• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox orders new 24 pilot (all new characters, titled "24: Legacy")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynes

They could do what they did in the second season of Strike Back and
have the main character killed in the first episode, his death livestreamed by his captors.

Give it another 10 seasons. They still have exhausted every possible Jack scenario. E.g. Jack was actually behind it all.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Elba's profile is about 20 times too high for a project like this. But I think we'll get a recognizable face leading this. Maybe Denzel? Is he in the "easy TV money" phase of his career?
You can't be serious. If Elba is 20 times too big, Denzel Washington is no less than 100 times.

Denzel Washington is 61 years old. Name and high profile aside, there is no way that Fox would try to establish a tentpole TV action franchise with a 61 year old man.

Carl2291

No thanks.

They had the perfect replacement in Kate Morgan after Live Another Day, and a perfect plot set up for Season 10.

jelly

Good. They needed to dump Jack years ago. Name is silly though; just call it 24.

Reminds me of that other shit Legacy. Bourne. I echo just 24 or hell give yourself some room and do something new, 7 Days so you can travel around, better investigation stories.

So how are they going to address
Jack being stuck in a Russian gulag and Tony getting busted out of prison by a black-ops group to go rescue him?
Is that just going to remain as an unresolved sequel hook?

To be fair, this doesn't have to be a hard reboot. If it goes well they can always bring Tony, Jack, or any other surviving legacy characters back into the mix at a later date. They're saying 'all new cast', but I don't take that to mean that none of the previous seasons happened until they actually say that. Obviously that has a lot of scope for smaller stuff. Like, if they cut to Washington, what happened to Karen Hayes? Or Mike Novick? What are they doing now, like a decade on? Mandy's still out there if they need another terrorist threat with a familiar face again. So they can tie in and call back in these ways if they want to. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of the new Live Another Day characters crop up in the later end of the first season of this.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I'm so in!!

Keep it intimate like season 1, no world war or bigger threat. Build a new cast of heroes and villains (please no moles for heavens sake) and don't mention Jack till season 2 at the earliest.

Did Mandy ever get caught or is that an untied thread.

Dalek

I'm sure this can work without Keifer. It was the premise of the show that intrigued me, not just the same actor in the role.

The last season of 24 was fantastic, I'm dying for more.

Denzel Washington is 61 years old. Name and high profile aside, there is no way that Fox would try to establish a tentpole TV action franchise with a 61 year old man.

Holy shit-are you serious? wow

ryan299

I'm upset by this. The ending was another cliffhanger and then they include the Tony stuff on the dvd only to do a reboot. And half of the last season was set up for the new girl.

ghostjoke

Banned
No Bauer? No femBauer (can't remember her name)? No Tony? No Piece? No Chloe? No anybody? Mandy even for sake of closure? Just make a new series, Fox. Legacy is so tacky. We're going to get Kim, aren't we?

zma1013

The twist this time is that the mole is literally a mole that's burrowed into ctu and accidentally goes through some wires crippling ctu at an important dramatic moment. The pest control guy is then arrested on suspicious of collaborating with the mole.

24 had great seasons/eps, but overall it became a terrible show with repetitive plotlines....which then became Homeland, which is also terrible. 24 would work again without the same producers/writers. But alas, we won't get that.

Morts

I think I like 24... I have three episodes left in season 7 right now and it's been a pretty dumb season, but those early years were great.

mrjohill

I guess if Idris doesn't get James Bond, then a Black Bauer will do.

rogercross2.jpg

My boy Curtis Manning going to be Tony Almada'd back into the show?

Didn't he get killed by Bauer?
Edit: Or is that what you meant by tony almada'd lol

Fevaweva

I think I like 24... I have three episodes left in season 7 right now and it's been a pretty dumb season, but those early years were great.

Season 7 is fucking ridiculous and stupid, but fun. Much more so than Season 6. But Season 8...man. That is probably the best season of the show.

Kadin

A series order would be a 12-episode arc, like the 2014 revival Live Another Day, rather than the strict real-time 24-episode format of the original series. “That’s something we discussed for years, ‘It’s 24 — it has to be 24 episodes,’ ” Walden said. “I don’t think any of us believe that a 24-episode arc in this day and age is the way to go.”
I guess that makes sense but I still don't like the idea of the shows skipping time. It was fine for the short-run Live Another Day but for a full series I want my full 24 episodes god dammit!

rtcn63

If they crossover with Prison Break, they could have each series be 12 episodes taking place in the same day.

Maddocks

I'll allow it, if Big Boss can't do it, then it is good that someone else can and will. We won't ever get the sunset to happiness walk off for Jack, but time for someone else to be awake for hours and then cry in their car at what they had to do that day.

Kaladin

Funny that Sutherland is in a role on ABC where he's "handed the presidency after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union address."

I want that as my next season of 24. That world should make Jack President with all he's done to help them, then maybe stupid shit wouldn't take 24 hours to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom