• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News to Host Live Event With Bernie Sanders. Hillary Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoku

The person who shouted, "What is it!?"--Props to her.

I feel as though Hillary actually handled that really well. She explained thoroughly what kinds of costs should be reduced and why. However, she did dodge the question of how she plans on paying for it. She mentions that her numbers "add up" and by the end of that answer, she mentions $100 billion a year. That's not very different from Sanders' proposition where he has been explaining how it will be paid for all along.

Hilary really nailed why she's winning. She stated she's not going to promise you the moon, she's stating what she feels she can get done.

I'll vote for either Bernie or her.

Gattsu25

Banned
Hilary really nailed why she's winning. She stated she's not going to promise you the moon, she's stating what she feels she can get done.

I'll vote for either Bernie or her.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty confident in both of the candidates and wouldn't mind seeing either in the oval office.

ezrarh

She did pretty well there although Fox at this point would have her over Trump so they didn't do anything too crazy.

Ryoku

Both had a great night at FOX despite everyone clamoring about how FOX will rip them up--especially Hillary. Points for FOX for doing this properly--and also without plants in the audience like Hillary had last time (the mothers).

They hit her hard on Libya and emails.

Yeah, but those were just general questions that would need to have been addressed to the audience at some point in her campaign. The thing is, they didn't push her on it. They let her answer (for the most part) and moved on. It was a very good town hall for independents and moderate Republicans who really needed those sorts of questions answered.

Daft Bird

This was a good town hall. It didn't change my mind on who I will vote for, but I definitely made me feel more comfortable with Hilary if she became president. I really think Fox News did a great job, hard questions that were pretty fair. I hope that they do more of these, however unlikely that might be.

Oriel

Pretty steady stuff tonight. No great surprises and the candidates repeated a lot of their previous campaign speeches. Fox surprisingly did a decent job and didn't attempt to ambush Clinton. The answers given probably won't sway too many people in the primaries between the two but I felt Clinton came off the best and performed quite well.

danm999

I'll eat crow and admit when I said this;

Why would you want to appear on a network that this week admitted they were carrying water for Marco Rubio?

I was wrong.

Both candidates looked good in front of a hostile audience. I can only imagine there are a lot of moderate, establishment Republicans and independents watching and lamenting all the adults seem to be running on the other side of the aisle.

Tarkus

I was wrong.

Both candidates looked good in front of a hostile audience. I can only imagine there are a lot of moderate, establishment Republicans and independents watching and lamenting all the adults seem to be running on the other side of the aisle.
The audience wasn't hostile at all lol. Did you actually watch it?

I'll eat crow too. I thought this would be an unmitigated disaster. Instead, Hillary showed how well she knows foreign policy. She shows she can answer the BS email question, and she was able to handle a heckler very well.

Boke1879

I was wrong.

Yup. That's all you can hope for is that some independent/moderate republicans were watching this and are fed up with what the GOP has become.

danm999

Yup. That's all you can hope for is that some independent/moderate republicans were watching this and are fed up with what the GOP has become.

Maybe some of them tune into the next Dem debate and get shocked they're talking about issues and policy and not dick size and poll numbers.

Fox News is actually fairly moderate and at least tries to be fair and balanced (unlike MSNBC which doesn't even pretend to be bipartisan). This was one of the best Democratic town halls and I hope to see the candidates on Fox News more.

Fox News is actually fairly moderate and at least tries to be fair and balanced (unlike MSNBC which doesn't even pretend to be bipartisan). This was one of the best Democratic town halls and I hope to see the candidates on Fox News more.
This isn't true in the slightest. They're better at being a conservative network this cycle but that's the highest praise they can get. MSNBC is more moderate if anything.

Tarkus

Finally someone who isn't Diablosing about Fox News.

Let's not go fucking insane now.

Fox News did fine with a Town Hall, but fuck no they aren't fair and balanced outside of that. We have decades of evidence concerning that, and we know who owns and runs the network, and we know they were actively trying to make Rubio looks as good as humanly possible before he had zero chance.

Fox News is one the worst things to happen to Broadcast "journalism". Hell, to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom