• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O'Connor doesn't recall the exact scorpio specs but was vaguely impressed

JlNX

To put this into perspective, John the Baptist was only vaguely impressed when he first met Jesus, and Jesus went on to become the Son of God and the Messiah whose coming was promised in the Old Testament.

But what if Stinkles is a atheist would that mean it would need even more to impress him /s

gaming_noob

Knowing MS they probably won't even mention the 6TF number. They will have a dev say "equivalent of 10TF of power!" or something like that.

Bsigg12

Knowing MS they probably won't even mention the 6TF number. They will have a dev say "equivalent of 10TF of power!" or something like that.

I mean, they're the ones who gave us 6TF in the first place.

I would fully expect them talk about it at length because they are trying to get the people who actually care about the nbers on their side.

has anyone considered that the Scorpio might use Zen?

Scorpio

Admodieus

Whoever made the decision to release that Scorpio trailer at E3 2016 is genius. They haven't said another word about it and the Internet has been hyping it for them for half year now.

Whoever made the decision to release that Scorpio trailer at E3 2016 is genius. They haven't said another word about it and the Internet has been hyping it for them for half year now.

Seriously. I've watched that damn trailer so many times now, like if I watch it just one more time I'm going to see something that I'm not supposed to see that the people who put it together somehow missed :p

Still, it was a great decision. Can you just imagine NOT showing or saying something, and just leave people to speculate on whether the damn thing even exists, and whether it will truly be the rumored 6TF stuff that we saw prior to E3?

By the time Scorpio drops next year, I suspect it will be positioned as a next-gen console. The gap between it and the Bone seems took far to maintain compatibility for more than a year or 2. You'll either be holding back the Scorpio or offering a terrible experience to Bone users.

By the time Scorpio drops next year, I suspect it will be positioned as a next-gen console. The gap between it and the Bone seems took far to maintain compatibility for more than a year or 2. You'll either be holding back the Scorpio or offering a terrible experience to Bone users.

this year!

timlot

Banned
Does it matter? It's still being held back by the weak Xbox One.

I get an eye twitch every time I see this debunked statement. Phil has already stated Scorpio will be using PC 4K assets and features. As far as a "game design" being the argument. I have yet to see recent games that are so advanced on PC that it can't be done on PS4/Xb1. Battlefield 1 is one the most advanced games out there and yes it can look better on pc, but the consoles version aren't much different from looks or gameplay standpoint. This isn't the 6th or 7th generation where there were polygon count, effects, memory, bandwidth limitations, etc. had an impact on core game design.

My reaction to this:

frrCu16.gif

Impress me, Microsoft. I'll buy your console if you impress me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Slow day on gaming side huh?

To be fair to them, the gaming industry tends to leave a month long news void between the second week of December and the second week of January, so they often go stir crazy.

With the way games are marketed these days as well, there's very little news even in the news season to boot.

Trup1aya

Does it matter? It's still being held back by the weak Xbox One.

It'll be held back by the Xbox one, until it isn't.

You think they are going to make xbox one games forever? At some on they'll move to a new standard, and that's when Scorpio can prove its worth.

You think they are going to make xbox one games forever? At some on they'll move to a new standard, and that's when Scorpio can prove its worth.

According to ms, xbox one games are = project scorpio games

Something along the lines devs already scale like they do for pc and this is something similar but for the xbox sdks.

I really hope this is the plan for both new consoles. It's a little unnerving that PS4 Pro still carries the "4". Hopefully it won't be cut short when/if PS5 is announced. Both systems should adopt a year naming scheme imo. So "PlayStation 2016" rather than "Ps4 pro".

EmiPrime

I really hope this is the plan for both new consoles. It's a little unnerving that PS4 Pro still carries the "4". Hopefully it won't be cut short when/if PS5 is announced. Both systems should adopt a year naming scheme imo. So "PlayStation 2016" rather than "Ps4 pro".

The PS4 Pro will have exactly the same lifespan as the PS4. Nothing unnerving about that, everyone knew what they were getting into long before its release.

To put this into perspective, John the Baptist was only vaguely impressed when he first met Jesus, and Jesus went on to become the Son of God and the Messiah whose coming was promised in the Old Testament.

Then he was killed by the Romans at the behest of an angry mob also vaguely impressed. Sure he came back 3 teraflops later, but hasn't released any new hardware since.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
LOL lets just wait guys. I am sure it will be good. Can't wait to play RDR this holiday on it

Trup1aya

According to ms, xbox one games are = project scorpio games

Something along the lines devs already scale like they do for pc and this is something similar but for the xbox sdks.

Yeah, but at some point we'll all want games to have gameplay systems that simply cant work on existing hardware. You can scale art assests, but you cant scale physics or AI complexity without gimping the experience, for example.

Nah, screw that. It's called the PS4 Pro, it should be cut short. When the PS5 comes out, they should give developers two options:
- Cross-gen, where they support the PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5 or
- PS5 only

Top Bottom