• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Seanspeed

Banned
Its a carbon copy of FM4. Even the layout. Exact same stuff.

Only difference is that they've remodelled the icons and of course your car looks a bajilliion times better sitting there.

I ranked on this in the F1 thread, but seriously the driver models in the open wheel cars are hilariously teeny. Dude can't see shit. All I can think about is dumbass Anakin in his podracer when I see it.

21xf60.gif
lol

That's going to ruin any pictures taken with it out on-track.

First photos taken in the game :

10989362785_31463f2036_o.jpg

This one is really nice.

I do wonder, though: Since the crowds are so numerous this time around, but also really funny-looking, does this mean that adding some motion blur to photos will be necessary more and more? I like the look of action shots, but its nice to get a nice, clear one once in a while.

Jube3

Was waiting for some pics Grom.

Don't be shy and work some of your magic :)

Also, let other people know how you've extracted them, with someone mentioning earlier that they struggled to find them, the more the better as I've got a little wait on my hands.

Whilst I'm here. Sal, what were these little features that you kept teasing?

I grabbed them for him for now, I'll update once its up.

Here are some I took recently
10990883986_33bfe34c5d_b.jpg

10990933364_3ffc2b4ea2_b.jpg

10990980773_a26549c09f_b.jpg

10990940834_51ec278d0e_b.jpg

10990883936_b361053115_b.jpg

10990933294_1a558c54e0_b.jpg

10990940744_54de4b7800_b.jpg

10990835095_a1ebcf4040_b.jpg

Porsche9146

Neo Member
Man, seeing a Jube post takes me back to when I was 14 and being obnoxious in his Forza 3 stream's chat... Why was I on the internet at all at 14? Why was I so obnoxious? Why was I even still in a pre-release Forza 3 stream's chat weeks after Forza 3's release? I'm not sure I'll ever know the answers to these questions.

I do, however, know that the results of FM5's photomode are incredible. Absolutely incredible.

nikos

I purchased an Xbone on impulse tonight. Not sure if I want to keep it. Is this game worth the price of admission? I already spent way too much money on games in the last week but I'd like to play this. Not sure what to do.

Spookie

It will never be a hardscore sim.

Whelp. I'm in no rush to buy a new console today then. :(

edit: Just checked and no one has a wheel out for the XBone or PS4 it appears. Fuck that noise. You would have thought Fanatec, Thrustmaster or even Logitech would have that ready for launch.

Fruitster

The F1 and Indy cars, are you able to create designs for them like other cars? I was wondering if there was some kind of liscencing issue that prevented it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So "Unbeatable" difficulty isn't really all that unbeatable. I was hoping that the AI would be able to drive around an oval circuit competitively now.. but nope (yeah, I actually enjoy that).
Somehow they are unable to drive the same car at the same speed down a straight line.

Apparently that needs more than a cloud.

So my console will be here at 1.30pm. Now just worried about my LCE copy of Forza shipped by Game two days ago. Don't let me down Mr Postman.

Edit: Hey look at that, what a day to leave junior status!

Thanks Jube, teething problems I'm sure, but nice to see you back also.

Can't wait to drool over more user pics :)

Helios, nice to see you've popped your head in now the storm has died down a little, got away with that one (well, many) a bit easy don't you think? Anyways, any news on when we'll have the Classic F1 drivers seating position amended? Also, will there be updates to the crowd, the fact that there are only 10 or so models pasted hundreds of times is a bit embarrassing.

Mascot

So "Unbeatable" difficulty isn't really all that unbeatable. I was hoping that the AI would be able to drive around an oval circuit competitively now.. but nope (yeah, I actually enjoy that).
Somehow they are unable to drive the same car at the same speed down a straight line.

Apparently that needs more than a cloud.

By 'AI' do you mean Drivatars, or is there a separate traditional AI model you can select?

Edit: Whoah! Jube!

saladine1

I'm absolutely in LOVe with the new physics. Yes, I'm playing with a fucking controller but even with the pad I can feel a massive difference in everything.
There's a lot of things that can unsettle the car. Bumps, strips, offroad then on..etc. It all taxes the handling and balance.
Also, lift off oversteer, snap oversteer, mid corner oversteer..etc all feels fucking realistic. No longer can I just keep the throttle down in a sweeping corner. I have to modulate the shit out of everything!

Also, the drivatars are a God-send. I've never had so much fun, so much of a challenge as I have had in just one race in FM5. No longer do I feel lonely at the front of the pack. No, now I feel lonely at the back!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
By 'AI' do you mean Drivatars, or is there a separate traditional AI model you can select?

Edit: Whoah! Jube!

No separate options. Just various difficulties of drivatars. Not really finding them that different to FM4 AI. Apart from the pileup on the first corner, but that may be due to 16 cars (and me).

I'm absolutely in LOVe with the new physics. Yes, I'm playing with a fucking controller but even with the pad I can feel a massive difference in everything.
There's a lot of things that can unsettle the car. Bumps, strips, offroad then on..etc. It all taxes the handling and balance.
Also, lift off oversteer, snap oversteer, mid corner oversteer..etc all feels fucking realistic. No longer can I just keep the throttle down in a sweeping corner. I have to modulate the shit out of everything!

