• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

shinnn

ugh.. those last car packs is getting stucked in the in-game installation. Any solution for this? I've uninstalled the disk content and didn't work.

shandy706

Weekend stuff. It had been too long since I last played F5.

iWZONTKMrMHHz.jpg

i9zJpjN8u6phe.jpg

iTigm0PZi55sp.jpg

eso76

urge to rebuy a xbone rising, between this and Horizon 2...

maybe i'll just give all my stuff to gamestop, x360 and games, and see how much i can shave off a kinectless xbone.
Actually, for some reason, the kinectwith version is currently EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE (399€) as the kinectless at my local gamestop, so..

malfcn

Online is fun..but it is fucking bumper cars.

Hey I AM WINNING
*Asshole crashes into you, you flip and get last place*

m23

Online is fun..but it is fucking bumper cars.

Hey I AM WINNING
*Asshole crashes into you, you flip and get last place*

That's pretty much every racing game online lol. Just have to hope you get matched up with good players. I usually go a bit slow at the beginning so I can avoid all the craziness, then I can easily pass everyone who crashed.

BizzyBum

I'm having a really weird issue that just started happening today.

When I I finish a career race it won't end. The music plays and my car keeps driving with no overlay. Only thing I can do is change the camera. I have to quit the game or else it loops forever.

operon

I'm having a really weird issue that just started happening today.

When I I finish a career race it won't end. The music plays and my car keeps driving with no overlay. Only thing I can do is change the camera. I have to quit the game or else it loops forever.
Same here right now.

MouldyK

06/09/2014 22:00:15 GMT:

Xbox members, are you receiving an error message when attempting to matchmake with other members in Forza Motorsport 5? We’re here to help! Thanks for your understanding while we work toward a resolution. We’ll update you again in half an hour.

On the Xbox Website. Could be related?

frontieruk

Still can't believe there is no penalty for bumping someone from first to last due to malicious tactics.

It's just a racing incident, they are just showing you they won't be pushed round, the marshals will ignore it, even though it's blatantly a dangerous move by your opponent

Megasoum

Banned
Well that'S great... The servers are dead again... Free week-ends sucks.

I've been turning around Long Beach for 20min now on auto-pilot waiting for the end of race screen to finally show up.

malfcn

I know there would have to be some crazy system in place to know if there was intentional crashing. It just really sucks and I was venting.

Last night while I was doing some things it kept saying "weak network connection" during the races on the screen.

Fox Mulder

Well that'S great... The servers are dead again... Free week-ends sucks.

I've been turning around Long Beach for 20min now on auto-pilot waiting for the end of race screen to finally show up.

free weekends are cool, but the servers are a complete failure. What a wasted opportunity for new people and annoying to everyone that already owns the game.

frontieruk

free weekends are cool, but the servers are a complete failure. What a wasted opportunity for new people and annoying to everyone that already owns the game.

I thought the idea was MS allowed them to fire up more servers, so much for the power of the cloud if they cant support one of their mainstream titles, if MCC requires the cloud they are gonna crash and burn if they cant support Forza on a free play weekend.

Yes, this is such a disaster. Just when a lot of tier 2 countries have received their Xbox One, in most cases with Forza 5 included, this is their first impression.

G Rom

Here are some photos that I hadn't posted yet :

mobile.586nsoum.jpg

mobile.587oep87.jpg

mobile.588hljbt.jpg

mobile.589c5ose.jpg

mobile.590cvp0q.jpg

mobile.591bqpu3.jpg

mobile.592deqrl.jpg

You can see the Scuderia didn't start its life as a FM5 model when examining her...

Edit : So apparently I got robbed of my Forza Rewards. I accepted the credits in the in-game menu but they're nowhere to be seen and the message is gone... :-/
Hopefully it'll be back after all the server issues.

OrangeOak

Is this game as good as previous titles?
I loved Forza 2,3 and 4 and I think that every new iteration was better than it's predecessor.
There was big quality jump from 2 to 3 and number four was also improved a lot.
I had quite a long break from Forza 4 and tonight I played it and it reminded me how good this series is.I had so much fun playing it that I am considering buying Xbox One just for that one game even tonight (I am interested in other titles but they will release later so buying it today would be only for F5).
My budget is not too good but I am hyped to play Forza 5 with windshield,improved nurburgring and other tracks like Long Beach.On the other hand I don't won't to spend money and be disappointed :p
So would you guys recommend it to me?Is sound as good as in Forza 4?Are physics really even better than before?
Is Forza 5 worth it when I have previous games?

I loved Forza 2,3 and 4 and I think that every new iteration was better than it's predecessor.
I had quite a long break from Forza 4 and tonight I played it and it reminded me how good this series is.I had so much fun playing it that I am considering buying Xbox One just for that one game even tonight (I am interested in other titles but they will release later so buying it today would be only for F5).
My budget is not too good but I am hyped to play Forza 5 with windshield,improved nurburgring and other tracks like Long Beach.On the other hand I don't won't to spend money and be disappointed :p
So would you guys recommend it to me?Is sound as good as in Forza 4?Are physics really even better than before?

The game feels incredible on the XB1 controller. I'd say it's easily the best Forza game in terms of gameplay. Of course it's a big leap graphically over the previous games.

The real Achilles heel is the content. Less tracks and less cars. If you can accept it's missing some stuff, you'll have a great time with it.

OrangeOak

The game feels incredible on the XB1 controller. I'd say it's easily the best Forza game in terms of gameplay. Of course it's a big leap graphically over the previous games.

The real Achilles heel is the content. Less tracks and less cars. If you can accept it's missing some stuff, you'll have a great time with it.

Thank you for your answer.
Yes,first thing that I did after playing Forza 4 was checking out track list from Forza 5.It is indeed missing a lot of my favorite locations from previous games like Mapple Valley,Suzuka or Camino Viejo_On the other hand there are some tracks that I always wanted in series.I am curious if there will be some more track DLC.
I hope that reason for missing content is that they were time constrained and couldn't upgrade more tracks and cars and Forza 6 will have all that Forza 5 is missing :p

MouldyK

Don't worry, I got an Xbox One just for Forza 5 on Friday. I have only played it a tiny bit as I am trying to finish up the Forza 2 achievements, but it seems great.

Only thing I hate is that I have to set the Drivatar Difficulty to "Above Average", which means "You have played Simulation games before" and not the one up which says "You have played Forza Motorsport before", even though I have spent the last 2 months only playing Forza haha. Made me realise I suck xD

I do like how you can finish 3rd or higher and still get a Gold Medal for the even though. Allows me to not turn it down lower haha.

Also, I got 4 Gold Medals and got the Achievement for having 5 Gold medals and on the Achievement counter, it always says I have 1 more Gold Medal than I really do. Should I be worried?

Been playing Forza since the first one. This week I tried something new - I turned off all the hud except the rev counter/speedo*.

Not having the timing information and track map is a total revelation. I pay much more attention to the driving - especially looking for corners rather than timing on the map. I've enjoyed my weekend's Forza more than I have in a long time.

*Sometimes this goes too on cars with a current gear display.

Yeah they are a bit much, my screen is cropped at the top and bottom, its easy to forget how much room the bonnet takes up, half the reason I like the Forza 2/GT view where it's cockpit height without the obstruction.

Bring it back!

squared

Ok, I have Googled a bit for this issue, but have found nothing like it..

I have this very annoying glitch/bug that happens mostly in the select track menu in Rivals mode (but it has also happened in other menus, like when browsing through wheels), that the video signal breaks up and gets lost. It starts with the screen showing just static and then cuts out, giving me a blank screen. It keeps trying to "reconnect" the video signal, since the screen flickers between No signal and just static noise. The game is still running, and I can fix it by either pressing the Xbox button, so I'm back at the dashboard with the game still running, and the "preview screen" for the running app is showing the menu just fine. If I go back to the game, the glitch happens again. If I press B to go back through the menus, the glitch also disappears. But, when I go back to Rivals, and then select any of the Time Attack series, it glitches out.

I'm playing through HDMI to my Pioneer reciever, then send the signal to my projector, also via HDMI. This never happens in any other game or when connected to my PC, and can be replicated, so it's obviously only in FM..

Any ideas? Anyone seen/heard of this before?

MouldyK

Been playing Forza since the first one. This week I tried something new - I turned off all the hud except the rev counter/speedo*.

Not having the timing information and track map is a total revelation. I pay much more attention to the driving - especially looking for corners rather than timing on the map. I've enjoyed my weekend's Forza more than I have in a long time.

When I started playing Forza again to go through Forza Rewards, I set out to only play that way. It's quite fun only concentrating on your racing, I especially like it in F5 where I don't have to think of always coming first, so I am always in the dark about if the guy in front of me is in 3rd and I need to pass him or not or if I can play it safe and not risk damaging my car or taking a corner too aggressively.

G Rom

HUD-less or bust ! That's the way. I've been rolling since FM4 !

MouldyK

Okay, apart from letting the Hired Driver do some endurance races for me on Forza 2 so I get money to buy cars, I am done with Forza on 360 now!

Got full Forza Rewards on F4 and Horizon, can't on F3 because for some reason it don't count one of my achievements and F2 has that stupid Auction House achievement, preventing me from maxing that.

Xbox One, Forza 5 and Horizon 2: Here I come!

HUD-less or bust ! That's the way. I've been rolling since FM4 !

I do tend to keep my rev counter on when using cars with no gear indicator. I'm getting old and can't remember which gear I'm in - all too often I've slammed it into reverse under braking.

But going completely hoodless is something I'd like to work towards.

I do have an eyesight issue that makes hood/bonnet cam batter for me in some cars too - which also means I tend to use the rev counter. I play in cockpit as much as I can - just depends on the car.

I wish Forza had a tighter angle, just the top of the wheel instrument view in cockpit option.

In my opinion is nowhere as good as Forza 3 or Forza 4.

The graphics and sound are excellent, the driving sensation is great.... BUT it lost soooooo much contents, from 700 cars to 200 , almost all the fantasy tracks (and few real ones too), the custom open lobbies, auction house, storefront, some customization options.
The career mode is boring, starting with the awful stale music to the 2 laps events.

The AI loves to drive in clusters, theres normally 3 o 4 cars blocking the pass which would not be a problem if the events races had 4 o 5 laps where you can be patience and attack in the right momment but no, they are 2 laps normally and that means driving clean is too dificult and frustrating.

Custom singleplayer let you setup much better races with better AI and more laps, thats where Forza 5 in track experience shines.

Overall not a bad game but it felt from from my absolute favorite (Forza 4) to a simply good racer with nothing much of special (and rushed), it truely deserves to be under the 9s category.

I bought the console for Forza 5 and I have played it so little while I put hundreds of hours on each past Forza including Forza Horizon. Im still a huge fan of Forza and play Forza 4 a lot, I hope Turn10 does it much better in Forza 6.

While the content is less the driving model is so much better then 4 and leaps and bounds above 3.

But with the AI driving in clusters and the 2 laps races drains all the fun away of the career mode, making it only good for multiplayer and custom single player.
Im so annoyed with the career mode.

But with the AI driving in clusters and the 2 laps races drains all the fun away of the career mode, making it only good for multiplayer and custom single player.
Im so annoyed with the career mode.

I don't need the career because the custom single player alows me to create my own races.

Top Bottom