• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive. Experience the danger and beauty of competitive racing at the limit in Forza Motorsport 7. Enjoy gorgeous graphics at 60fps and true 4K resolution in HDR. Collect over 700 Forzavista™ cars, including the largest assortment of Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis ever. Master over 30 famous environments with race conditions that change every time you race. Available October 3, 2017 on Xbox One and Windows 10. Coming Holiday 2017 for Xbox One X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dokpy_KIuyA

Momentary

Banned
I've been playing project cars 2 on a Titan Xp and this looks way better. CAN'T wait to pick this up on PC. The best looking racer. I hope they also include the 2017 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.

hirokazu

Damn, 700 cars. That was GT4’s major selling point. How many does GT Sport have? I feel like Polyphony spent the PS3 years resting on their laurels.

I'm liking all the little animations that have been added, they bring some life to the game.

Oh and now we've got some translucent graphics on the windscreens finally.

Avtomat

Is dynamic Time of Day and weather confirmed they seemed to intimate dynamic weather didnt hear anything about time of day?

Does the track dry after it has rained - so many questions from me - its my most anticipated Xbox game this year.

Is dynamic Time of Day and weather confirmed they seemed to intimate dynamic weather didnt hear anything about time of day?

Does the track dry after it has rained - so many questions from me - its my most anticipated Xbox game this year.

I think it's just dynamic weather this time, haven't seen any time lapse showing off day to night transitions like you'd expect if they were in.

Could be wrong but only expected one or the other.

eso76

I think it's just dynamic weather this time, haven't seen any time lapse showing off day to night transitions like you'd expect if they were in.

Could be wrong but only expected one or the other.

I don't know, in that 5' gameplay video lighting seems to have changed a lot by the end of the race.
It definitely seems darker but who knows

Edit: it does change. That absolutely can't be because of weather alone.

scitek

Will the PC version have HDR support, too, or are they still purposely gimping it to force people to buy the console?

I don't know, in that 5' gameplay video lighting seems to have changed a lot by the end of the race.
It definitely seems darker but who knows

Edit: it does change. That absolutely can't be because of weather alone.

The conference bit Dan gave mentioned changing TOD.

It still looks the same to me (although in 4k and better) but the texture style they use just isn't for me at all.

Seems it has had a similar style since the first few games

SliChillax

The game doesnt look incredible, but the IQ looks fucking phenomenal.

Are we finally seeing the end of fuckin aliasing on consoles?

My thoughts, especially in the interior view of that GTR race car lighting looks a bit flat? Don't know, IQ wise it's amazing but it's not jaw dropping. I will buy it and enjoy it either way.

LoveCake

I wonder what the improvements are in 7 over 6 on the original Xbox One (what I have) are though?

I will buy this day one as my Xbox is just a Forza machine (unfortunately).

eso76

The conference bit Dan gave mentioned changing TOD.

Didn't catch that, only heard dynamic weather, but that video makes it clear enough.
Very well done and seamless too.

Well, it remains to be seen if it's across all tracks this time or just a limited selection.

We need moar, when does FM.net updates with the info !

Mascot

My thoughts, especially in the interior view of that GTR race car lighting looks a bit flat? Don't know, IQ wise it's amazing but it's not jaw dropping. I will buy it and enjoy it either way.
It's overcast. Lighting will look flat in those conditions.

I'm amazed that the visuals are being criticised here. It looks phenomenal.

Gestault

HeliosT10

Digital Foundry 4K crystal ball on Xbox One X

4.jpg

ZAkOo.jpg

Grassy

The Verge preview: https://www.theverge.com/games/2017/6/11/15770948/e3-2017-forza-motorsport-7-scorpio-play-story

Dynamic weather system/puddles etc. confirmed
30 tracks/200 configurations
Fully customizable driver
Lee's small character team has funneled a ton of effort into creating absurd levels of detail for the now more prominent driver, by building out a catalog of racing suits, helmets, gloves, and more. The game has over 300 character designs, and about a week or more of work went into each. There are female and male models, and different ”silhouettes," or body types, for both, each of which took around five weeks to design.

Uploading 4K Photomode pics right now, might take me awhile...

Momentary

Banned
The animations of the rattling of components is just amazing. It really helps make the cars look less sterile than in other racing games.

In like Flynn, thank god for the PC version. Hopefully the performance is decent, more like Apex than Forza Horizon 3 (at launch). 4k60fps will be a breeze if they manage that, since I just got a new GPU.

Hopefully I'll be able to disable the shaky cam, it's giving me nausea, a lot of it.

I keep watching over and over. It looks so good. And they fixed the dang trees! That was my biggest beef from the last game.

It genuinely looks jaw dropping in some scenes. Especially the buildings. They've really nailed the scale.

It's definitely the cleanest looking racer I've ever seen. I thought Forza Horizons IQ wasn't going to be topped any time soon but here we are.

If this is the X version then good Lawd I am stoked to see how my 1080 handles this.

Bless you Turn 10.

Looks really cool but having bought now a series of forza games - F5, FH2, F6, FH3 - at launch, I realize I am 100% in the forza horizon camp and not really a fan of the straight up circuit racing games. I never made it through any of the F5/F6 campaigns whereas I've made it all the way to the final event in FH, FH2, and FH3.

I'll get it eventually when its on sale digitally and enjoy it but I love the kookiness and crazy things you can do in the horizon series and get really bored of just straight up lap racing. Truck racing looked cool and fun though.

For any forza fans, make sure you login weekly (fridays) to the forza rewards site, you get a free bonus money payout every week just for having played the previous games. makes it easy to buy stuff in game
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US

Top Bottom