• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

gragy10

Finally cracked and picked up a dirt cheap Xbone from Gumtree and ordered the steelbook edition from Game.
Picked up every other Forza day one, hoping some of the usual launch kinks have been ironed out now

The career races aren't all two lap affairs at all. Plenty of interesting stuff in there.

Not all of them but lots of them and especially in the begining.

And yes, I miss endurance races too, they should be optional but available still.

Anyways, I´ll stop complaining, I love this franchise, I think Forza Horizon 2 is going to be great and I hope Forza 6 does it much better, hopefully to be a rightfull succesor of Forza 4.

Read the drag slicks have a very short life, never botherd with them before.

Is it possible to force the AI, sorry Drivatars, to use them for some mini endurance racing with pitstops?

Is anyone using the GTE wheel on the TX for this game?

I'm just wondering if it has any compatibility issues with the game as I don't plan on using the shit wheel it comes with.

Megasoum

Banned
I got used to the stock rim and I really don't mind it now. If I'm gonna pay 150$ for an addon I will buy the shifter before another rim.... And if I do end up buying a rim I'll get the F1 rim so that way I have both types of rim for the kit.

G Rom

Some new photos :

mobile.6007js6a.jpg

mobile.601vkrur.jpg

mobile.602j4ai2.jpg

mobile.6036hjm0.jpg

mobile.6044akqc.jpg

BTW, my 1.5M credits of Forza Rewards really were lost in limbo during the server issues... :(

zorbsie

Great shots G Rom. Wish I could gift you the credits. That logo shot, loads of detail in there for something you'd never see unless you got that close to it. Great stuff.

Some new photos :

BTW, my 1.5M credits of Forza Rewards really were lost in limbo during the server issues... :(

Really nice pics, man. Love the close up on the logo especially. I'll have some up later that I took of a few of the classic Ferrari's.

Take care.

MouldyK

Ugh, does anyone know why some cars have crackling sounds? Using Mercedes 190E in the Iconic Sportscars Series and my ears are dying of crackling from either my car or another car in the pile.

Love the game and my new Xbox One, but between this, the freezing it does sometimes when I am trying to look at achievements and the screen staying dim sometimes, getting quite worried. :/

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the wheel already for the pc and was fortunate enough to find the base of the TX on craiglist so I went ahead and got it.

G Rom

Thanks for the comments on the photos. You took some great shots as well, SalientChief !

Here are some more from today :
mobile.6095jsjd.jpg

mobile.6109wdqg.jpg

mobile.611jvft7.jpg

mobile.612wlu63.jpg

zorbsie

OK guys, I'm sure it's pretty clear we aren't doing another season of racing. I really wanted to do the Miata races and have it end the weekend before Horizon 2 comes out. But life got in the way. lol I do have a code for The Bondurant Car Pack which I was going to give to someone who wanted to race with us but didn't have the car. Anyways if anyone wants the pack let me know and I'll send the code over to you.

MouldyK

OK guys, I'm sure it's pretty clear we aren't doing another season of racing. I really wanted to do the Miata races and have it end the weekend before Horizon 2 comes out. But life got in the way. lol I do have a code for The Bondurant Car Pack which I was going to give to someone who wanted to race with us but didn't have the car. Anyways if anyone wants the pack let me know and I'll send the code over to you.

Only just got a Xbox One with Forza 5 1.5 weeks ago, mostly for Horizon 2. I would love the code if you wanted to give it to me. :)

I mean I need to get the car pass for my Forza Rewards anyway and this will be included I believe, but i'd still be happy to get some more cars earlier.

zorbsie

Only just got a Xbox One with Forza 5 1.5 weeks ago, mostly for Horizon 2. I would love the code if you wanted to give it to me. :)

I mean I need to get the car pass for my Forza Rewards anyway and this will be included I believe, but i'd still be happy to get some more cars earlier.

If you are getting the car pass, you really don't need this pack. It is included in the pass. But if no one else wants it, it's yours.

MouldyK

That's fine. Give it a day or two. If no-one wants, i'll take it. If someone wants it, then that's also fine. Horizon 2 demo tomorrow anyway. :D

Drastic

I would love to get this pack if you still have it?

Stubo

I feel like I already know the answer to this but here goes:

Upon seeing that the horizon 2 vip membership is 50% off for forza 5 vip members I'm thinking about buying vip. I wasn't sure how much value I'd get from it originally but I've found myself playing a lot since I picked up my xbox one last month.

I've reached level 105 or so, am I correct in thinking that the vip credit bonus will only apply to newly gained levels (and therefore I've missed out on ~3.5m credits)?

If not then it's a definite buy for me because it would make it so much easier to afford the cars needed to complete all career events.

Also I know about forza rewards, trying to hit tier 6 in time for horizon 2!

I've reached level 105 or so, am I correct in thinking that the vip credit bonus will only apply to newly gained levels (and therefore I've missed out on ~3.5m credits)?

If not then it's a definite buy for me because it would make it so much easier to afford the cars needed to complete all career events.

I'm pretty sure the VIP level-up bonus isn't applied retroactively. There was a VIP pass problem for some users during launch, and I think they were gifted the missed money.

Stubo

I'm pretty sure the VIP level-up bonus isn't applied retroactively. There was a VIP pass problem for some users during launch, and I think they were gifted the missed money.
Yeah I decided to give it a try earlier and didn't get any of those sweet stacks.

It's nice to have the extra cars and credits from now at least.

JP

Does anybody know of somewhere that is selling the Car Pass (UK) at a discount? Wouldn't getting it but there's no way in hell I'm paying £40 for it.

gragy10

Does anybody know of somewhere that is selling the Car Pass (UK) at a discount? Wouldn't getting it but there's no way in hell I'm paying £40 for it.

Game.co.uk are doing instant delivery d/l car pass codes for £30'ish (I bit yesterday)

Top Bottom