• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 E3 4K Trailer (XB1/PC)

Forza Motorsport 7 immerses players in the exhilarating thrill of competitive racing. From mastering the new motorsport-inspired campaign to collecting a wide range of cars to experiencing the excitement of driving at the limit, this is Forza reimagined.

It's worded vaguely enough so that it could mean anything, and showing GT cars from a half-dozen formulas racing against one another, (as in Forzas past), is reason enough to be skeptical about how seriously they're taking this, but time will tell.

dismissivewank.gif~c200

The most predictable milquetoast thing they could lead the show with.

paskowitz

Day 1 on PC. I've heard good things about the FFB and physics from a friend who works at T10. Like some publications said, it was a high priority this time around.

Momentary

Banned
If this game already looks this good on a $500 machine and is capable of 4K60FPS... I wonder if they have some other graphical goodies for those with higher end hardware. Downsampling is given, but instead of IQ I hope they bring in some of that HBAO+ goodness.

Grassy

I'd also like to see Camino Viejo return, loved that track.

And as you might have noticed the developer is Japanese. It's just a pain to work with them if you are from the rest of the western world. Japanese culture is just weird.

Ian Bell of Project Cars 2 said the licensing costs for Suzuka were ridiculous.

Day 1 on PC. I've heard good things about the FFB and physics from a friend who works at T10. Like some publications said, it was a high priority this time around.

I can't wait to hear what Team VVV and ISR have to say about it.
For ISR only John Sable(who thought FH3's FFB was fine) is at E3, sadly not Billy. But I've tweeted John a week ago, he said he'd try to squeeze an FM6 session in his sim-rig testing-for-review sessions right before he went to E3 to remember well how FM6 felt when he gets to drive FM7 ...and hopefully can better put into words in what ways it's different this time around.

700 cars that don't all just feel like "yep, it's a car in Forza" but really individual plus dynamic weather and time of day... I'm setting myself up for disappointment, right?? Goddamn...
Well, there is still pCARS2 that could deliver.

Ian Bell of Project Cars 2 said the licensing costs for Suzuka were ridiculous.
Marco from Kunos called the Suzuka license holders "crazy". Seems like some companies are more likely to work with devs from their own country. Kunos got Ferrari, but couldn't afford/please Aston Martin when they tried, which is in Project CARS 1, but not Ferrari. Only console game with Suzuka is Gran Turismo (one GTS screenshot was semi-identified to be Suzuka) it seems. On PC there is RaceRoom that has Suzuka, but you have to buy the track extra, not in any content-packs.

Navy Bean

Forza is about the most reliable gaming franchise out there. They're all good to great, with excellent production value, visuals, controls, etc. it's a bit boring at this point but if you want a great racing game then there you go.

jryeje29

Cant freaking wait, ive always been more of a fan of Gran Turismo but i still love the forza franchise, plus what ive seen of GT sport just isnt doing for me yet. 60fps 4k and 700 cars Day 1 buy.

Really happy for a new Forza Motorsport, I've recently played a bit of Forza 6 again so this is welcome news.

I'd like to see how it looks on the One S in comparison to the One X!

Putty

Terrific IQ! The dubai footage looked ace but the 5 min Nurb footage didn't impress me as much..700 is a fantastic car roster count mind!

nowarning

I haven't played a Forza game since 3, but I've been wanting to play something like that lately - will be picking this up on PC, looks awesome.

Mascot

Watched that 5m rainy Nurb footage on my 65" KS9000 this morning and the IQ is amazing, right off into the distance. It looks like all assets are LoD zero. The only weird thing is the lack of tyre trails behind the cars on the wet track which kind of makes the cars look less grounded. If T10 can find the overhead for this then it'll make a huge difference.

I'm still flabbergasted that they used an AI driver, with the racing line turned on (along with a whole bunch of other hand-holding assists). That lurching around in the congestion at the start looked very silly until the track opened up. A good human driver against better AI would have had a much bigger impact. I'm guessing overall AI was set pretty low as there was a fair bit of braking mid-corner and strobing of brake lights. Yeak, OK - it was a fucking monsoon, but still. The AI better handle corners better than previous FMs or it could be a real immersion breaker.

And why the FUCK did MS release ANY 30fps footage of a rock-solid 4k60 game? That's just a fucking gormless decision.

Can't wait for more 4k60 footage and hands-on impressions. Also, does 30 tracks mean 30 distinct tracks?

Hyped to the point of thinking I'll buy an X then deflated to think my Fanatec rig won't work so thinking seriously about a gaming PC again. The cycle continues.

This is great to hear, thanks.

eso76

Can't wait for more 4k60 footage and hands-on impressions. Also, does 30 tracks mean 30 distinct tracks?

30 different locations.
It's not a lot when FM6 had 26.
With Maple Valley, Desert Track and Mugello being 3 of the 4 new locations.

Anion

Damn I need a 4K tv now. Been playing Forza heavily since Forza 2. Man seeing them proudly say 4k/60 fps makes my heart stutter. All those details about the rattling, windshield vibration and race suit customization makes me so happy

Watched that 5m rainy Nurb footage on my 65" KS9000 this morning and the IQ is amazing, right off into the distance. It looks like all assets are LoD zero. The only weird thing is the lack of tyre trails behind the cars on the wet track which kind of makes the cars look less grounded. If T10 can find the overhead for this then it'll make a huge difference.

I'm still flabbergasted that they used an AI driver, with the racing line turned on (along with a whole bunch of other hand-holding assists). That lurching around in the congestion at the start looked very silly until the track opened up. A good human driver against better AI would have had a much bigger impact. I'm guessing overall AI was set pretty low as there was a fair bit of braking mid-corner and strobing of brake lights. Yeak, OK - it was a fucking monsoon, but still. The AI better handle corners better than previous FMs or it could be a real immersion breaker.

And why the FUCK did MS release ANY 30fps footage of a rock-solid 4k60 game? That's just a fucking gormless decision.

Hyped to the point of thinking I'll buy an X then deflated to think my Fanatec rig won't work so thinking seriously about a gaming PC again. The cycle continues.

Agree with your points here, especially the bolded. They need some effects to make that visual transition from car to ground better.

GHG

Gold Member

Get youself sorted out with a PC. If you have the option you'd be silly not to if you're serious about sim racing. No peripheral bullshittery and you'll have access to other great racing games like RaceRoom.

danowat

Banned
It looks great (would anyone expect anything different?) but I am more interested in what features the game has, looking forward to hearing what T10 has in store, and if they manage to fix/add some of the things that people have been screaming for for years.

Mascot

Agree with your points here, especially the bolded. They need some effects to make that visual transition from car to ground better.

Even something as simple as a temporary fading matte skidmark texture would work wonders.

Get youself sorted out with a PC. If you have the option you'd be silly not to if you're serious about sim racing. No peripheral bullshittery and you'll have access to other great racing games like RaceRoom.

I know, I know. It's high time I pissed or got off the pot. It's the thought of replacing peripheral bullshittery with PC driver bullshittery that keeps giving me reservations..! ;)

Top Bottom