• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 PC demo confirmed. Minimum and recommend specs detailed

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
people constantly forget that console versions punch above their weight on a regular basis. I'm not saying it will match the highest end PC gaming rig, but it'll be a pretty solid entry.

Your joking right. We're back again to the pre ps4 days bullshit again, aren't we?
I mean, we've seen the game running on an Xbox One X and it looks better than I'd expect low settings will look. And it's well known that console versions of games tend to be optimized better than PC versions, I'm just talking observations here, not sure why I'd be bullshitting considering a have a 6700k and 1080 with no intention of getting an Xbox either so if you could explain that it'd be great.

Marmelade

A 1080 is only like 2 TFlops more though, and with optimizations specifically for the console version I'm sure they'll get it running nicely.

Comparing TFlops between different architectures is pointless.
Vega 64, AMD's latest 12.5TF GPU, is barely on par with a GTX 1080 for example.
The console situation is different but still, a GTX 1080 is a whole lot better than what's in the Xbox One X.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I mean, we've seen the game running on an Xbox One X and it looks better than I'd expect low settings will look. And it's well known that console versions of games tend to be optimized better than PC versions, I'm just talking observations here, not sure why I'd be bullshitting considering a have a 6700k and 1080 with no intention of getting an Xbox either so if you could explain that it'd be great.

K. I guess you think that what is being shown are low settings, even if they look better than you expected.

K. I guess you think that what is being shown are low settings, even if they look better than you expected.
No? I was saying that I don't think what's been shown of the One X version is running at low settings, looks closer to what I'd expect medium settings to look like perhaps with high textures.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Apex runs at around 4K @ 140 to 160 FPS on my card maxed out with 2x MSAA during rain. Sometimes it dips down to 100FPS if there are cars bunched to get her splashing water everywhere.

All this is on a single GPU... high end GPU.

On a GTX 1070 (with an i7 6700), I know I can run Horizon 3 at a stable 4K/60fps at 4xMSAA at/near Ultra, but I can't remember if it worked with 8xMSAA. I'd assume FM7 will be easier to stress test on their end, because of the discrete tracks.

Woah.

Okay. Shiieeeeet.
Sounds like the engine could be optimized for some high res high frameratery.
You monkeys are tempting me to PlayAnywhere this game.

Ill test the demo and see what my 1070 can pull.

Theorry

Probably the medium high and ultra presets have some CPU taxing settings as well like draw distance or reflections? Otherwise if a fx 6300 is enough for 60 FPS, it will be regardless of resolution or settings.
I hope we can run the demo in the most taxing scenario (full grid with heavy rain) in order to test if their systems requirements are true. One thing is 60 FPS ahead of the pack and the other is getting those 60 FPS with 10 cars close to you splashing water.

PD: Please don't have memory leaks, please don't have memory leaks. 1080p 60 FPS with dynamic medium low settings is all I aim

The demo is probably the same thing we saw so far. Usually is with Forza games. :)

Lettuce

Errr why are the PC specs so high for 4K/60 when its 4K/60 on the XB1 X!? The XB1X only has a jaguar cpu and and an equivalent RX 480 GPU yet on the PC you need and i7 and 1080!!!?

I7 and GTX 1080 for 4K/60 fps on PC ? Lol

If this is true , the Xbox One X version will be a low 4K/60 fps version...

No need to worry. Forza tech was running at 4K/60 with ultra settings and GPU power to spare on the initial port to Xbox One X. I'm sure some concessions will be made here and there to optimize Forza 7 on Xbox One X but it will at/around ultra settings.

Qassim

well that kinda was the requirement for Horizon 3 as far as 4k 60 fps goes ?

Edit : maxed out of course

FH3 can't be a valid comparison. That's a game designed for 30fps (which is why there were severe bottlenecks for a long time after release), can only really properly compare Forza 6: Apex.

Qassim

Microsoft not implementing HDR into the PC versions of their games sucks.

Yeah. I could understand if it were still the case that we didn't have a proper, official implementation of HDR built into Windows, but.. we do. Microsoft have used their games to showcase the 'capabilities' of UWP and Windows 10 in the past, so them ignoring HDR is odd.

