• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Megasoum

Banned
I have put our hockey preferences aside and sent you a PM. :)
Enjoy it dude.

Hahaha... but hmm haven't received anything here yet. Wonder if the servers are having a brainfart this morning.

Edit:NVM, just got it. Thanks dude!

subban_pk640_2.jpg

zorbsie

Helios popped by the stream I was watching on Friday I think and mentioned that Forza fans should keep an eye on Gamescom, but nothing more than that. Such a tease. FH2 will be playable on show floor if anyone is planning on going. Do you think there is any hope for one more surprise for FM5, a la E3 Nurburgring announcement?

Megasoum

Banned
Helios popped by the stream I was watching on Friday I think and mentioned that Forza fans should keep an eye on Gamescom, but nothing more than that. Such a tease. FH2 will be playable on show floor if anyone is planning on going. Do you think there is any hope for one more surprise for FM5, a la E3 Nurburgring announcement?

I hope so... Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for FH2 but it's a bit of a known quantity right now. Sure they'll reveal more cars before releas but I don't really care for that. I really hope for some new FM5 content...Best case scenario would be a track. The game is great and I'm having a ton of fun but the track list is not exactly its best part.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to get an Xbox One today due to a promo at my local Walmart (buy a One, get a $60 gift card). With the GC I bought Forza 5.

I enjoy racers but would not necessarily consider myself good at them. I have played Forza before (4 and Horizon) but still have a lot to learn in regards to mechanics, car intricancies, etc. Any tips for a "noob" like me to get the most enjoyment/satisfaction out of this game?

BIGT468

Yeah gamescom = Europe = Italy = Monza and then Tokyo game show = Japan = Suzuka.

Sorry for spoiling your surprises T10. ;-)

giphy.gif

Devildoll

Not going to be able to make it myself, taking the car to the track for the first time this year wish us luck. :)

good luck man!

Wow, that's a pretty cool wheel he built.

Because the touch pad he uses to play is totally an official Xbox one controller..........right?

Well we dont know if that thing actually works in forza, or if it is just dishonest video editing.

G Rom

Yeah gamescom = Europe = Italy = Monza and then Tokyo game show = Japan = Suzuka.

Sorry for spoiling your surprises T10. ;-)

[IMG ]http://media.giphy.com/media/kqsygGXlnYEjm/giphy.gif[/IMG]

More like :
Gamescom = Cologne = Germany = Porsche !

denzel-boomuzerl.gif

I really want Porsche back... :(

BTW :

BADNED said:
A good week is coming up! Prepare yourself to download!

BTW if you are at Pebble Beach next week and still don't have a XB1 or have not played FM5 yet, don't forget to pay a visit to the Infiniti Performance Pavilion at the PB Concours Plaza. Several FM5 stations will be set up there featuring the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge for you to drive.

As always Darrin is terrible at reviewing things but the wheel does look bad compared to the TX. Lack of features plus old and noisy mechanism.

Its just the price which is a killer. If it was $250 it would be a great deal, but as it stands the TX wheel is cheaper, has an ecosystem that is available and it works on PC.

BIGT468

You have any info/pics/videos from this? Really wanna see that 1G 4G63 can do!

Unfortunately there wasn't anything worth filming. :( We got to the track loaded up the ice water tank for the intercooler and fired up the pump for the water to pre cool the intercooler and somehow a twist tie got into the lines and was sucked into the pump causing it to lock up so we didn't get to make any full pulls, We did do a couple of 60 footers to test the converter to see where it stalled and it is way to low car would only get up to 3000 RPM so its to way to tight we are thinking of throwing a 50 shot of nitrous on to get the turbo to spool up. My brother and I are going to go to the DSM shootout this weekend just to watch since the car is just not ready to go but hopefully in 2 weeks we will head back out and I'll have some pics and videos to put up.

Spades

tumblr_n8o0ddwX9A1qiv7luo1_250.png

Final championship standings:

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 72
2 - p3tran / 62
3 - Devildoll / 40
4 - Spades / 30
5 - BIGT468 / 26
6 - Shortt Sirket / 21
7 - frontieruk / 19
8 - zorbsie / 13
9 - EBreda / 8
10 - Cushen / 5
11 - Flying Toaster / 1
=12 - CrudeDiatribe / 0
=12 - soundscream / 0
=12 - Cyros / 0
=12 - RWB993 / 0

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 87
2 - Shake N Bake / 66
3 - CarWorks / 65
4 - Mediocre Motorsport / 51
5 - Maple Syrp / 19
6 - WestJet Racing / 7
7 - MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Congrats to Dead Poul for becoming the inaugural ForzaGAF Formula Ford champion! I think it's fair to say the best driver won.

Thanks everyone for taking part - over to Zorbs for the Mazda Cup.

Just announced at gamescom, we're getting a Renault Formula E, the new Mustang, and the first ever licensed Rolls Royce in a game ever! :D

G Rom

Yes, they are !
It sounded like 4 other cars come with those as well which would make for a weird number.
I'm away from my console but I look forward to finally take a Rolls sideways !

Also, I grinned when my hometown (Montpellier) was shown on the Forza Fuel map... :)

Unfortunately there wasn't anything worth filming. :( We got to the track loaded up the ice water tank for the intercooler and fired up the pump for the water to pre cool the intercooler and somehow a twist tie got into the lines and was sucked into the pump causing it to lock up so we didn't get to make any full pulls, We did do a couple of 60 footers to test the converter to see where it stalled and it is way to low car would only get up to 3000 RPM so its to way to tight we are thinking of throwing a 50 shot of nitrous on to get the turbo to spool up. My brother and I are going to go to the DSM shootout this weekend just to watch since the car is just not ready to go but hopefully in 2 weeks we will head back out and I'll have some pics and videos to put up.

Damn dude, that is too bad. What turbo are you running and are you doing meth injection or just normal racing fuel?

tumblr_n8o0ddwX9A1qiv7luo1_250.png

Final championship standings:

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 72
2 - p3tran / 62
3 - Devildoll / 40
4 - Spades / 30
5 - BIGT468 / 26
6 - Shortt Sirket / 21
7 - frontieruk / 19
8 - zorbsie / 13
9 - EBreda / 8
10 - Cushen / 5
11 - Flying Toaster / 1
=12 - CrudeDiatribe / 0
=12 - soundscream / 0
=12 - Cyros / 0
=12 - RWB993 / 0

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 87
2 - Shake N Bake / 66
3 - CarWorks / 65
4 - Mediocre Motorsport / 51
5 - Maple Syrp / 19
6 - WestJet Racing / 7
7 - MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Congrats to Dead Poul for becoming the inaugural ForzaGAF Formula Ford champion! I think it's fair to say the best driver won.

Thanks everyone for taking part - over to Zorbs for the Mazda Cup.

Hey, I'll take it! Mediocre Motorsports did mediocre!!

Devildoll

Formula Ford was a blast, even if i got carpal tunnel trying to keep it straight, congrats to DP ninjas!

Just announced at gamescom, we're getting a Renault Formula E, the new Mustang, and the first ever licensed Rolls Royce in a game ever! :D

Yeah I'm super eager to get into that, i thought they said it would be available as immediately, but i cant find it.

G Rom

Here is the full list :

2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith
2014 Renault Spark SRT_01E
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Tech Line Top Gear Edition
2014 Infiniti Q50S
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2015 Ford Mustang GT

rolls-roycewraith_03_wm_forza5_aug-cu.jpg

renaultspark_04_wm_forza5_aug-cu.jpg

infinitiq50s_04_wm_forza5_infiniticarpack_aug.jpg

infinitiq50eaurouge_02_wm_forza5_infiniticarpack_aug.jpg

fordmustang_03_wm_forza5_aug-cu.jpg

Also :
New Improvements Coming to Forza Motorsport 5

This content update also adds some crucial improvements to functionality in Forza Motorsport 5. These include improved livery caching as well as some general improvements for the Thrustmaster and MadCatz wheels that are currently available for Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 5. These improvements have been designed to increase the feel and performance of both of these wheels when playing with Forza Motorsport 5.

Source

Top Bottom