• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile heading to North America. Thank you XSEED!

Hero of Legend said:
Am I the only one who notices that JYB is like the main person to voice of the lead in Wii RPGs?

Rune Factory Frontier as Raguna, Symphonia DotNW as Emil, now Fragile as Seth, wonder if he'll be L'Arc in ARF?

Considering he looks like a grown up Renton, that would actually be very fitting.

AppleBlade

I think the quality of the translation is going to either make or break this game for me. I know the game is going to have atmosphere and a unique setting but I also know that the gameplay isn't the most compelling in the world (according to import reviews) however a good story could really wrap me up in this world and a very good translation is going to be vital for that.

Volcynika

Sorry if this isn't the newest thread (and hope this isn't old) D:

XSEED Games Announces Pre-order Bonus for FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON

Players who Preorder and Purchase Upcoming Wii™ Exclusive From GameStop and EB Games Will Receive a Bonus CD Containing Select Tracks from the Game Soundtrack

Torrance, Calif., (February 12, 2010) – XSEED Games revealed today that players who preorder FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON from GameStop and EB Games will receive a copy of MOONLIGHT TRACKS, a special selection of 12 tracks from the game including the opening and ending Japanese theme songs. The MOONLIGHT TRACKS special preorder bonus will be available exclusively at GameStop and EB Games together with the retail release of the game, but only while supplies last. Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games and tri-Crescendo, FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON will be available in North America in March 2010, exclusively for Wii™.

The North American release has also been confirmed as containing the original Japanese voices in addition to the newly recorded English voice-overs, as well as a newly created “Extras” option that becomes available once the game has been cleared. This new mode allows players to revisit key event movies from the game in the movie gallery, view concept art, and watch the original Japanese trailers. As an added bonus, FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON will also feature a dual-sided box front, with the original Japanese box front on the reverse side.

Marked by a remarkably haunting score, FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON finds protagonist Seto exploring an eerie and abandoned world, seemingly populated only by haunting ghosts and demons. As this lonely and lost soul, players encounter memorable characters, and discover the back story behind scavenged items that provide insight into the population’s last days before a devastating apocalypse. Amidst this strangely beautiful atmosphere, players utilize the Wii Remote™ as a flashlight to illuminate Seto’s surroundings, solve puzzles and interact with the bleak, devastated environment, set to a moving, emotional soundtrack.

Look for FRAGILE DREAMS: FAREWELL RUINS OF THE MOON exclusively on Wii™ in March 2010. For more information please visit: http://www.xseedgames.com.

About XSEED Games:
XSEED Games was formed in November 2004 by a small group of industry veterans led by president Jun Iwasaki with a common vision: to cross pollinate the avid gaming cultures of Japan and North America. Delivering unique, innovative titles across multiple platforms and genres, XSEED Games is dedicated to publishing products that appeal and enrich the North American market. More information on XSEED Games can be found at http://www.xseedgames.com

© 2009 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
Wii, Wii Remote and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2006 Nintendo.

22434_296217663353_163718093353_3461851_2707221_n.jpg

Volcynika

ILikeFeet said:
the game also has a reversible boxart to go with the new:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4352107890_41005d6f0f_o_d.jpg[img]

CD art:

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4351363825_5e552107a2_o_d.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Yeah, bolded the reverse boxart mention in the PR, but thanks for posting the image for that and the CD.

Doorman

ILikeFeet said:
the game also has a reversible boxart to go with the new:
Actually, that new boxart looks pretty cool. It's very encouraging to see all the little extras and things that XSeed is providing for this localization. Now if only they put together the cash to really market it, because I doubt this is going to find a very strong base in the states.

As for the trailer...well it did the job I guess, but I would have liked to hear more voice clips from the English track. The "I was all alone...alone..." didn't sound very well-acted, but the rest was okay. I've been interested in this game since the first Japanese trailers, I wonder if I'll be able to scrounge up the cash to pick it up in March, since there still seems to be so many other games coming out this quarter.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Volcynika said:
Yeah, bolded the reverse boxart mention in the PR, but thanks for posting the image for that and the CD.

no problem

truth is, I don't know if I will get this. I was very excited when they first revealed it, but when the gameplay came in, I was very disappointed. I may get it upon a price drop.

Top Bottom