• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

G Rom

I had these lying around :

mobile.579vck3a.jpg

mobile.5801tstr.jpg

mobile.581f1j8c.jpg

mobile.5827rk0m.jpg

mobile.583tkjor.jpg

mobile.584r2ki7.jpg

mobile.5851qj7g.jpg

flashmouth

Neo Member
Hey, I'm back into FM5, got an new XBO for 300€ and picked this up first thing.
Any tips on tuning the V8 supercars? The sound godly but drive like s#!t on stock settings.

took some shots, it's cool that all your progress is saved (sold it in december).

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Megasoum

Banned
Hey Helios, something to add to the FM6 community suggestion list.

Stop the FFB wheels from jerking left and right violently everytime you use the rewind. As far as I can remember it's been doing that forever in Forza and I have no idea why.

frontieruk

Stop the FFB wheels from jerking left and right violently everytime you use the rewind. As far as I can remember it's been doing that forever in Forza and I have no idea why.

It's because the feedback is pre-programmed, so it's just replaying the forces it passed before you hit rewind.

Im surprised the TX hasn't broken someones finger yet, it goes to LUDICROUS SPEED!

As for FM6 wish list,

Camera views cant take up to much resources right?

Right above the steering wheel.

Posted this in the Horizon topic, but what would you all think of an option to have cockpit view with the exterior engine sound? Best of both worlds for me!

Posted this in the Horizon topic, but what would you all think of an option to have cockpit view with the exterior engine sound? Best of both worlds for me!

I know it is unrealistic, but I am sort of with you on this. Or maybe, make it part of the final "race weight savings" option. Where it removes all the sound deadening material and makes the engine louder in the cockpit.

I know it is unrealistic, but I am sort of with you on this. Or maybe, make it part of the final "race weight savings" option. Where it removes all the sound deadening material and makes the engine louder in the cockpit.

Anything to get it in there! Forza's sound is flat out amazing, but I always drive with the interior view. Give me my audible crack!!!! I need it!!!!

Fox Mulder

Finally got an Xbox one and forza. Got the madden bundle at Target, traded the game for 12 months Live, and bought forza with the gift card.

the updates took up most my night, can't wait to jump into it. Got a shitload of credits from stockpiling rewards too.

Sordid

Just got a one and was looking to buy Forza and saw that the DLC tracks are now $5 each? I thought they were free?

I'm pretty sure the tracks are included with the patches for the game and are still free. Is it the Nurburgring/Long Beach booster packs you're seeing? They're car packs :)

Just finished another country for my plates. France.

14882412180_0a73f5bbed_h.jpg

I hope this is yet another reason for T10 to add them! I don't mind redoing every country, but I need something in 3d to add them on...

That new Fanatec wheel announcement gives me a glimmer of hope that one day I might just be LTTP with Forza 5.

Maybe.

How so?

If anything I think it puts the final nail in the coffin. The only way they can do it is by selling new rims for each system on top of their new base. Maybe if you had the old clubsport wheel, but you have a GT2 right?

Fox Mulder

I'm pretty sure the tracks are included with the patches for the game and are still free. Is it the Nurburgring/Long Beach booster packs you're seeing? They're car packs :)

I was wondering that too.

I've bought a few car packs, and it's neat they give you the cars free now. However, is there a better way to get them than one at a time? It's real slow having to scroll the entire list of cars each time for the free ones then it kicks you back out.

GoaThief

I don't think I've ever seen a FFB wheel under $100, except for the MS FFB wheel I got for $30 by answering some questions on their expert zone website (one of maybe 2 advantages from working in retail)
Driving Force Pro, Driving Force GT, MS FFB, tons of others on PC from yesteryear.

*edit
Oh, dollars. Misread it as pounds. Still kind of applies, decent mid-tier wheels with FFB were available at a reasonable price for years. That doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Driving Force Pro, Driving Force GT, MS FFB, tons of others on PC from yesteryear.

*edit
Oh, dollars. Misread it as pounds. Still kind of applies, decent mid-tier wheels with FFB were available at a reasonable price for years. That doesn't seem to be the case any more.

No because they were all more expensive at the time of release than the $100 non FFB wheels I was talking about. The Driving force GT is still $150 new.

GoaThief

No because they were all more expensive at the time of release than the $100 non FFB wheels I was talking about. The Driving force GT is still $150 new.
The RRP of the DFGT was £80-90, the original FFB 360 one was the same range. The DFP which I bought many moons ago was also the same. Unless you get a deal the average price of the DFGT has gone up to around £130 (same with second hand MS FFB wheels) due to demand and lack of new counterparts.

If I'm wrong could you please indicate where the similarly priced new FFB wheels of this type can be found that are compatible with current gen consoles? We have the t80 with no FFB at £80-90, overpriced and pointless. The next jump is to the t500 at £350 which isn't even supported properly on PS4 and Fanatec's new wheel for XB1 at £500-600 for the base.

The RRP of the DFGT was £80-90, the original FFB 360 one was the same range. The DFP which I bought many moons ago was also the same. Unless you get a deal the average price of the DFGT has gone up to around £130 (same with second hand MS FFB wheels) due to demand and lack of new counterparts.

If I'm wrong could you please indicate where the similarly priced new FFB wheels of this type can be found that are compatible with current gen consoles? We have the t80 with no FFB at £80-90, overpriced and pointless. The next jump is to the t500 at £350 which isn't even supported properly on PS4 and Fanatec's new wheel for XB1 at £500-600 for the base.

What are you even arguing?

My point still stands that you can't find a FFB wheel for under a hundred dollars, which is the case with the Hori wheel he posted a link to.

GoaThief

What are you even arguing?

My point still stands that you can't find a FFB wheel for under a hundred dollars, which is the case with the Hori wheel he posted a link to.
I'm saying that there used to be decent FFB wheels for just under £100 and these products seem to have disappeared.

It's just a discussion, which is what these forums are for unless I'm mistaken?

I'm saying that there used to be decent FFB wheels for just under £100 and these products seem to have disappeared.

It's just a discussion, which is what these forums are for unless I'm mistaken?

Which still has nothing to do with me stating that you couldn't find a FFB wheel for under 100 american dollars.

GoaThief

Which still has nothing to do with me stating that you couldn't find a FFB wheel for under 100 american dollars.
Except that you could in years gone by (you said you've never seen them) and as a general and friendly point of discussion it would be nice to see that again for a multitude of reasons. Thought you may have agreed or given your thoughts in general. Why are you so aggressive as if you've been attacked or something?

Good grief, think I'm beginning to understand why this thread isn't very active.

Except that you could in years gone by (you said you've never seen them) and as a general and friendly point of discussion it would be nice to see that again for a multitude of reasons. Thought you may have agreed or given your thoughts in general. Why are you so aggressive as if you've been attacked or something?

Good grief, think I'm beginning to understand why this thread isn't very active.

You pointed out wheels that were over 100 when converted to $.

Pointing out that you said something incorrect isn't being aggressive.

It would be nice if wheels were under $100, but they never had been. My original post was in response to a Hori wheel being linked to for $89.99, and I pointed out that there was no FFB, and as from my experience I had never seen a FFB wheel for under $100 at retail, so if you were to see a wheel listed at a sub $100 price it wasn't FFB.

Why you decided to start to prove me wrong(without showing a single example) is beyond me. Wheels with FFB have ranged in price from $125 and up but have never been sold for less than $100.

A discussion without facts is quite useless.

Top Bottom