Doikor

A 1080 can only get ~40 fps at 4K with everything maxed out in FH3.

Everything maxed out means 8x MSAA which is kinda useless at 4K unless you are gaming on a 100" projector screen or something. For 4K you can drop that to 4x or 2x and still not really see any jaggies.

people constantly forget that console versions punch above their weight on a regular basis.

Do they though? Do they punch above their weight?

Errr why are the PC specs so high for 4K/60 when its 4K/60 on the XB1 X!? The XB1X only has a jaguar cpu and and an equivalent RX 480 GPU yet on the PC you need and i7 and 1080!!!?

You should take these 4K requirements with a bit of salt. Microsoft has a very good reason to make it seem like you need a 1080ti and an i7 to match XB1X.

Not Drake

Cool. I'll give a demo a download and if it runs well on my laptop I'll buy it. I'm fairly new to modern PC gaming and I hope I can get to 1080@60FPSwith some settings increased over stock Xbox One with i5-6300HQ/GTX 960M combo.

Theorry

Just wanted to clarify this misconception quickly. Yes, Forza Motorsport 7 will support HDR on PC!

ezgif.com-maker-1.gif

HeliosT10

Any new footage coming from gamescom Helios?

Plenty to come from the showfloor I expect, whilst the demo on display is similar to the E3 build, the gamescom build does contain a new car/track combo (Radical XRC at Sonoma) so there will definitely be some new stuff to see.

Our behind closed doors build that we're showing off to journalists also contains lots of new info that I'm sure you will all hear about soon once the articles from the show start to get released.

We also have other something else in the pipeline but until this is confirmed I'd rather not give any more details as I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Mascot

Plenty to come from the showfloor I expect, whilst the demo on display is similar to the E3 build, the gamescom build does contain a new car/track combo so there will definitely be some new stuff to see.

Our behind closed doors build that we're showing off to journalists also contains lots of new info that I'm sure you will all hear about soon once the articles from the show start to get released.

We also have other something else in the pipeline but until this is confirmed I'd rather not give any more details as I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

It's VR support, isn't it? This is 2017 after all.
VR support confirmed?
Can I start a new thread?
I'll take any silence as confirmation.

After the colossal disaster (technically) that Horizon 3 was on pc at launch... This is a good idea, if i see any problem, is an insta no buy.

Aizo

Banned
Once I can no longer run Forza on my PC, then I must get an upgrade. I hope this one is optimized better than Horizon. Wouldn't dream of getting it on release.

f@luS

More than a member.
Coding to the metal improvements are like 5% if that much.
Yeah sure

Console specs games are always punching leagues above their counterpart.
Im totally confident it will run on high settings or very close to at 4k60fps
Thinking it will be low is really exaggerating

Yeah sure

Has this generation taught you anything regarding coding to the metal and the actual settings comparisons with PC versions? Games tend to be mixes of low or medium on console with some of the obvious settings set up to high.

It has been that way nearly across all games.

f@luS

More than a member.
Has this generation taught you anything regarding coding to the metal and the actual settings comparisons with PC versions? Games tend to be mixes of low or medium on console with some of the obvious settings set up to high.

I'm just caring about straight résultats. Not one game in particular. Consoles can punch leaves above pc with similar specs. Even more when it's first party title (Sony games or I hope this one for exemple )

Mifec

Yeah sure

Yeah that's why most games have settings considerably lowered from their PC counterparts and some have settings lower than what's the lowest on PC.

Coding to the metal in this current gen improves very little. That's a fact.

leeh

The UWP games seem to be an exception to that though. FH3 was cranked up way higher on the X1 than it should be comparatively.

Sygma

FH3 can't be a valid comparison. That's a game designed for 30fps (which is why there were severe bottlenecks for a long time after release), can only really properly compare Forza 6: Apex.

Fair 'nuf

A 1080 can only get ~40 fps at 4K with everything maxed out in FH3.

I have 62 - 80 fps but msaax4, not x8

Without Msaa its fairly stable between 80 - 90

Top Bottom