• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Damn, thats a pretty decent car pack for being free. I am pretty stoked to check out the Eau Rouge and the Roller!

Btw, whatever happened to that awesome old school Renault that the guys from Evo said was going to be in Forza?

p3tran

Banned
Btw, whatever happened to that awesome old school Renault that the guys from Evo said was going to be in Forza?

it got upgraded?

renaultspark_04_wm_forza5_aug-cu.jpg

G Rom

There's a small trailer for both Infinity cars.
I wish we had that black room we can see during the trailer as a homespace, the Infinity looks great in it, so did the LaFerrari during the conference...

p3tran

Banned
by the way, the new cars are not available for me.
are you guys sure you downloaded them? like, checked?
because if yes, since hard boot does not trigger the download I think I'm gonna have to electrocute the son of a bitch console to get it going..!!
:D

Seriously, I cannot wait for Horizon 2. The ForzaGAF club is going to be awesome and I can't wait for us to get some good games going on Sundays.

G Rom

One thing I really love in FM5 is that Turn 10 really embraced the open wheelers, the sheer diversity among them is insane from track days cars to Formula cars to F1 from different eras...

Now, if only they used all those to make a proper career mode... [/broken record]

Megasoum

Banned
One thing I really love in FM5 is that Turn 10 really embraced the open wheelers, the sheer diversity among them is insane from track days cars to Formula cars to F1 from different eras...

Now, if only they used all those to make a proper career mode... [/broken record]

Agree but the single player is still miles ahead (pun intented) than any games on PC... Execpt maybe Grid A and eventually pCars. Time trials are fun but it gets boring quick.

skyfinch

You have to go to marketplace in FM5 and DL each indiviually (sp). Then you have to buy or rent them, as they are not in your garage.

Spades

Just ran a few races with the Formula E and it's GREAT! Very strange at first because of the engine sound (I missed a LOT of gear changes!) but it handles like a dream and is so stable on the brakes. It's a shame this came out after the FF as this would've made a much better championship car. Anyone else tried it?

Megasoum

Banned
Just ran a few races with the Formula E and it's GREAT! Very strange at first because of the engine sound (I missed a LOT of gear changes!) but it handles like a dream and is so stable on the brakes. It's a shame this came out after the FF as this would've made a much better championship car. Anyone else tried it?

Ah, didn't know that the Formula E had standard manual transmissions. Thought it would be more like a Tesla.

Yeah the gears threw me off.

Have to say I haven't felt a big difference in ffb, might be my imagination but the rumble may be different. Need to drive some cars I know well to make my mind up.

Megasoum

Banned
I really love that you get one of each DLC cars for free now but I wish there was a way to "Buy All" in one go after buying a DLC pack. Or at least a filter for any Free cars in the Buy Car screen.

Another month, yet another amazing car pack. With Horizon 2 on the, uh, horizon, I have no idea if we've seen the end of DLC support for FM5, but it's totally transformed the game for the better. Major props to Turn 10 for the constant updates.

Yeah, it may sound like a dental appliance, but it's probably the sweetest-handling open-wheeler in the game. I only ran a handful of laps in the Rivals event at Long Beach but I was pleasantly surprised by how neutral and benign it was. Brakes seemed a tad easy to lock up, though, but that's probably just me.

BIGT468

Damn dude, that is too bad. What turbo are you running and are you doing meth injection or just normal racing fuel?

Garret GT42R and running E-85. It was nice going to the track sunday and just stopping at the gas station and getting fuel for the car at only three dollars a gallon compared to the sixteen it would cost for race gas.

I still need to grab the new cars looking forward to trying out the formula e car.

Megasoum

Banned
So anybody actually notices any difference with the TX after today's patch?

I've been playing all night and haven't noticed any differences. Not that I mind, I really love the FFB as it is so whatever... I'm curious what they actually changed though.

p3tran

Banned
so, even though the electric Formula-E and the prototype infinity eau rouge are very impressive,
I have to give it to Turn10 for this boy:

getphotoaoutn.jpg

as far as I remember, this is the very first time in History that Rolls Royce is officially featured inside a racing game. so, -if I am not wrong- congrats!

my fatboy is beautiful, and starting at a modest C487, there's plenty of room there to go.
I still drive it stock though... 8)

Spades

Although we don't have a championship to run, who fancies an open lobby on Sunday to try out a few races with the new cars?

So anybody actually notices any difference with the TX after today's patch?

I've been playing all night and haven't noticed any differences. Not that I mind, I really love the FFB as it is so whatever... I'm curious what they actually changed though.

Not really. I've been using the lower sensitivity for a while and gotten quite used to it. I've heard others saying it's smoother post patch.

PCARS is going to be interesting on Xbox One, curious how they are going to approach force feedback. Does Forza feel the way it does because T10 made it that way?

saladine1

They forgot to add in sound for the Formula E..

Seriously though, it's great to finally see Rolls Royce in a video game.
FM certainly has a great variety of cars to choose from...

zorbsie

Although we don't have a championship to run, who fancies an open lobby on Sunday to try out a few races with the new cars?

I'm down for that. Was going to post some stuff for the new series, but life got in the way. Hoping everything gets cleared up this week and I can get back to normal. I wanted to try out the new cars but they weren't live until later in the day and of course by then I didn't have any time. Sunday will be a good time and no one has to keep score. :)

Spades

I'm down for that. Was going to post some stuff for the new series, but life got in the way. Hoping everything gets cleared up this week and I can get back to normal. I wanted to try out the new cars but they weren't live until later in the day and of course by then I didn't have any time. Sunday will be a good time and no one has to keep score. :)

Let's do it! Usual time, are you okay to set up a lobby Zorbsie?

Wish I could be there but I will be at GenCon literally all weekend.

Love the new cars btw. Took the Roller around The Ring and it was exactly how I imagined it would be. Lots of body roll with a TON of torque.

I have started taking the old (<70s) Grand Prix/Race cars around the Ring and it has been incredible. The 1953 Ferrari is one of the most amazing cars to drive in cockpit view. Everything is super cramped and it is WAAAYY faster than I was anticipating. Made for an incredible lap.

SarBear

tumblr_n8o0ddwX9A1qiv7luo1_250.png

Final championship standings:

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 72
2 - p3tran / 62
3 - Devildoll / 40
4 - Spades / 30
5 - BIGT468 / 26
6 - Shortt Sirket / 21
7 - frontieruk / 19
8 - zorbsie / 13
9 - EBreda / 8
10 - Cushen / 5
11 - Flying Toaster / 1
=12 - CrudeDiatribe / 0
=12 - soundscream / 0
=12 - Cyros / 0
=12 - RWB993 / 0

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 87
2 - Shake N Bake / 66
3 - CarWorks / 65
4 - Mediocre Motorsport / 51
5 - Maple Syrp / 19
6 - WestJet Racing / 7
7 - MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Congrats to Dead Poul for becoming the inaugural ForzaGAF Formula Ford champion! I think it's fair to say the best driver won.

Thanks everyone for taking part - over to Zorbs for the Mazda Cup.

Awesome. Couldn't have done it without FrontierUK. Grounded me with road America and really made me push myself there. And I did the same with him, constantly pushing himself to improve his consistency. I think he made every race, and I can't ask for much more out of a great team mate. Supportive, driven, and challenging. Great job mate.

Wait......there's a new Mustang and I'm in Chicago... .some five hours away from my Xbox. Life just doesn't love me

Has anyone actually ever played this game in multiplayer? The reason I ask is, I bought my Xbone 2 days ago. I bought forza and titanfall. My xbone is in my routers DMZ (so please don't tell me to forward my ports) and I have an open NAT. I can play titanfall fine with a 20ms ping. I can get all the drivatars and rivals constantly bombarding me while I play forza. However for 2 days off and on I cannot get into a single race lobby. Unable to join messages. This so frustrating. Worst of all I bought the game digital so I'm stuck with it.

Time to introduce the new cars! They were a very pleasant surprise, RR wasn't expected until 2050 at least, and the new Mustang was already on the top of the "I can't wait for this new car to arrive" list.

14742327309_7b59345cf9_h.jpg

14925911361_6ac1d6901a_h.jpg

14742425177_3aac0e32c8_h.jpg

14929001475_47da6b4357_h.jpg

14925911751_4486843742_h.jpg

14928633552_aeeed28c3f_h.jpg

14929002065_03c0084c04_h.jpg

14742381518_d986bfd73a_h.jpg

14906003446_822852c141_h.jpg

14925912731_1edb1f5a47_h.jpg

14742381628_1ff04fe4dc_h.jpg

14742426297_2b26e9f3d8_h.jpg

14742329240_b153d282d1_h.jpg

14928634952_9d56ea4396_h.jpg

Sorry for making x2 pics of the Mustang, but I couln't choose just 2 :D

Really like the shots with the license plates Jorge, shame we can't have an optional blank plate for the front and rear. Something so simple adds a lot to the realistic look.

Top Bottom