Playing with sim steering? I tried that for a few races but couldn't control the car. Was hard.

p3tran

Banned
OH MAN!! I THINK I WILL KILL AMAZON!!!!

I CONTACTED UPS TO FIND WHERE MY XBONE IS, AND THE GUYS TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVENT EVEN RECEIVED MY PACKAGE YET!!

THEY TOLD ME THAT AMAZON HAD JUST PRINTED A LABEL WITH A TRACKING NO. BUT THE PACKAGE IS STILL SOMEWHERE IN AMAZON OFFICES/WAREHOUSE, AND HAVE NOT GIVEN IT YET TO THE COURIER.

AND THE BEST PART IS, UPS DONT WORK ON SATURDAYS OR SUNDAYS...
SO AMAZON HAS BEEN LYING TO ME ALL THIS TIME.....

AND THE SOONEST I WILL RECEIVE SHOULD BE ....MONDAY

SO FUCK AMAZON!! THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST PURCHASE I EVER MADE OF THOSE FUCKERS!!!
oh, and FUCK THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT TOO!! ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS THEY DONT HAVE A FUCKING CLUE! THEY ONLY SWEETALK TO CUSTOMERS!

/wastegate dump complete

very nice pics G-ROM
and a big shoutout to JUBE!!!!

guys, I will be living forza by your impressions the next 3 days, so BRING IT!!!

:D

They really need to fix this install shit.

For whatever reason im getting horrible speeds so that 6 gig DL aint happening. So I unplugged my XB1 and just started the install from the disc 7 min later it was game time did a few races and all was well. Looked at the progress and it was 90% done so I said hey lets plug this back in..............horrible decision!

Now it saw it needed an update and said fuck you, no playing till we down load this bitch.

Fuck man, its so stupid that I have 90% of the disc installed and it wont let me play till that fucking update is done.

Also, the drivatars are a God-send. I've never had so much fun, so much of a challenge as I have had in just one race in FM5. No longer do I feel lonely at the front of the pack. No, now I feel lonely at the back!

Sounds great, hopefully enough to level the playing field with wheel users.

Got the Xbox sitting at home. May get to play before wrapping it up, deffo want to do some updates.

Raudi

I grabbed them for him for now, I'll update once its up.

Here are some I took recently
10990883986_33bfe34c5d_b.jpg

It's Jube!!

Incredible photo's - glad you are still here!!

Can't wait to pick up my XBONE and Forza LE in a few hours from UPS CC and join in the fun

Thrustmaster TX hasn't shipped yet.... :(

G Rom

Just a heads up about car prices, they're fluctuating depending from where you buy your car. When I go to buy a car the normal way, the 190E is going for 28000 Cr. and the 250 GTO for 6M, the same cars are respectively 67950 Cr. and more than 6M when you try to buy them through the careers for which they're recommended. That's because those prices include automatic upgrades.

For those of you with VIP car pack, there are rivals events that let you drive those, if you want to test some the more expensive ones.

Speaking of LCE, still no sign of the free tokens.

saladine1

I love how the glass in the cockpit is represented. The windscreen has a slight dark greenish tint and if you have coloured tints on the side windows, that's the colour you see out of that particular window.
Only when you change camera to bonnet or behind view that you get the natural colours and lighting of that particular track. Very nice indeed.

Oh, and the highest AI difficulty setting is fucking brutal!
I've never really struggled before in Forza but man is my ass getting handed to me every which way..

Also, customization looks very nice. The textures and details are high quality. I mean, you can even paint your stock wheels now and in fucking wood materials if you choose so.

I swear, I'm having a fucking ball and I've only raced with one car for 3 hours so far.
Thank you Mr. Greenawalt, I'm fucking hooked!

Seanspeed

Banned
I mean, you can even paint your stock wheels now and in fucking wood materials if you choose so.
Really cool. Why on earth were they not talking about this kind of thing before release??!?!

Also, Yas Marinas seems to really fit the whole art style of Forza with its vibrant colors and almost fantasy track-levels of presentation.

ekim

Do you guys also have problems with the head tracking? I suspect my Kinect sits too low (30cm from ground, minimum height in manual is 60cm)

Mascot

Also, customization looks very nice. The textures and details are high quality. I mean, you can even paint your stock wheels now and in fucking wood materials if you choose so.

OK, here's a mini-comp for shits & giggles: post an image of the weirdest car you can come up with. I'm talking leather wheels and rattan bodywork here, that kind of thing.

Majanew

Banned
Why does T10 insist on forcing me into unskipable shit? I just want to go to the main menu, adjust audio, and then go racing. Not being forced into a Prague race and then shoved right into career. And I want to skip what Jeremy and the girl are saying before the race. I don't give a shit.

benzy

We're gonna have a thread dedicated to photomode right?

Why does T10 insist on forcing me into unskipable shit? I just want to go to the main menu, adjust audio, and then go racing. Not being forced into a Prague race and then shoved right into career. And I want to skip what Jeremy and the girl are saying before the race. I don't give a shit.

Lol. Yeah, the game and racing genre in general is so straight forward I'll never understand why they do this. Same goes for the DIRT games.

eso76

Installing, can't play right now..

so the bone itself isn't ugly.
its lighter than though
pad feels amazing but they forgot to indicate how to insert batteries..i had to try different combinations.
also no power cord in my box, thankfully x360's worked

Top Bottom