• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 PC demo confirmed. Minimum and recommend specs detailed

Theorry

Forza 7 developer Turn 10 has posted updated minimum PC specifications for the game, and confirmed a long list of supported peripherals.

The developer announced at gamescom that it managed to optimise the engine enough to allow the game to run at 60fps on a wide range of PC hardware. This also resulted in lowering the recommended specs.

The minimum specs now start at an i5-750 and GT 740 / GTX 650 or FX-6300, whereas the recommend spec can run on an i5-4460 and GTX 670 / GTX 1050 Ti or FX-8350. The minimum specs get you 720p at 60fps, and the recommended specs are designed for 1080p 60fps.

If you're aiming for 4K at 60fps, the ideal specs require an i7-6700K paired with a GTX 1080 or RX Vega 64. As far as PC features, the game includes a benchmark mode, support for 21:9 monitors, up to 8x MSAA and 16x AS, and unlocked frame-rate.

Turn 10 confirmed that, for the first time, PC players will get a demo of the game prior to release. The developer did not announce a date, and it didn't say if the demo would launch on both platforms simultaneously.

Finally, over 30 PC controllers and racing wheels will be supported by the game at launch, including the DualShock 4 controller. Here they are:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Sony Dual Shock 4
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech G27
Logitech MOMO
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
Mad Catz Pro

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/21/forza-7-lowers-minimum-pc-specs-pc-demo-confirmed/

jdmonmou

Looking forward to this. Not looking forward to how much space this game will eat on my hard drive and how much it will eat into my monthly bandwidth cap when I download it.

Gestault

Super smart. Horizon 3 was solid on PC after patching, but they had such a long window of hitching issues before that. This is the best way to get in front of performance concerns.

Can't remember the last time I played, was so disappointed and the windows store such a pain that I gave up.

To be fair, if you say you're "still" having problems, but you're not actually talking about a recent/current version of the game, you're just spreading FUD.

Theorry

I7 and GTX 1080 for 4K/60 fps on PC ? Lol

If this is true , the Xbox One X version will be a low 4K/60 fps version...

Doesnt look like low? :D

GrotesqueValuableAmurratsnake.gif

AdolescentFoolhardyDoe.gif

TheJoRu

Wow, a FX-6300 is enough for 60FPS? Pretty impressive.

My i5-6500/GTX 1060-rig is ready for dat sweet 1080p60 (might even have been possible to get 1440p60, but don't have such a monitor anyway).

I7 and GTX 1080 for 4K/60 fps on PC ? Lol

If this is true , the Xbox One X version will be a low 4K/60 fps version...

It's because they are doing something special to make the cars feel like they are more part of the world and actually on the track.

I forget what it's called but it is something that is more expensive than what the consoles can handle.

Space_nut

It's because they are doing something special to make the cars feel like they are more part of the world and actually on the track.

I forget what it's called but it is something that is more expensive than what the consoles can handle.

Dynamic cube mapping? That's on Xbox One X

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wait 4K@60+ and 8xMSAA?

Unless this engine is optimized to hell, with all the bells and whistles is that even feasible on a single card?

I'm interested in seeing if we get split-screen on PC, and if so, how it'll adapt the settings. Forza 6 removed night and rain for it, which was disappointing. But PC could power through such things.

I really, really hope it's in. Split-screen is my jam in games like this!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Have you played Forza Apex on PC?

Nah.
I was waiting for Forza Horizon 3 and didnt really pay attention to Apex.

Is 4K@60 with 8xMSAA easily doable?
Cuz i always remember 8xMSAA being a framerate killer....add rendering at 4K into the mix and that sounds like a beating on the GPU.

Probably the medium high and ultra presets have some CPU taxing settings as well like draw distance or reflections? Otherwise if a fx 6300 is enough for 60 FPS, it will be regardless of resolution or settings.
I hope we can run the demo in the most taxing scenario (full grid with heavy rain) in order to test if their systems requirements are true. One thing is 60 FPS ahead of the pack and the other is getting those 60 FPS with 10 cars close to you splashing water.

PD: Please don't have memory leaks, please don't have memory leaks. 1080p 60 FPS with dynamic medium low settings is all I aim

Nah.
I was waiting for Forza Horizon 3 and didnt really pay attention to Apex.

Is 4K@60 with 8xMSAA easily doable?
Cuz i always remember 8xMSAA being a framerate killer....add rendering at 4K into the mix and that sounds like a beating on the GPU.

I don't know about all of that. I haven't checked. But I do know that it is wonderfully optimized and the game wasn't even made with PC in mind as it's basically a slice of FM6 if I'm not mistaken.

It's up there with Gears as one of the best optimized games I've played on my PC. It's good. And I'm picky.

Theorry

I don't know about all of that. I haven't checked. But I do know that it is wonderfully optimized and the game wasn't even made with PC in mind as it's basically a slice of FM6 if I'm not mistaken.

It's up there with Gears as one of the best optimized games I've played on my PC. It's good. And I'm picky.

FM6 Apex was technically one big test for them. To get the data for future games. Lucky for use it was a nice F2P version. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sounds good. Have a 6700k, 1080, and a 21:9 3440x1440 monitor so should be able to play max res at 60fps perhaps with a little AA in there too.

Reassuring to have a pre-release demo after the shit fest that was FH3. Not sure what the return policy is on amazon preorders for download codes. Can I preorder and still cancel before launch? Price is good at the moment (£39.99) and I’m worried it might go up before launch.

Gestault

On a GTX 1070 (with an i7 6700), I know I can run Horizon 3 at a stable 4K/60fps at 4xMSAA at/near Ultra, but I can't remember if it worked with 8xMSAA. I'd assume FM7 will be easier to stress test on their end, because of the discrete tracks.

stoke1863

I know it was never going to happen but I was praying for VR support on PC.

I just can't go back to racing on a monitor now. Project cars 2 has my money so far.

Momentary

Banned
Wait 4K@60+ and 8xMSAA?

Unless this engine is optimized to hell, with all the bells and whistles is that even feasible on a single card?

Apex runs at around 4K @ 140 to 160 FPS on my card maxed out with 2x MSAA during rain. Sometimes it dips down to 100FPS if there are cars bunched to get her splashing water everywhere.

All this is on a single GPU... high end GPU.

Top Bottom