you an invite when we get started.

Anyone else? Where's devildoll been at?

Rules:

Goshdarnit... if i didn't have to work sundays i'd be down for it

zorbsie

Shit like that is why I don't post a lot on gaf. lol
I already know FH2 is a fantastic game and DC looks like it's going to be loads of fun too. Why can't people be happy about that? Seems some people are only happy if one is amazing and the other is shit. They both can't be good. They just can't.

Back on topic I'm going to take pics of my gold Escalade. No spinners in the game. 1/10.

Edit: Just checking around Forza rewards and noticed that I've redeemed 19.8 million credits for FM5. That's a lot of scratch.

It's nonsense like that which keeps me mostly away from posting in DC threads.

I've got both FH2 and DC digitally pre-ordered, but I find the blue camp a bit embarrassing to hang around with. I just pretend I'm not with those guys, even though I'm excited about the launch of DC. :)

I might not make it this today. It's a kid weekend and we have a bunch of grandparents to see today. Good luck guys, I'm sorry I am going to miss such a great race.

Edit: Nevermind! Things changed and I am in. Is this still going on?

gragy10

Apologies for being mute guys - first multiplayer session I've done on the xbone & had no idea if kinect mic was working.
Some great racing either way - Zorbs at spa was a highlight! - & apologies to Crude for the missile attack at Long Beach T1 - first time I'd driven anything above a class B in F5!

zorbsie

Thanks to everyone who came out today. It was a blast. Gragy, we had some seriously great battles. Spa was a real highlight, we were trading second place throughout the entire race. We'll have to refine the gauntlet in Horizon 2. Maybe top 3 places and only 4 class to pick from. We'll have to try it out again.

Thanks for the video Soundscream. It would not be a GAF race weekend without some connection issues. lol

p3tran

Banned
Just encountered this bug where the game freezes loading a track. Hard reset my console and it didn't fix it. Looks like I'm not alone.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...k-loading-screen--Help-please.aspx#post191871

Pretty sure this is related to being in the dashboard preview program.

a couple of my real life friends (aka neighbors) told me the same thing durig the weekend, and yesterday in our races I got stuck in that (last) loading screen too.

how I fixed? by continually hard resetting, it was at the third hard reset and forza boot up that told me to wait because game had to be "synchronized".
I waited for half a minute to sync, then it worked.

I also believe that maybe beta or live are responsible for this, but really dont know the cause.
what I do know, is that this thing happened to me yesterday for the first time, after almost a year of full playtime.

maybe its worth a try to set the console OFFLINE, and retry, since this would be a good indicator if its live the problem or not.
I couldnt do that yesterday, because the point was to play online with the gang :)

There were some Live issues on Saturday night and I had the same problem with FIFA and Diablo. A few hard resets finally got it working.

m23

Off topic as hell but p3tran you should check your Diablo 3 mailbox, I found a few gifts for you while playing lol.

Top Bottom