• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Devildoll

already way faster than me. looks like I have some catching up to do... :)

*cough*
iulm9SlAhCLbX.png

*cough*

p3tran

Banned
*cough*
iulm9SlAhCLbX.png

*cough*

ok, challenge accepted :p
but not today 'cause I signed up on virtual motorsports for the league to see how it goes. around 115 people did, first race today just about after our race.

getphotozckc8.jpg

getphoto34qv7.jpg

lots of guys from those teams that top the boards participate, hopefully it will be fun.

I will tell you what I think after the first race, so if its good maybe more of forzaGAF enters

Server's on this game are sooo bad, so i'm quitting racing until no6 or something is done.I'm really suprised there is'nt a bigger uproar about this, last i was racing a indycar series that i'm doing over at virtual motorsports and the race was a wash with speed up slow downs frame drops, it was really bad but this aint the first time this was race 7 of 8 and i don't think i've had 1 race in this series without issues.

Hyperbole aside, there definitely is an issue as your experience mirrors mine that I've mentioned in this very thread where the game essentially feels like it's speeding up and down.

Work has been a nightmare for the last Two weeks. In fact I am at work right now. Going to try to be at the race today as I can't let my team mate down again but I don't know if I will make it.

zorbsie

Just checking in for today's race. I'll be hosting. Who's in?
I can't say I'll be as prompt as Spades with the race start times, but I'll try. :)

Bobnob

ok, challenge accepted :p
but not today 'cause I signed up on virtual motorsports for the league to see how it goes. around 115 people did, first race today just about after our race

lots of guys from those teams that top the boards participate, hopefully it will be fun.

I will tell you what I think after the first race, so if its good maybe more of forzaGAF enters
Yeah good luck tonight.

zorbsie

Small turn out today but some great racing regardless. 2-4 was changing almost throughout the whole race. Here are the final standings.

1. P3tran
2. Shortt Sirket
3. FrontierUK
4. Zorbsie

P3tran had the fastest lap time with a clean 2:14:404. Good race fellas.

fethebox

Neo Member
Are there any good Forza youtube channels I can watch to try and get faster? Online I generally am firmly around middle of the pack but the best people in most rooms beat my laps by 3-6 seconds, no idea how to improve my times and just sitting there playing isn't making me any faster anymore..

SarBear

Thanks for the support guys!!!!

She had an allergic reaction to red dye in a popsicle and then had an asthma attack on top of it. She's ok though.

BIGT468

Thanks for the support guys!!!!

She had an allergic reaction to red dye in a popsicle and then had an asthma attack on top of it. She's ok though.

Good to hear everything is ok.

Devildoll: Don't worry I also lost track of time today and didn't make it.

SarBear, I'm glad she's OK, who could have thought a popsicle would be that dangerous!

Now, I've been thinking something...I forgot to make a special set about the Ring. The Enzo!

Here it is:

14809703666_1df4d6d59b_h.jpg

14645977420_df6bc304f5_h.jpg

14829615601_3067106966_h.jpg

14829615381_476464e330_h.jpg

14830344924_9edcd83d82_h.jpg

Spades

Small turn out today but some great racing regardless. 2-4 was changing almost throughout the whole race. Here are the final standings.

1. P3tran
2. Shortt Sirket
3. FrontierUK
4. Zorbsie

P3tran had the fastest lap time with a clean 2:14:404. Good race fellas.

Thanks for hosting man - I just got back from Germany so I'll update the standings now.

Spades

tumblr_n8o0ddwX9A1qiv7luo1_250.png

Results after round five, Bathurst.

Drivers
1 - SarBear / 62 (Joker)
2 - p3tran / 58 (Joker)
3 - Devildoll / 34 (Joker)
4 - Spades / 30 (Joker)
5 - BIGT468 / 26 (Joker)
6 - Shortt Sirket / 21 (Joker)
7 - frontieruk / 14 (Joker)
8 - zorbsie / 13 (Joker)
9 - EBreda / 8 (Joker)
10 - Cushen / 5 (Joker)
11 - Flying Toaster / 1 (Joker)
---
CrudeDiatribe / 0 (Joker)
soundscream / 0
Cyros / 0
RWB993 / 0 (Joker)

Team
1 - DP Ninjas / 72 (Joker)
2 - Shake N Bake / 60 (Joker)
3 - CarWorks / 57 (Joker)
4 - Mediocre Motorsport / 51 (Joker)
5 - Maple Syrp / 19 (Joker)
6 - WestJet Racing / 7 (Joker)
---
MustangsR4LOSERS / 0

Next week's race is at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
This will be the final round in the championship. Lots of potential to move up/down, regardless of your league position!
t1407693600z1.png

Zorbs, have you finalised any details for the Mazda championship yet?

Megasoum

Banned
I've been playing for over 3 weeks now and I just realized this morning that Suzuka is not in the game. A shame, such an amazing track.

Omni

Are there any more tracks that you can buy in this game?

I was looking through the track list in events and it seems pretty limited? Maybe? I dunno. It my first racing game so perhaps I was expecting too much. But there are so many cars and few tracks /shrugs

did an update change camera angles for nurburgring replays ?
i could swear they were the same as FM4's ?

i tend to forget how good this game looks
I don't quite recall the FM4 Nürburgring track cams but i doubt they're the same, given the amount of work they did to this version i guess it would'nt fit or something. There is a camera going from Ex-Muhle to the kink before Bergwerk that's really shaky and dramatic i really dig that camera

saladine1

Oh God I hope Turn 10 completely overhauls the replay system. I really don't understand why they can't get it right...

Anyway, another saladine1 request for FM6.

I would love to see a Shift 2 type of "works conversion" options or at least something similar for FM6.

As it stands now, the cockpit of a highly modified/upgraded car barely changes(except for roll-cage) to reflect actual intent of said car. The steering wheel stays the same, the seats stay the same, the dash stays the same..etc. I mean, i've poured thousands of dollars into a car with race spec brakes and suspension, 600hp motor and race spec transmission, wide tyres and aero parts..yet....my interior still looks like a factory item.
Also, when you upgrade the exhaust system to a straight through racing item, a pea shooter still resides at the back on the majority of the cars!
It just doesn't look right at all..

Of course, the changes don't need to be made if you add 'stage 1' and 'stage 2' upgrades but if I go all out and turn my car into a fire-breathing track monster, I would like to see it reflected back into the car...

Obviously, SHIFT 2 doesn't have the same amount of cars as Forza so it would be a lot of work for the modelling guys. But if they can pull it off, it would add a great deal of authenticity and a sense of aggression to a race modified vehicle..

eso76

I don't quite recall the FM4 Nürburgring track cams but i doubt they're the same, given the amount of work they did to this version i guess it would'nt fit or something. There is a camera going from Ex-Muhle to the kink before Bergwerk that's really shaky and dramatic i really dig that camera

When the track launched in FM5 i watched some replay footage and thought "duh, they used the same camera angles as FM4".

But after watching that video i quoted, that's not the case at all, so i wondered if they were updated somehow ? probably just my memory playing tricks on me though.

Those used for FM5 ring are probably the best camera angles in any FM replay to date, even the pesky car clouseups are great here with the shaky cam.

Mascot

Obviously, SHIFT 2 doesn't have the same amount of cars as Forza so it would be a lot of work for the modelling guys. But if they can pull it off, it would add a great deal of authenticity and a sense of aggression to a race modified vehicle..

This is the crux of the argument against overbloated car counts.
Personally, I'd prefer fewer cars but with the kind of upgrades you are talking about, and more tracks.

Obviously, more tracks.

Steering wheels should be relatively easy-- just model a few racing wheels (different diameters? Shapes?) and program their displays. Make it an upgrade and replace the standard wheel model with the racing wheel chosen for that car. (I say easy because I assume the steering wheel is a separate 3D model-- it was in most racing games I've seen the inner workings of)

They could reuse straight-pipe models like they have with wings-- the problem being the body kits that move the exhaust exits. Lots of the economy cars cum race cars should get exhausts exiting under one of the cabin doors. Anyway, not as straight forward as racing wheels.

If we can add another everyone's an armchair programmer request, can it be that they fix the UV maps so that every car's lines up with the grid system? So that 0 is along the middle of the car and that the same coordinates match on the left-right sides? I think it is much better in FM5, but there are still some cars that are off.

I had a message from someone on live saying my drivatar was owning them in C class, rather cool to have someone talk good things on live for once!

However what got me is that he said my car had a peppa pig skin and his kids enjoyed seeing it... I never used or downloaded such a skin.

So does forza 5 bullshit and use random skins for your drivatar? that dampens what I thought the game did which was take your AI and cars to race others, seems like a lie to me.

I've gotten to see a lot of clips of my drivatar thanks to my brother, and it seems like the system will use your choices (not tuning) if they're available.

If it's a track or career event that I've driven with an appropriate car, I've never seen it swap out the livery. If I hadn't, then I have seen it randomly select the car and livery.

I had a message from someone on live saying my drivatar was owning them in C class, rather cool to have someone talk good things on live for once!

However what got me is that he said my car had a peppa pig skin and his kids enjoyed seeing it... I never used or downloaded such a skin.

So does forza 5 bullshit and use random skins for your drivatar? that dampens what I thought the game did which was take your AI and cars to race others, seems like a lie to me.

I have always seen people on my rivals using the same livery as they were using when playing online.

Speaking of which chasing after CrudeDiatribe's RX7 on Bathurst was fun last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHwfPF2J3hE

Wouldnt have had you if you didnt screw up a couple of turns, but driving with all assist off gets kind of squirrely in that car.

I have always seen people on my rivals using the same livery as they were using when playing online.

Yeah, Rivals uses the livery the lap was recorded with. I have seen Drivatars using liveries you guys have used online.

Wouldnt have had you if you didnt screw up a couple of turns, but driving with all assist off gets kind of squirrely in that car.

I will have to find some time to right this wrong. (And not eat dirt on top of the mountain).

Top Bottom