• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Darabont writing and directing 'The Walking Dead' series for AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Side note: Is Emma Bell (Amy) Zoe Bell's sister? Looks alot like her...

Edit: Guess not. She also kinda looks like Gretchen Mol.

Anywho, she's hot.

Also, the official Walking Dead Twitter account has been listing "zombie rules" the last few weeks.
Zombie Rule #1: Ability to run is based on the amount of time a zombie has been undead, and how much decay has set in.

Zombie Rule #2: Zombies decay but at a much slower rate than humans, and it’s still possible to differentiate between young and old zombies.

Zombie Rule #3: Zombies are like lions: if they’ve eaten, you can walk by them without fear, but a pack of hungry zombies will attack you.

Zombie Rule #4: The quickest speed of any zombie is a shambling run. see Night of the Living Dead. NO sprinters exist.

Zombie Rule #5: Zombies are not dexterous. They cannot pick up or use any items more complex than a rock or a stick.

Zombie Rule #6: Zombies have poor eyesight but they do have a strong sense of smell.

Zombie Rule #7: Zombies cannot speak but can communicate by pack mentality. The herd tends to move together if they sight food.

Zombie Rule #8: There is no overt recognition of people or places, there is a sense of familiarity that can dictate where a zombie moves.

Zombie Rule #9: There’s no known cause of the zombie mutation, but it’s suspected to be a virus or infection.
Not really any real spoilers in here - just a listing of the zombie mechanics they'll be using in the series.

Bankoiia

I can't believe I didn't know, until today, that this adaption was going to happen. Really looking forward to the first episode.

anaron

Spotless Mind said:
Wow. That was very impressive.

Has there been word on them doing a credits sequence? I'm excited to see what he comes up with.
I know he tweeted a pic of the written score titled 'main title' so I'm guessing so. I'll post it for you when I find it. :)

Akia

God, I really think this show is going to do really well, so well that I think it might be a double edged sword if it makes AMC's other shows look really bad numbers wise. Going forward AMC might only be interested in green lighting shows that can garner viewership in the same league as The Walking Dead. Instead comparing The Walking Dead to other AMC originals I think they should benchmark it against season 1 of HBO's True Blood. I think AMC's decision on renewing Rubicon for a second season (I really hope they do) is going to tell us a lot about the network's future plans.

gdt

Akia said:
God, I really think this show is going to do really well, so well that I think it might be a double edged sword if it makes AMC's other shows look really bad numbers wise. Going forward AMC might only be interested in green lighting shows that can garner viewership in the same league as The Walking Dead. Instead comparing The Walking Dead to other AMC originals I think they should benchmark it against season 1 of HBO's True Blood. I think AMC's decision on renewing Rubicon for a second season (I really hope they do) is going to tell us a lot about the network's future plans.

I do think WD will premiere bigger than their other shows, but keep in mind this is still AMC, a (relatively) new network. They've been making all of the right moves, so I'll trust them. AMC isn't throwing away their hard earned reputation.

At this point, I think AMC is building a brand, rather than strictly heading for ratings points. They don't get that much ad-revenue from Mad Men and Breaking Bad (I remember someone, Cornballer I think, posted a great article on AMC ad revenue recently), so there are other factors at work.

gdt

Really like the new promo. Nice to see they're pushing it out to regular people now, everyone on the internet is already going to watch.

Nizz

I'm sorry if it's been posted already, but when does this show start? I'm very interested in watching this. Only thing that sucks is that we don't have AMC in HD.

purple cobra said:
I'm sorry if it's been posted already, but when does this show start? I'm very interested in watching this. Only thing that sucks is that we don't have AMC in HD.
Halloween night - October 31st

Nizz

Cornballer said:
Halloween night - October 31st
Awesome. Yeah, I was just watching that interview at youtube that Fireblend linked to and at the end is said "Halloween at 10". Definitely will watch. :)

Sepinwall says that critics are starting to get their hands on screeners:
Sepinwall said:
For those who've been asking for my Walking Dead opinion, screeners finally arrived today. I will be spending my morning with zombies.

Salazar

gdt5016 said:
CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD!

Indeed.

Have 'This Life' or 'Teachers' been screened in the US ?

I mention it because it's odd (and wonderful) seeing Andrew Lincoln as Rick because I have a deeply ingrained sense of him as a humorously neurotic nerd from his previous tv work.

One more tidbit from Deadline.com
Deadline.com said:
'Walking Dead' To Become Series Of Novels

Robert Kirkman's bestselling comic series The Walking Dead, which already migrated to TV with the upcoming AMC series, will now spawn a trilogy of original novels to be published by Thomas Dunne books, an imprint of St. Martins Press, starting in 2011. The books will be conceptualized and outlined by Kirkman before being developed by horror novelist Jay Bonansinga (Perfect Victim). The books’ plots will take place in the “universe” or context established by Kirkman’s comic series, which is currently in its 77th issue and has sold approximately three million copies worldwide. AMC's The Walking Dead premieres on October 31.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Had to share this sketch I managed to score from Cliff Rathburn for my girlfriend's bday.

5062770047_835cd2aeab_z.jpg

Kuraudo

Banned
Cornballer said:
One more tidbit from Deadline.com

Ugh, awful idea.

Will only read if it's an alt-universe story about Tyreese and Abraham putting an end to the outbreak.

Edit: In CBR's report they mention that Kirkman wrote a TWD prose story for the Living Dead 2 anthology. Anyone read it?

- TWD Panel at NY Comic Con on Sunday
Attention fans of The Walking Dead: This Sun., Oct. 10 from 2:15 to 3:45 PM ET, New York Comic Con will host a panel on the AMC series with Executive Producers Frank Darabont, Gale Anne Hurd and Robert Kirkman, as well as cast Andrew Lincoln (Rick), Jon Bernthal (Shane), Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori), Laurie Holden (Andrea), Steven Yeun (Glenn) and Norman Reedus (Daryl).

During the panel -- moderated by IGN.com's Eric Moro -- a new trailer will be screened along with never-before-seen footage from the show itself.

Can't make it to the Con? No problem! AMCtv.com will be live-blogging the event right here, so be sure to log on Sun., Oct. 10 at 2:15PM | 1:15C to see up-to-the-minute updates and photos from the event.

The Walking Dead premieres Halloween, Sun., Oct. 31 at 10/9c.

Salazar said:
Indeed.

Have 'This Life' or 'Teachers' been screened in the US ?

I mention it because it's odd (and wonderful) seeing Andrew Lincoln as Rick because I have a deeply ingrained sense of him as a humorously neurotic nerd from his previous tv work.

Woah. Flashing back to late nights spent watching the ABC during high school. (Teachers actually had me cherishing my school more than I would have otherwise.) Didn't realize it was him!

I'm so hyped for this, it's not even funny.

And it's weird too, because horror is my least favorite genre but I've heard good things about the graphic novels and I trust AMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom