• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 is Reaching End of Life: Sepember 15 2021 you will no longer be able to buy this game or its DLC

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
People need to stop giving MS a hard time over this. It's not their fault.

They didn't even have to make amends for it, but they're trying to by giving out free codes for the game. This just shows how much MS have changed and how they're the current saints of gaming.

Long live MS and Saint Phil. Praise them!

makaveli60

Prohibiting redownloading games you've purchases is very rare, at least on PC & consoles (afaik it can be more common on mobile devices). I can remember this happening to Minecraft Story Mode after Telltale shut down (I haven't verified if it's true). But yeah, it's the next step after delisting games. Personally I'll be supporting physical releases for as long as disc drive consoles are going to be available.
It is rare, but anything can happen with your digital games, you are not in control at all. So yeah, I will also support physical games as long as I can. Though I buy digital sometimes when a game I’m just mildly interested in has a good sale.

Banned
Because they are literally deleting a 4 year old game, what dont you understand? DS came out 14 years ago. Currently on PS4 I can download NFS Rivals from 8 years ago, NFS 2015 from 6 years ago and NFS payback from 4 years ago. They are still there and will be for who knows how long and have over and over discounts as well but they aint getting delisted.

Its a 4 year old game and they already removing it from existence? Why? They don't have money for license renewal? Also im a PS4 player, I dont have an XsX yet so its not like i was sitting on a MS platform and ignored the game.

car licensing actually got worse over time. Toyota famously gave many games a lot of trouble because they were super strict on what kind of racing can be done with their cars, often completely refusing to license their cars if you can do illegal street racing in a game.

as racing games became more and more popular as well these companies now feel like they have way mor leverage because they know that players want to have their cars in the newest racing title so they get what they want from the publishers.

back when these older NFS titles released this wasn't the case as much as it is now.
you can tell by looking at other Forza titles as well, it took a decade until most of the 360 titles became unlisted, but now it's only 4 years.

same with music, GTA5 losing msuic tracks, even GTA4 was patched to get rid of music, this stuff didn't happen as much before and if it did it was for later re-releases not as a patch for an already sold title/version

I honestly think this might even get worse if Microsoft and other racing game publishers don't figure out new ways lf doing this, like negotiating permanent licenses for game titles that are tied to the game not tied to a time window

Genx3

I just got a message from Xbox about it:

DqrmWsn.jpg

Free - nice 🙂
That's a pretty nice thing to do!
Wow MS has done a full 180 and been Pro consumer since Phil took over.

xrnzaaas

It is rare, but anything can happen with your digital games, you are not in control at all. So yeah, I will also support physical games as long as I can. Though I buy digital sometimes when a game I’m just mildly interested in has a good sale.
Fyi I know that it's technically possible, I meant that big companies aren't doing this... yet. Of course terms can change later on or companies may make it harder to download delisted stuff. I remember posts about people experiencing PS3 download errors around when Sony announced the store closure.

ZoukGalaxy

this makes no sense.

Are they printing new discs? No? Then it’s the exact same as for digital. If you already bought it, you’re fine. If you haven’t bought it, you’re not. No different than games with hard to find or expensive physical copies
Nope.
This make total sense.

Can you still buy this physical game new from existing stock even delisted from digital store ? YES
Can you still buy this physical game used ? YES
Can you buy a digital game once delisted ? NO
Can you buy a digital game used once delisted ? NO

Case solved.

Enjoy the GLORIOUS DIGITAL FUTURE baby ❤️😎😏

Cat GIF

But nevermind, just agree we disagree, there were infinite numbers of topics on the subject "DIGITAL vs PHYSICAL", no need to bring it here and get the same conclusion again, and again, and again... this won't change anything.
The future is going to be digital for sure one day, that's sad and corporate will CONTROL your "ownership". Let's move on.

You forgot one part

Glorius all digital future

:D

Fixed. 😹

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Nope.
This make total sense.

Can you still buy this physical game new from existing stock even delisted from digital store ? YES

Case solved.

Cat GIF

But nevermind, just agree we disagree, there were infinite numbers of topics on the subject "DIGITAL vs PHYSICAL", no need to bring it here and get the same conclusion again, and again, and again... this won't change anything.
The future is going to be digital for sure one day, that's sad and corporate will CONTROL your "ownership". Let's move on.

Fixed. 😹
You can buy someone’s account, or just gameshare. Pretty much the exact same.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Nope.
This make total sense.

Case solved.

Cat GIF

Fixed. 😹

so your saying a game that you haven't bought in 4 years is delisted. if you have bought it, it will ALWAYS be in you library and you will still be able to download it. no problem move along

scalman

bought it last day for 9.99 .. standard edition. its plenty cars there anyway . i played it before and i was enjoyin git a lot . handling very cool and not so much on rails as GTS cars. just dont have yet 100gb free space that its asking. as FM8 wont be out this year for sure and even is not sure will it be on 2022 early , pc just dont have anything else raly to compare to this still... sadly

Last edited:

JayK47

I picked up 6 during the "delist" sale. That was a great game. This game? Not as much fun but for $10, sure go for it. I guess I know what to expect with these Forza games. They will be delisted soon enough and I can grab it for cheap.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I still can't believe how stupid microsoft are for delisting this game so soon, the next entry is not even released! I know it must be because of licensing but I'm sure there was a way to keep the game one way or another.
I think microsoft likely expected to have a new entry by now, but covid through a big wrench into those plans. Now for the first time in years,
It will be impossible to digitally purchase any forza motorsport titles on xbox live, probably until next november when the new game drops

PuffyCan

I think microsoft likely expected to have a new entry by now, but covid through a big wrench into those plans. Now for the first time in years,
It will be impossible to digitally purchase any forza motorsport titles on xbox live, probably until next november when the new game drops
That's true, don't know why they just didn't give it for free with gold lol

sainraja

Man, this thread takes the crown of the thread with the most shit takes on this forum. Like:

How this has anything to do with Gamepass when its also leaving Gamepass? And since you mentioned Sony, good luck playing Drive Club, at least FM7 servers will still be online.
He may have misunderstood the thread but he wasn't the one who brought up Sony.

Last edited:

Banned
Man, this thread takes the crown of the thread with the most shit takes on this forum.

How this has anything to do with Gamepass when its also leaving Gamepass? And since you mentioned Sony, good luck playing Drive Club, at least FM7 servers will still be online.

yeah many seem to not know that all that really happens is that you can't buy it digitally anymore. Pretty sure you can still even play Forza Motorsport 3 online to this day

Inviusx

I love the thinking here from Microsoft:

"Ok FM7 is launching, let's run these contracts to 2021, well definitely have the sequel out in 4 years"

I love the thinking here from Microsoft:

"Ok FM7 is launching, let's run these contracts to 2021, well definitely have the sequel out in 4 years"
4 years is usually enough time, but this time it's rumored that the sequel is gonna be on an entirely new engine so yeah.

Skifi28

Easily the worst motorstorm game in the series, but still decent with fun to be had. I just wish there was a steam version but it seems it was being delisted so soon they didn't bother porting like Horizon 4.

Leyasu

Banned
This is pretty short and cheap. 4 years is very short. Maybe GT can afford it due to larger sales and massive eSport (sponsors).
How long did drive club last?

Still, 4yrs is a not great. I would like to know why. At least the servers are still up and the game is still playable.

Last edited:

scalman

its cheap to get all dlcs too with all extra stuff but i mean game has my most fav cars allready in standard editon so thats what i went for .but man that downloading even at spead 21mb/s not fast
i played this before and i played all horizons and still play horizon 4 nowadays, tried all projects cars and assettos and such.. and for me as kinda old school gran turismo fan where you have racers and you buy or win new cars and thos cars are like standard road cars, those are only 2 games out there in the world now ... and GTS is not rly that good , waiting for GT7 and FM8 , so for now this is like only game on pc at least with this style or racing and cars are kinda not that stable on road what i like rly... GTS is just very stable very glued to road and in GTS you dont feel power or speed at all. i mean 200hp cars in GTS feels like real life 60hp cars. they just drive slow in game where in real life you can floor them pretty well and they wont be stable on corners for sure. thats what F7 gives ..kinda

Last edited:
Top Bottom