• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox orders new 24 pilot (all new characters, titled "24: Legacy")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm fine with a new cast but we need Kate Morgan from S9 to return. She is well trained in the Bauer arts.

The real question is if the new actor is prepared to bite a terrorist like Jack Bauer did.

tumblr_n1j3t06pNG1tsjrlzo1_500.png

Line_HTX

I would've liked it if Yvonne Strahovski's character was the new Bauer. She pretty much stole the show for Day 9: Live Another Day.

I'm fine with a new cast but we need Kate Morgan from S9 to return. She is well trained in the Bauer arts.

I would've liked it if Yvonne Strahovski's character was the new Bauer. She pretty much stole the show for Day 9: Live Another Day.

This this and this some more. She was awesome. But I'm down for a new protag as long as it's good. It'd be great if she could come back as supporting though, like Annie Wersching.

God, Annie Wersching...

You can't be serious. If Elba is 20 times too big, Denzel Washington is no less than 100 times.

I haven't recalled seeing him in anything massive recently, so I suggested it. Then I realized The Equalizer apparently did big business, so he may still be out of FOX's reach. Though they have been on a tear of getting higher-name stars for their projects recently (Kevin Bacon, Jamie Lee Curtis, Terrence Howard).

But yeah, I retract the Denzel suggestion. If he does TV, it'll maybe be in 5-10 years, or on HBO.

As a huge fan of select seasons of 24 (mainly 1,2, 4 & 5), I feel like 24 is a series whose format & themes are perfect for cast wipes each season, but that the show grew well beyond that when we kept getting Jack. I didn't see the mini-season that aired last year (although i've heard its very good), but the insistence on keeping Jack as the MC turned the show into being about primarily him.

Basically, I don't think i'm going to be able to give a full-cast the fresh-eyes they deserve after so many years focusing on Jack & his exploits and not wonder where he is at, what he is up to, or if he'll ever make a guest cameo at any given moment.

satriales

I'm all for this. The format of 24 is excellent and works even better when we don't know most of the characters and can't be sure who to trust.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This this and this some more. She was awesome. But I'm down for a new protag as long as it's good. It'd be great if she could come back as supporting though, like Annie Wersching.

God, Annie Wersching...

I swear with S7 they were prepping Renee as the new main character then pussied out, which was a huge shame. It was criminal what they did to that character.

Awwwww.

24 without Jack Bauer won´t be the same. Will still give it a chance though, since the concept is neat.

Maybe we´ll get a crossover at some future season.
If it isn´t cancelled halfway through the first one.

I swear with S7 they were prepping Renee as the new main character then pussied out, which was a huge shame. It was criminal what they did to that character.

I don't want to get started on it, needless to say our opinions on the matter more than align.

En-ou

whats the point? they cant seem to write for shit anymore. after season 1, the rest went downhill. keep elba out of this and continue with luther.

They're not going to do that. They've already set up a sequel hook from the original series, and there's no way they're going to randomly kill off the lead character off-screen.

Also, keep in mind that there was already was a character in the original series (Curtis Manning) who was referred to as "BlackJack". They gave him virtually nothing to do and
killed him off near the beginning of Season 6

That was at the actor's request.

He was effective in the show and the novels.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So how many times can they not do 24 hours in real time before they have to stop calling the show 24?

foxtrot3d

Banned
24 had great seasons/eps, but overall it became a terrible show with repetitive plotlines....which then became Homeland, which is also terrible. 24 would work again without the same producers/writers. But alas, we won't get that.

I'm gonna agree here but I am hyped as fuck for a black lead. Take a shot if you've heard of these plots before:

-Jack Bauer goes Rogue.
-A mole in CTU
-CTU gets attacked
-White House/President gets attacked
-Initial fanatical terrorist group attack is actually a grand scheme of powerful white corporate dudes.
-President's top aide schemes against him/her.
-Jack was right all along.

let-it-go.gif

stryke

I would have been okay with this if they hadn't ended the way they did last season. Being stuck with the Russians isn't something Bauer deserves.

Semajer

I've always wanted a series of 24 where there are two completely unrelated terrorist incidents on the same day that confuses the crap out of CTU. There's still hope if this new series continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom